artillery improvements

upyr1

Some ideas I hope to see with artillery

first mortars and towed artillery I'd like a crew when there isn't one.

A way point to tow connect artillery and tow it or disconnect

different shell types- smoke, armor piercing, guided, and possibly even chemical

Also when acting as a JTAC in combined arms get the ability to call in artillery

Enable AI units to act as a forward observer 

• Like 3

+1

With DCS increasingly being a CAS centric simulator (Blackshark, A-10, Hind, Apache, not to mention the other CAS capable other modules) Things like different artillery round types more smoke/illum/HE Point detonate or airburst for me, would make for much more engaging scenario building. 

• Like 1

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

5 hours ago, Grievo said:

+1

With DCS increasingly being a CAS centric simulator (Blackshark, A-10, Hind, Apache, not to mention the other CAS capable other modules) Things like different artillery round types more smoke/illum/HE Point detonate or airburst for me, would make for much more engaging scenario building. 

DCS started as a CAS centric sim. Differents now is its big. And thay are about to drop a bigole module that almost everyone wants. We are all buying in hoping that all, littaraly all of these elements get ether added or improved. And we need to keep on the pressure. Because it worked. Yes new toys are great but the core game itself needs to give those toys an environment to work be enjoyed in. ED has made a good bit of improvements. But they have to keep on it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

DCS started as a CAS centric sim.

It certainly did. But I still think of DCS in the old LOMAC days where it was more of an air to air sim.

As a rotorhead and old artilleryman myself, there's nothing I'd like to see more than improvements to artillery functionlity in the game, and things like the ability to call for and adjust fire would really make the game for me.

• Like 2

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

7 minutes ago, Grievo said:

It certainly did. But I still think of DCS in the old LOMAC days where it was more of an air to air sim.

As a rotorhead and old artilleryman myself, there's nothing I'd like to see more than improvements to artillery functionlity in the game, and things like the ability to call for and adjust fire would really make the game for me.

+1. They keep suggesting/stating that improvements to the ground war are coming. Hopefully with the growing interesting in helicopters they have a serious reason to do it.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 6:45 PM, Callsign112 said:

+1. They keep suggesting/stating that improvements to the ground war are coming. Hopefully with the growing interesting in helicopters they have a serious reason to do it.

I hope they start by adding AI forward observers 

• Like 2