TM Warthog Throttle Dead?

JackPinMV

Yesterday, I started my PC everything was normal, opened DCS, and as I was waiting for DCS to load up I noticed that my warthog throttle had no lights on. I looked in the DCS controls menu and my warthog stick was present but my warthog throttle was nowhere to be found. I tried re-installing drivers but no luck, showed up as unrecognized in windows USB menu. I read up on some common issues with the PCB so I opened it up just to look around and blew some air on it and put it back together. As soon as I plugged it back in, IT WORKED! I flew around and it was completely fine. This morning I powered on my PC and it flashed the 5 dotted lights, which it has been doing since, and every once in a while the backlit LEDs will flash upon PC startup. I'm pretty sure I'm SOL and need a new PCB but just wanted some insight/tips.

Thanks

Have you tried different (direct to mobo) USB outlets?

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Exactly what I was gonna ask.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 5:44 AM, JackPinMV said:

Yesterday, I started my PC everything was normal, opened DCS, and as I was waiting for DCS to load up I noticed that my warthog throttle had no lights on. I looked in the DCS controls menu and my warthog stick was present but my warthog throttle was nowhere to be found. I tried re-installing drivers but no luck, showed up as unrecognized in windows USB menu. I read up on some common issues with the PCB so I opened it up just to look around and blew some air on it and put it back together. As soon as I plugged it back in, IT WORKED! I flew around and it was completely fine. This morning I powered on my PC and it flashed the 5 dotted lights, which it has been doing since, and every once in a while the backlit LEDs will flash upon PC startup. I'm pretty sure I'm SOL and need a new PCB but just wanted some insight/tips.

Thanks

Hi JackPinMV, I had EXACTLY your same problem.
The "motherboard" of the throttle is gone. You should contact TM customer service and buy a new one...they are going to send the new motherboard and you just put the new one into the older one position. You just open the throttle (it is very easy, I did it by myself and believe I am denied for these things) and switch the new motherboard with the old one.
As cost I remember around 80euros with shipment.

Edited by _NightWolf_

• 3 months later...

I want to share my experience.😉

Recently my Warthog Throttle failed as well.
Here are the features:

windows 11
1. Joystick was shown as a USB device but not recognized as a throttle.
2. LED lights were off.
3. Driver installation and troubleshooting PDF from Thrustmaster did not help.

Linux:
For reference whether the joystick is recognized at all, I tried it in
Query Linux.
It showed the Thrustmaster name and Port had no LED lights either.

The length of time solving the problem:
Sun 19.6. / 9 a.m. - Thrustmaster Support contacted. (The support is very nice.)
Th 30.6 / 1 p.m.   - HOTAS WARTHOG THROTTLE MAIN PCB arrived very well packaged in a bubble envelope.

Costs:
Payment is via Paypal only
Board €36.74
Standard shipping to germany: 8.63€
Express shipping to germany: 16.81€
Shipping from France via „La Poste“

Thrustmaster requires:
>Telephone number/email address/first name+last name/street+street number/if applicable company name/zip code+city/country

>Photo of the cable Label with product name + serial number (both sides of the label)
>Confirmation of payment via Paypal. They send a PDF explaining the payment.

Changing the circuit board is very easy:
>5 screws on the bottom.
>2 panels are loosened.
>Loosen the circuit board with 4 screws and carefully lift it off.
>Is connected to a circuit board underneath with a plug contact.
>I unplugged each cable individually and plugged it into the new board.
>Press the new circuit board back onto the plug contact and screw it in.
>Pay attention to the grounding when screwing on the base plate.
>I guided it in the hole with the screwdriver and pressed the bottom plate so that it didn’t slip away.

>screw up.

..........Connect. Throttle is recognized again. Problem solved.✌️

Edited by Bex