No experience w/ dedicated server, trying to set one up for Liberation

Not sure what the right place to post is, as this isn't really a multiplayer request, and not really a VR request, and not really a Liberation request, but anyway...

I have no experience setting up a dedicated server and have no idea where to start. There doesn't really seem to be a step-by-step guide anywhere. I'd like to try to run Liberation on a dedicated server locally on my computer for single player use, just to see if it helps with framerates (there seems to be anecdotal evidence that it does). 

Is anyone willing to explain a simple step-by-step procedure on how to get liberation going on a local dedicated server? The help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Thank you for the help. It was easier than expected once I started going through the motions... nothing to it, really. There does seem to be quite a performance benefit. Makes you wonder... if a workaround for better performance is this easy, why haven't the developers worked it somehow into the stock game?

14 minutes ago, davidrbarnette said:

Thank you for the help. It was easier than expected once I started going through the motions... nothing to it, really. There does seem to be quite a performance benefit. Makes you wonder... if a workaround for better performance is this easy, why haven't the developers worked it somehow into the stock game?

I think the performance benefit comes from running the mission/server on separate cores from the game. 

• 1 year later...

I totally understand the struggle of finding a comprehensive guide. However, I recently stumbled upon this game called 7 Days To Die, and I discovered that they offer server hosting services that are beginner-friendly and easy to set up."I totally understand the struggle of finding a comprehensive guide. However, I recently stumbled upon this game called 7 Days To Die, and I discovered server hosting for 7 Days To Die, and you can play this game with friends. Although it might not directly relate to your specific request, exploring their hosting options could be beneficial for your future multiplayer endeavors. Unfortunately, I don't have direct experience with setting up a dedicated server for Liberation, but I'm sure someone in the community will be able to provide you with a step-by-step procedure.

Edited by IrenMilik

To be honest if everything has to run on the same machine, I don't see a real benefits to have two separate installation, the full DCS game client, and the Dedicated server installation.

To me it's more reasonable using the same installation of the full client, and run one instance as server ( no-render etc. ), and the other instance running as client.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!