Network HUD/HMCS Symbol lag Issue

darkman222

• ED Team
Just now, Dawgboy said:

I saw this in single player mode, which is mostly what I've playing as of late.  I will replay the MIZ where it showed and report back. 

If you have a single player track replay we would like to see it 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWYI've posted SP tracks in a earlier comment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking For A Real Dynamic Campaign?

Come And Check Out XSAF!

MAKE SURE TO READ THE RULES AND PERSONALY I RECOMMEND CHECKING OUT SOME VIDS ON YOUTUBE.

Growling Sidewinder's video               Natty Ice's video                              

Hi! 

I was searching if anyone reported it before and here I am. 

I have similar issue very often. First ACM lock gives me lock circle far behind bandit... Need to drop lock and relock target and this helps, but it shouldn't work like that IMO.

Tested on MP: GS and Dogfight servers.

BR

AG 

• 3 weeks later...
Il 2/3/2022 at 15:24, BIGNEWY ha scritto:

If you have a single player track replay we would like to see it 

thanks

I recorded two tracks.  I can't reproduce it every time, but I think that it happens more often when trying to lock a target on the side, flying in the opposite direction, I think I've never seen it on a cold target.

It definitely happens in single player, in those tracks I kept putting the target to the side to make it easier (if you keep doing what I did, eventually you will reproduce it), but it also happens spontaneously during a regular dogfight.

I hope this is useful.

f16 acm 1.trk f16 acm 2.trk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
Following more intensive flying of the F-16 in dogfights, all thanks to the amazing flight model changes, I am here to talk about a behaviour that I've managed to replicate and capture on tape recently. Namely, when an aircraft is locked up in ACM mode with the HMCS using the BORE setting (the oval on the HMCS), there is a chance that the "lock" itself will be a ghost lock behind the bandit, the box trailing behind it, until the lock is dropped after a while.

I have attached an image and a trackfile replicating the behaviour, and I hope this will aid in taking a look at the situation. All the best!

Screen_220410_130618.png

HMCSdesync.trk

• Like 1

Yep, if there are two bandits in front and you put the ellipsis on the upper bandit, the lower bandit will be locked, even if the lower bandit is not inside the ellipsis at all! I can do it consistently on a dogfight server. Have no track, but this issue is apparent, as well as not being. able to lock any bandit looking down towards the ground. 

Just now, feipan said:

Yep, if there are two bandits in front and you put the ellipsis on the upper bandit, the lower bandit will be locked, even if the lower bandit is not inside the ellipsis at all! I can do it consistently on a dogfight server. Have no track, but this issue is apparent, as well as not being. able to lock any bandit looking down towards the ground. 

While I know what you mean, this isn't the issue I am showing here. In my case the issue is present with a single bandit, and the TD box drifts behind it. I am not talking about multiple bandits or the radar choosing another target, that's a different situation.

I have this issue all the time as well flying with my son. We are on the same network using 1gbps between us there is 0 lag and during ACM the lock will happen and it will lag behind the locked target. Because of this uncaging the seeker of a 9X will make it look at the lagged box target. After multiple lock attempts it will eventually get it right. Creates hell when trying to get those high off bore sight shot's. Never really seen this issue in the 18 or 14. All of these attempts i've seen have been from a hot start start about 6 miles away it locks fine when going head on. Once you merge that is when the problem happens.

• ED Team
On 4/10/2022 at 3:24 AM, Comrade Doge said:

Hello everyone,
Following more intensive flying of the F-16 in dogfights, all thanks to the amazing flight model changes, I am here to talk about a behaviour that I've managed to replicate and capture on tape recently. Namely, when an aircraft is locked up in ACM mode with the HMCS using the BORE setting (the oval on the HMCS), there is a chance that the "lock" itself will be a ghost lock behind the bandit, the box trailing behind it, until the lock is dropped after a while.

I have attached an image and a trackfile replicating the behaviour, and I hope this will aid in taking a look at the situation. All the best!

Screen_220410_130618.png

HMCSdesync.trk 95.43 kB · 3 downloads

I can see it in the track, when I take control and relock the aircraft it is fine. I will have a MP guys check it out as well. Was this single player or MP?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

5 hours ago, NineLine said:

I can see it in the track, when I take control and relock the aircraft it is fine. I will have a MP guys check it out as well. Was this single player or MP?

My track is single player. There are certain situations where the lock would work. In my case, that position of the bandit relative to me gave the failure a very high occurrence rate.

Edited by Comrade Doge

8 hours ago, NineLine said:

This issue takes place both in SP and MP. 

15 hours ago, hawk4me said:

I have this issue all the time as well flying with my son. We are on the same network using 1gbps between us there is 0 lag and during ACM the lock will happen and it will lag behind the locked target. Because of this uncaging the seeker of a 9X will make it look at the lagged box target. After multiple lock attempts it will eventually get it right. Creates hell when trying to get those high off bore sight shot's. Never really seen this issue in the 18 or 14. All of these attempts i've seen have been from a hot start start about 6 miles away it locks fine when going head on. Once you merge that is when the problem happens.

If you are trying to a quick HOB shot with 9x, one quick workaround is pressing and holding cursor enable button to allow sidewinder seeker follow your JHMCS, turn your head and put the seeker diamond symbol on the target, when you hear the tone, uncage and fox 2. It's faster than a radar lock once you are familar with it. Keep in mind you have to keep holding the cursor enable switch until the 9x leaves the rail. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

I have made a report for the team to check this 

Thank you for all of the comments and DM's 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Network HUD/HMCS Symbol lag Issue
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic