New Wolf Pack US Base Capture Mission going up

GR00VYJERRY

Hi everyone. As some of you know the Wolf Pack runs three warbird servers (Normandy, Channel, and Marianas). I run and create the content for the Normandy server. I have had a few maps on rotation that usually have the Allies holding the beach heads or maybe a bit more and the Axis holding inland more. I just got done creating a new map that is more of a contested airbase/base capture style mission. The airfields in the Normandy map don't allow for a historical land holding without giving the Allies the advantage of being closer to the majority of the airfields so this may not be a historically accurate map but I am hoping it is fun for everyone. 

Server can be found by typing in "Wolf Pack US....." in server search and you should see all our servers pop up. Just look for the base capture on Normandy.

Here is the briefing:

Situation: Allies hold Maupertus and Azeville while the Germans hold Goulet and Carpiquet. A fight has ensued over four airfields in between the opposing forces, Lessay, St Pierre du Mont, St Croix sur Mer, and Lignorrelles. Who ever controls these airfields has forward control points their team can land at to rearm, refuel, and relaunch to press the attack further into enemy airspace. Captured airfields will spawn air defenses to help push back enemy forces. It is the job of the attacking forces to destroy the ground untis at enemy held airfields to capture the base, then try and prevent opposing forces from taking the airfields back. 

IMPORTATNT - The comms menu, under "Other," will show which team has which airfield so you know where to attack.

Watch for Enemy Cap patrtolling along the borders and around airfeilds. 

Each side has 3 ground targets that can be attacked besides the airfields. These targets can be seen by looking at the F10 map. They will be marked automatically at the start of the mission.

Mission is defaulted to showing NEUTRAL dots on enemy and friendly units. You can toggle from dot to no dot by pressing the shift key + F10.

Half of the  bf109s have MW50 and half don't. Look at the aircraft name in the role selection to determine which planes have MW50 and which planes do not have MW50. There are a few cold start aircraft as well.

Rearming and repairing must done at blue or red airfields.

Blue airfields: Maupertus and Azeville

Red airfields: Goulet and Carpiquet

Airfields that can be captured back and forth: Lessay, St Pierre du Mont, Lignerolles, and St Croix sur Mer.

This map utilizes EWRS. You can go into your F10 radio command and request the position of the nearest friendly and enemy unites to help find targets. Please note the radar detects the two nearest enemy groups and several of the nearest friendly groups. The radar only works inside a certain radius. The further a target gets to the edge of the radius the less reliable it is. If the target is beyond the range of the radar you will not recieve any infomration on target positions so be careful when flying outside the radar's radius. 

Allies have B-17 bombers that will come in and attack certain ground targets. Germans have Ju88s that will also fly in to attack certain targets. Keep an eye out for messages letting you know when bomber units are inbound.

Base Capture Map.jpg

More options such as calling in friendly AI units to help support striking airfields will be added later but these will be a one time thing. You will only be able to call in one strike per airfield during the 7 hour mission. You can join them or provide CAP so they don't get shot down by enemy players.

I welcome any feedback. Feedback can be provided here or in our discord. just tag me in it so I see it. 

For those of you who fly our other missions I had running. Those are taken down for now so I can get feedback on this. They will be added back into the rotation down the road.

• Thanks 1