Freetrack in English version?

the_soupdragon

Freetrack still works in this version?

Just wanted to know that.

Something has been said some time ago about BS no longer supporting (or not being capable of) Freetrack in the western versions of the game.

I would like to know if the new English version still works with Freetrack.

Thank you

I for my part can't get it to work. The game recognises some sort of TrackIR device but there seems to be no input from the device, meaning i can't control the view with it. Whether this is my due to my incompetence or FreeTrack simply not being supported i can not say. :( Hopefully there will be a way of getting it to work without having to fiddle with StarForce protected files.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Keeping the russian version until it is supported... there's no other way.

And those Naturalpoint people should start thinking less about wiping the competence. If it was not for Freetrack, I would have NEVER ever bought anything from them. Buying the whole 180€ thing was completely out of my mind. With Freetrack, I bought them the 3 point led system. 40 > 0, you know?

Regards,

Ppjoy works for 2d movement. But I can only get the whole 6d to work under the Russian version:mad:

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

dido

K10N780SLIX3-WiFi Motherboard,

Phenom II 940 Black Edition, @ 3.0-3.4 Ghz.

G.SKILL 4GB SDRAM DDR2 1066,

OCZ Vertex 2 3.5" 90GB SATA II (SSD),

2 X MSI N450GTS CYCLONE 1GD5/OC450 SLI'd

TrackIR 5, ver 5.1 final drivers | Saitek X52 Pro

240 Gig HD | Claro Plus++ sound card | Win7_64

NaturalPoint's monopolization and anti-competition is a violation of your consumer rights. You can take action by making a complaint about them to the following organizations:

Department of Justice, State of Oregon, Antitrust Division

http://www.doj.state.or.us/contact.shtml

consumer.hotline@doj.state.or.us

Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Competition

http://www.ftc.gov/bc/bccontact.shtm

antitrust@ftc.gov

United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/contact/newcase.htm

antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov

And you can also inform these folks about it:

Electronic Frountier Foundation

http://www.eff.org/about/contact

information@eff.org

Free Software Foundation

http://www.fsf.org/about/contact.html

info@fsf.org

I don't want to take place for any of this two sides - but one thing I would like to say/ask...

@Quarrion do you think it's really necessary/productive to blame/sue someone even before you know all facts.... Just wondering.

Edit:And I don't expect a answer. To be honest: I even can't answer it for myself clearly.

But this is something we/you should think about.

Edited by urze

You lot are hysterical... if a company develops a new technology/product and successfully gets a patent on it... they are within their rights to protect their work. Not everything in life is free. If you don't want to or cant afford a product don't buy it...bitching wont help.

Quarrion you crack me up with your list :megalol:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I thaught there was going to be a patch for the english version so that freetrack could work? Maybe i remember that one completelly wrong.

I will get TrackIR so no biggie for me, but i thaught i read it here on these boards. Maybe it was for the RUS version then.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

question to think about....

Does Microsoft lock your PC to run/install win only????! or MS Office only???

Simply said NP doesn't have balls to stay any competition.

Personaly I have RU version. I'd like to buy Western DVD version once it comes out. However as long as it will not support other tracking device but TIR, definitely I'll not buy it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

Why don't you pursue developers for native support of Freetrack, instead of damning Natural Point for protecting their own interface? They aren't protecting the idea, they are protecting their own code from illegal usage, which hurts their business.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

In response to above:

1. TrackIR is not patented.

2. Compatibility with a proprietary interface is completely legal, moreso for monopolies.

3. NaturalPoint won't allow DCS to support any head tracking interface besides TrackIR.

4. Competition is an essential part of the free market.

Hence the anti-competition complaint contacts above.

Edited by Quarrion

Not everything in life is free. If you don't want to or cant afford a product don't buy it...bitching wont help

Rigth. And not everything more expensive is worth its price ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

Well, I guess if you use the NaturalPoint interface, it might be some kind of IP breach, but Freetrack supports more protocols then NP's.

If ED wants to, they could have made FreeTrack work in the english version as well, even without using NP's protocol.

However, no FreeTrack support would not be a reason for me not to buy the western version....

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

In response to above:

1. TrackIR is not patented.

2. Compatibility with a proprietary interface is completely legal, moreso for monopolies.

3. NaturalPoint won't allow DCS to support any head tracking interface besides TrackIR.

4. Competition is an essential part of the free market.

Hence the anti-competition complaint contacts above.

2. Then why didn't anybody besides 3dFX use Glide, and why does AMD have agreements with Intel to use the x86 instructionset?

3. Where did you read this? Could you give a reference to this information?

4. Agreed, and besides NaturalPoint and FreeTrack, there are other companies with head tracking solutions on the market.

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

2. Then why didn't anybody besides 3dFX use Glide, and why does AMD have agreements with Intel to use the x86 instructionset?

3. Where did you read this? Could you give a reference to this information?

4. Agreed, and besides NaturalPoint and FreeTrack, there are other companies with head tracking solutions on the market.

2. Have you seen Glide? It's huge, nobody dared to reverse engineer it, and x86 is patented. The only protection the TrackIR interface has is an NDA.

3. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33510

4. All head tracking solutions have the right to compete at a game interface level if they so choose.

Edited by Quarrion
  • Like 1