Auto Start

When creating single/multiplayer missions, can the Auto-start-up feature be disabled in the mission forcing a manual start-up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

9 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

No.

Which is a good thing. 

I agree. This is a game. If I had to do a manual start-up for an A-10C or any other of these highly complex fighters or helicopters, I would never want to fly that mission.
On the other hand, if a group of people decide they want to be dead-serious about it and not allow auto-start and ED would provide that option, I wouldn't protest. In reality, very few prople would want to fly there and those missions would join the large number of MP missions where you feel very lonely.

ED has a huge backlog of issues to fix, and this one (which is not an issue but a wish) should have very low priority.

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 2

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

Personally, I don't think disabling auto start is a good idea, however I disagree that it's impossible. 

I recently watched and rewatched a video about scripting by Reflected Simulations. In it he talks about how every key bind/ action has a value and as a mission designer you can hook actions/ events to those events. 

While I don't know how to do it, I'm betting you could disable the action relatated to auto start in the script file for the mission. 

For example, if you have the binding number for auto start, you could add a message to player like having jester say; "Lazy bastard." If you push the auto start. (Well you'd need a jester voice file saying that... but you get it.) 

If I were doing this, I'd just hook a failure to the autostart so it breaks 100% of the time. Now this might break the jet, or something, so you'd need to play with it, but I think you could get it to work.

Anyway here's the video I was talking about.

• Like 1

I can imagine missions where the designer might want the auto starts disabled like the mission oriented dynamic war type. They want to encourage realistic behavior and not have pilots just respawn quickly and easily. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 2/22/2022 at 7:11 PM, =475FG= Dawger said:

No.

Which is a good thing. 

I agree. I use Autostart on the A-10C and I don't feel guilty of not learning it. I mean there's getting down and doing it, but realistically I don't have the desire to do a full manual start. Unless the startup  wasn't so complex and full of steps to perform.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I never get why it’s a problem to do the manual start. It’s probably the easiest thing to do in any of the aircraft. And auto start doesn’t save you any time because in most aircraft you have to wait for the INS to align anyways. Might as well click on some stuff while you’re waiting. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

True, but I don't feel like it. ED spent good time coming up with Auto Start and I'm going to use it though.

• Like 2

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Just like to pop in here and remind those who might be interested that I did a set of pictorial start-up guides that go onto the kneeboards and are very easy to follow from inside the cockpit. Module releases up to and including the F-16 are included.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GpjGrFTJa84Xr6gJ7ZXT1FmAx5MmtafM?usp=sharing

In the coming weeks Google are making changes to Drive and not allowing duplicate files and this may affect these guides, so if you want them, grab them soon. Don't know why they are doing this, as I pay them for storage space and it should be up to me what I put where - but that's another subject. Just be aware it may mess these files up. I'm planning on taking my  pennies and files elsewhere, but for now they are still on Drive and still okay.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

2 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

I never get why it’s a problem to do the manual start. It’s probably the easiest thing to do in any of the aircraft. And auto start doesn’t save you any time because in most aircraft you have to wait for the INS to align anyways. Might as well click on some stuff while you’re waiting. 

Mainly because it is intensely boring. 

• Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

27 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Mainly because it is intensely boring. 

Well that might be what the mission designer intended. A resoawn penalty😁