Can I get my head a little further forward?

Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Sorry, the title might be a little confusing. What I'm trying to say is that I'm using Opentrack for head tracking, but the game seems to have a lot of restrictions on head movement, I'd love to get my face close to watch the DDI, but at this point I'll notice It felt like I was hitting a wall of air. This makes me have to use the zoom function, which is very troublesome.

I've heard that VR doesn't have this kind of restriction and you can even stick your head out of the cockpit, but I don't have a VR device.

So is there any way for me to break this limit in my current situation?

7分钟前,zmz125000说:

Bind zoom in slow or zoom axis to a joystick button/axis

I know, that's what I'm doing now.
I'm using Winwing's Orion F18 Hotas, but it's inconvenient to touch that axis, so I'm wondering how to break the head-tracking movement constraints, rather than finding an alternative.

Still thanks

with head tracking, and sorry if you already know this, there are 6 linear movements (at least with TrackIR). i had to do a lot of adjustments to get things right for me. one of the axes is moving in and out. it has to be exaggerated. what i mean is i move towards the sensor and the virtual head moves more than the real head. and yeah good analogy. wall of air.

image.png

with the case of TrackIR it is best to lock all but one axis to get them all coordinated and to your liking. 

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• Solution
10 hours ago, FrostLaufeyson said:

but the game seems to have a lot of restrictions on head movement, I'd love to get my face close to watch the DDI, but at this point I'll notice It felt like I was hitting a wall of air.

try to edit the 6DOF limits, as suggested on this guide of mine:

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

13分钟前,Rudel_chw说:

try to edit the 6DOF limits, as suggested on this guide of mine:

I found your post just before you replied to me and I've succeed. Thank you very much~
The only problem that needs to be pointed out is that when changing the name of the aircraft, it needs to follow the content of the entry.lua file in the corresponding aircraft folder, not the name in the Mission Editor. This cost me over an hour testing this problem.

• Like 1