M2000 Special options

McVittees

Hi All

I was looking for a post that explained what all the features on the DSC > Settings > M2000C Special Options did. I've had search and not found anything and its not mentioned in the manual. Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Thanks in advance!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

• Customized Cockpit

Selects the set of cockpit artwork which is in various languages. Default resembles the actual airplane in French. English adjusts text labels as they might appear for an English-speaking air force.

• Disable Gyro Drift

The rel INS due to its nature will not perfectly track the position of the airplane over time. This option causes the INS ownship assumed position to always be equal to actual position.

• Automatic fuel detot

The fuel gauge (right side) operates by being manually set by the pilot and only automatically reducing fuel burned. Thus realistically the pilot must adjust this value as needed to ensure it reads accurately such as when jettisoning full fuel tanks, refueling midair or on the ground, or similar. With the option set the pilot has no control over the manual fuel gauge and it will always read the actual total amount.

• External tank refuel fix

Normally refueling does not change the fuel quantity in external tanks. With this option enabled fuel in external tanks is adjusted when internal fueling is requested. For example when 100% is selected on the slider and an external tank is present (not the 'empty' kind) that tank will normally be filled as well.

• Radar senses map objects

Presumably determines if the radar sees static type objects placed in the mission editor. But with testing I count not find a situation where an object was not shown with the option off. Probably this is added for performance reasons.

• Radar full asynchronous update (beta)

New radar modeling where radar simulation is run asynchronous to other systems?

• Radios PTT toggles menu

New controls were added which cause the airplane to react as if the push-to-talk buttons on the throttle were pressed with the white text menu only appearing if this option is enabled. This was likely done for compatibility with the SRS multiplayer voice communication software.

• Realistic frequency repeater

When enabled the frequency repeater (green LCD above ADI) behaves realistically showing only the green radio. When disabled the repeater works as previously showing both radio frequencies.

• Enlarge small VTB items (%)

The radar scope symbols can be increased up to 125% of their normal size.

• Realistic VTB cone of vision

Due to the construction the radar scope it is not readable when looked at from off-axis position. Disabling the option removes the effect allowing view from all angles.

• VTB cone of vision size
  • VTB cone of vision height

The limited view cone is modeled as a circular mask. The size is the diameter of the circle. Height is (possibly) the angle of the axis of the display.

• Show PCN hidden digit entry message

When enabled and entering latitude/longitude figures a hint will display on screen showing the full figure entered. Otherwise the pilot will have to use the cockpit display in which the last two digits of precision are invisible.

• Throttle cutoff detent

Used for assigning axis input to throttle handle motion between off and idle position. This is useful for controllers which have a distinct off position and axis reporting for the range of motion between. This is the axis value which must be exceeded before the throttle handle will reach the idle position.

• Throttle afterburner detent

Axis input value that corresponds to the transition from military to afterburning thrust. This is useful for controllers with a distinct afterburner axis range.

• Adjust speed of mouse wheel

Sensitivity of cockpit controls to mouse wheel input. This is useful for various mouse wheel type input, namely VR equipment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

• 3 months later...

wish the throttle options were accessible while flying as trying to tune it my afterburner detent is frustrating jumping in and out flying. 

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

On 6/23/2022 at 7:17 PM, DayGlow said:

wish the throttle options were accessible while flying as trying to tune it my afterburner detent is frustrating jumping in and out flying. 

Just use a joystick tester software that shows axis percentage to measure your detent position!

Unfortunately it's not possible to add special options that can be changed in flight.

• Thanks 1