[NO BUG] VTB Viewport not transparent.

Razor68

5 hours ago, Razor68 said:

Where do you got that info? This is something new and the whole purpose of it's use is gone as it now blocks the view.

My understanding of its use is to port the VTB to an external display (like a separate screen). It’s on a black background so one can’t use it to “cheat” (I don’t like that word in context but I can’t think of a better one) and use it as some sort of fake HMD (which doesn’t exist IRL). It’s been like that for a while.

Hi,

The feature was seen by part of the users, and used as, a head mounted display for showing the radar picture, allowing to keep the tally on another aircraft while having the picture, without looking down. This idea was spread a lot by mis-informed youtube videos about the "feature", calling it an HMD.

On the other hand, it was added for non-VR and non head-tracked users, for which looking at the radar picture is difficult and painful. They can add a bind on their hotas or keyboard, to quickly look at the image by toggling it. While doing so, they are not supposed to look what's behind in transparency, just as a real life pilot looking down on his VTB doesn't see outside.

So in order to prevent people using it as a HMD, which it is not, and by request of many, seeing it as a cheat, but for keeping this as an "accessibility" feature for people without an head tracking device, we decided to add a dark background, exactly as the device it's supposed to reproduce (the VTB display)

In VR you can look down to see your radar, and yes the feature is then useless. It's intended.

• Like 2

• myHelljumper changed the title to [NO BUG] VTB Viewport not transparent.
7 hours ago, Razor68 said:

Well hmd follows the head movement this did not. Track ir is cheating as you can see 360 degree by just move your head a few degree.

lol

VTB export background is intended, this will not change.

Moving to resolved.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA