Firmwares for single HID device

Supmua

Now it’s possible to have each of your RS devices as single HID, which I consider a big QOL improvement. This is in the latest beta firmwares for the FSSB R3L base, and the F16 and 18 grips.  In this mode not all switches will appears in windows controller since there’re too many, but it will work as intended in games and in RS app. 

You can probably request these from tech support, remember though that these are beta releases and there’ll be things that may need rebind in DCS settings especially switches that were used by the 2nd HID previously. 

• Thanks 2

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

3 hours ago, Sky Hawk said:

Hello Supma,

I have the FSSB R3 Base do you know how to change from Slot1,slo2,slot3,slot4 in tool v1.12 program? I know this has nothing to do with you post🙂

I’ve been using the test version so hopefully it’s still the same.  You typically switch slots from the dial below the trim hat on your RS grip.  I’m not sure that the memory slot function is still supported with non-RS grips.

• Like 1

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 2 months later...

Hi, I tried this firmware but I have the t-50cm2 grip, and it is not working. I have many dx buttons pressed automatically > then dx32 

Also I don't seem able to access the SSM menu with that grip at all (this is with any firmware)

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Okay I didn’t know this was a beta update. Heading there now to do some reading. I heard we will be able to hear the beep warnings through our vr/ G1 headset which is what I’m interested in. 

Thanks !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 5/10/2022 at 10:47 AM, VirusAM said:

Hi, I tried this firmware but I have the t-50cm2 grip, and it is not working. I have many dx buttons pressed automatically > then dx32 

Also I don't seem able to access the SSM menu with that grip at all (this is with any firmware)

The only supported non-Realsimulator grips, I believe, are the Thrustmaster ones.  Virpil grips DX buttons are assigned differently and will likely need special firmware for compatibility, which is not likely to happen.

1 hour ago, Burt said:

Okay I didn’t know this was a beta update. Heading there now to do some reading. I heard we will be able to hear the beep warnings through our vr/ G1 headset which is what I’m interested in. 

Thanks !

There’s also some new features related to the upcoming hardware that will set it further apart from conventional joysticks 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Supmua said:

The only supported non-Realsimulator grips, I believe, are the Thrustmaster ones.  Virpil grips DX buttons are assigned differently and will likely need special firmware for compatibility, which is not likely to happen.

There’s also some new features related to the upcoming hardware that will set it further apart from conventional joysticks 🙂

mmm...but apparently they added virpil grip support in 2018

Compatibility with Virpil and VKB grips - Real Simulator FSSB Forum

I also have another issue, in the HID tool I cannot use the overlay or the game mode (I would like to use the overlay to enable the warning sound from the headset).

I also opened a thread there...but no-ones reply

Hid Tool - buttons greyed out - Real Simulator FSSB Forum

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

I’ll check with my CM2 grip later today, if I can find it (haven’t touched it in the past few years).

I thought the Virpil CM2 was a base and not a stick. I have the CM2 base with TM Warthog A10 stick center… love it !

dsregard I just looked it up I gues cm2 is a version of both.

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

59 minutes ago, Burt said:

I thought the Virpil CM2 was a base and not a stick. I have the CM2 base with TM Warthog A10 stick center… love it !

dsregard I just looked it up I gues cm2 is a version of both.

The CM2 base is also my go to for center mounted setup.  It is very hard for me to use other joystick grips after owning the Realsim ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Supmua said:

The CM2 base is also my go to for center mounted setup.  It is very hard for me to use other joystick grips after owning the Realsim ones.

I plan to take the RS Hornet or F16 v2 grip...but not today...need to save some money first 🙂

Did you try your cm2 grip then?

6 minutes ago, VirusAM said:

I plan to take the RS Hornet or F16 v2 grip...but not today...need to save some money first 🙂

Did you try your cm2 grip then?

Do not buy any RS grip yet *hint*.

I still haven't found the CM2 (hidden somewhere in my basement), only found my VKB stuff.

Ok found the CM2 and just tested it.  Note that I'm using experimental firmware which is a little further ahead than the single HID device firmware but mostly similar.

So, basically there are switches that are continuously on or depressed with that grip (#31, 35, 39-46, 48-60).  But all the buttons on the grip works normally (those excess buttons in ON state are not attached to any button the CM2 grip).  And interestingly, if you press the paddle button 3 is activated but all those ON switches become deactivated.  Since all the buttons on the grip works for me it should work fine in DCS, but you'll have to do manual bindings (select the button number directly) in DCS instead of pressing a button to assign--as numerous buttons are already ON by default and will be registered instead.  Also make sure that those ON switches are not already assigned to any function in DCS, so a clean binding is recommended.  This is likely fixable via firmware, but check with Realsim tech support for this.  I'll also let Dragon know about this issue.

Edited by Supmua

17 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Ok found the CM2 and just tested it.  Note that I'm using experimental firmware which is a little further ahead than the single HID device firmware but mostly similar.

So, basically there are switches that are continuously on or depressed with that grip (#31, 35, 39-46, 48-60).  But all the buttons on the grip works normally (those excess buttons in ON state are not attached to any button the CM2 grip).  And interestingly, if you press the paddle button 3 is activated but all those ON switches become deactivated.  Since all the buttons on the grip works for me it should work fine in DCS, but you'll have to do manual bindings (select the button number directly) in DCS instead of pressing a button to assign--as numerous buttons are already ON by default and will be registered instead.  Also make sure that those ON switches are not already assigned to any function in DCS, so a clean binding is recommended.  This is likely fixable via firmware, but check with Realsim tech support for this.

Yeah...it is the same it happens to me...I opened a post on the forum also for this (Virpil t-50cm2 grip issues - Real Simulator FSSB Forum). But no reply yet.

Anyway I am using the previous firmware and it works correctly without those issues (but i have two devices)

Any thought of my other issue? - greyed out buttons for overlay and other settings in the hid software.
I recall that in previous days I managed to press game mode and overlay buttons but now those are greyed out and not accessible.

I would like to at least activate the warning sound through the headset.

Thanks again

About new RS grips....the F16 one is just out....Are we waiting for more surprises?

6 minutes ago, VirusAM said:

Yeah...it is the same it happens to me...I opened a post on the forum also for this (Virpil t-50cm2 grip issues - Real Simulator FSSB Forum). But no reply yet.

Anyway I am using the previous firmware and it works correctly without those issues (but i have two devices)

Any thought of my other issue? - greyed out buttons for overlay and other settings in the hid software.
I recall that in previous days I managed to press game mode and overlay buttons but now those are greyed out and not accessible.

I would like to at least activate the warning sound through the headset.

Thanks again

No idea for the quick fix on other issues, seems like it is going to need a firmware update for this.  I already emailed Dragon about it.  You might have to use the older firmware for now.

Didn't realize they already annouced the Haptics, lol.  Yep that's to one to get.  Haptics feedback, how cool is that.

Edited by Supmua

Great...let me know if more informations are needed

Does the v2 F-16 grip have a BLE module, or is that still only on the CE?

I already have the CE... if the haptic feedback is the only change I won't upgrade, because BLE is a requirement for me, as I will use the F-16 grip on a center stick when flying the A-10.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

On 5/16/2022 at 5:48 AM, RogueSqdn said:

Does the v2 F-16 grip have a BLE module, or is that still only on the CE?

I already have the CE... if the haptic feedback is the only change I won't upgrade, because BLE is a requirement for me, as I will use the F-16 grip on a center stick when flying the A-10.

No, can confirm that my v2 grip doesn't have the BLE module.

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

Thanks for the info. My wallet’s hurting enough lately… new MTS cockpit and MPS chair from Monstertech finally arrived. 👍

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)