F-15C Correct Full Mil throttle setting

Vekkinho

OK, I noticed that patching to latest 2.7 version changed my in game throttle response with F-15C. I did not edit my throttle range and curves in DCS options but what was once pic A now became a pic B. Please advise what's the correct / realistic Full Mil throttle setting, here's what it used to be:

Screen_220220_214751.png

Please observe new Full Mil nozzle position:

Screen_220223_082056.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I always went with 95% of RPM gauge just before the AB thump.

Edit: it's rather 96% rpm but the nozzle and fuel flow are better gauges to notice AB start.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

12 hours ago, draconus said:

I always went with 95% of RPM gauge just before the AB thump.

I noticed that 95% isn't a constant (anymore). It has a lot to do with pressure (inHg), ambient temperature and ASL altitude.

BTW I dunno if change in the atmosphere with altitude works properly with DCS World, the starting temperature we can adjust in ME relates to what? Our ramp start altitude or sea level 0? With new clouds these are dispersed all over the map in same manner and visuals. I hope that dynamic weather WIP update shall bring different and changing conditions across larger maps such as PG or Marianas. Interchanging of areas of high and low pressure with different cloud visuals, accordingly.  

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Vekkinho said:

I noticed that 95% isn't a constant (anymore). It has a lot to do with pressure (inHg), ambient temperature and ASL altitude.

Cool, I rarely fly the Eagle these days. I remember only idle rpm was different depending on temperature.

Edit: just tested and max rpm is still the same (96%) at different temperatures. Only idle rpm changes.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria