Recovery tanker when player checks in with mother.

Gierasimov

For the Supercarrier and the upcoming S-3B AI asset, are there any plans to include AI-driven recovery fuel flights? Such as, when I contact Mother for recovery, the AI tanker gets in the air and assumes pre-defined carrier orbit so that if I get low on gas I can be sure the tanker is always keeping a pre-defined racetrack orbit relative to moving carrier position.

Similar to maybe this scripting 

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.RecoveryTanker.html

but preferably part of the module itself, so compatible with ANY mission and with ANY user. 

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 5

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

+1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Would be great if there is also a "tank on the ball" or "trick or treat" radio menu option where if you bolter it will swoop down and meet you

• Like 2

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

1 hour ago, MARLAN_ said:

Would be great if there is also a "tank on the ball" or "trick or treat" radio menu option where if you bolter it will swoop down and meet you

"Trick or treat on the wires".

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 2/25/2022 at 9:44 AM, Gierasimov said:

For the Supercarrier and the upcoming S-3B AI asset, are there any plans to include AI-driven recovery fuel flights? Such as, when I contact Mother for recovery, the AI tanker gets in the air and assumes pre-defined carrier orbit so that if I get low on gas I can be sure the tanker is always keeping a pre-defined racetrack orbit relative to moving carrier position.

Similar to maybe this scripting 

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.RecoveryTanker.html

but preferably part of the module itself, so compatible with ANY mission and with ANY user. 

I sincerely thank you ED for implementing RECOVERY TANKER task feature! Well done!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta