Bad Mouse Problem in BS

tusler

Hi,

I got the English version, Yea!.

I setup a 80 gig drive with a new install of XP SP3 with all updates and the latest drivers on Drive C, Then I installed BS on Drive D, I was using a USB mouse, same as with the Russian version and it works fine there but when I start the English version and get into the cockpit -the mouse completely disappears- not to be seen again until I reboot the machine. So I reached into my bag o tricks and hooked up a PS2 optical mouse, when in windows the mouse pointer is white [i am using the default setup for mousepointer] but when I start BS the mouse turns black, then when I get into the cockpit it goes back to being white and a yellow cross. What is causing my mouse to go nuts only with BS?

I have only the new install of windows xp and BS on this drive, I have the russian version on a different physical hard drive. :huh:

Asus P5n E6600, 4gig ram, Nividia 8800gt video

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• ED Team

Have you some specific drivers for USB-mouse? Did you try to reinstall it?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Have you some specific drivers for USB-mouse? Did you try to reinstall it?

Sir,

This is just a generic mouse that plugs into USB, I have never had any drivers for it and it works in everything except the BS english version. I have no Saitek drivers installed at all so they are not conflicting, I also removed all joysticks and the mouse problem persisted.

The PS2 mouse I have installed is working but even it is weird turning to a black pointer and then back to a white one after the sim starts. However I will try moving the mouse to a different USB port, that should be the equivalent of reinstalling it, and let you know how it's working.

Thanks for the quick reply.:thumbup:

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Hi,

So I reached into my bag o tricks and hooked up a PS2 optical mouse, when in windows the mouse pointer is white [i am using the default setup for mousepointer] but when I start BS the mouse turns black, then when I get into the cockpit it goes back to being white and a yellow cross.

Seems like problem with hardware acceleration of pointer. Please do:

1. Right-click on your desktop and click Properties.
  2. Select the Settings tab.
  3. Click the Advanced button.
  4. Select the Troubleshoot tab.
  5. Make sure Hardware Acceleration Slider is at rightmost position (Full).

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

I found a work around

I checked all the accelerations settings and DirectX and they are all good.

I have found that the PS2 mouse disappears also after playing just a short while in Single player and Multiplayer.

What I have to do is Alt+C, two times when I can not see the mouse or the yellow cross in the cockpit. I turn the click-able cockpit off and then turn it back on again and the mouse shows back up immediately every time. Other than that it is working fine so, I will just map ALT+C to a button and be good.