AI enemy awareness and suppression logic

CallsignPunch

With the Apache coming, I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be or plans for some sort of awareness logic.  I have done flights in the gazelle before where I’ve used terrain masking, and vegetation concealment several clicks away from enemy armor yet somehow they always magically know I’m there.  Realistically if you are operating correctly in the Apache or Kiowa they shouldn’t know you are there, giving opportunities for observation.

On the same token, I was wondering if there is already or plans for a suppression logic.  If use Combined Arms to do an artillery suppression mission, will it keep enemy AI (say armor or AAA) suppressed to allow friendly helicopter movement?

• Like 1

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

I don't think armor suppression is a thing. But it would he nice to have it for the infantry. We are going to need better infantry if the Apache is going to shine. But temper your expectations. DCS started as an attack helicopter sim. They've had 12+ years to add things  like suppression, or any real ground AI at all to the sim..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

I don't think armor suppression is a thing. But it would he nice to have it for the infantry. We are going to need better infantry if the Apache is going to shine. But temper your expectations. DCS started as an attack helicopter sim. They've had 12+ years to add things  like suppression, or any real ground AI at all to the sim..

It would definitely be useful to see them add more to this element of the SIM.

• Like 2