Slow Rudder Joystick Twist

dresoccer4
Go to solution Solved by AeriaGloria,

Anyone else think that it feels slow when you twist your joystick grip to press the rudder petals? I just came from flying the Ka-50 and when I twist the joystick the ridder moves close to real-time as my twist motion. However in the Mi-24, there is a long delay of the pedals being slowly pressed over to the spot I've twisted my joystick. 

For example, when rudder is neutral, twisting my joystick 100% to the left, the rudder takes almost 3 seconds to travel all the distance to the left. 

Doing this in the Ka-50 the rudder will travel the distance in about 1 second.

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• Solution

This is correct, there is a rudder dampener becuase moving the pedals too fast can cause issues, such as severe Dutch roll. A pilot can push through the dampener, but even then manual says that at high speed to never push pedals from side to side in less then 3 seconds

When the speed of the pedal movement is limited by the dampener, you will see a yellow caution light saying “high pedal rate” near the gyro buttons/switch/lights. 

you can turn off rudder dampener though, it is a switch with a red guard on left side of instrument panel. However be aware that turning off the rudder dampener will also disable any yaw autopilot functions 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

the hind doesnt have much tail rotor authority...not as much as the Hip anyways. She a big bich.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins