Typhoon version?

rocaf2003

The Frankenfiter Typhoon Tranche Yes as per the post above.

Basically if everything goes as planned we should be able to make our own Typhoon making it a very modular customizable module.

Ryzen 7 5800X | RTX 2070S | 32GB 3200MHz | Reverb G2 | VPC Alpha, VPC MT50CM3, VPC TorQ 

On 2/26/2022 at 2:25 PM, F-2 said:

It will be Tranche 2 but early access will be similar to Tranche 1. AESA depends on what documentation they can get though I am not super confident about getting it.

Uhm, no, that's wrong. Please sea the FAQ linked above.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Only want to know this plane exist in real world or not....A Meteor Eurofighter, Tranche2 serial number,But only A-A mode,TG says it not like any Blocks of Typhoon,But Can we find it in real world?

On 2/28/2022 at 4:37 PM, QuiGon said:

Uhm, no, that's wrong. Please sea the FAQ linked above.

On 2/26/2022 at 9:44 PM, AdrianL said:

From the FAQ, it will be an amalgamation.

image.png

Only want to know this plane exist in real world or not....A Meteor Eurofighter, Tranche2 serial number,But only A-A mode,TG says it not like any Blocks of Typhoon,But Can we find it in real world?

3 hours ago, rocaf2003 said:

No, technically that plane doesn't exist in the real world. Meteor is a very new weapon at which point all the Eurofighter operators already had all their Tranche 2 Jets capable of ground attack as far as I'm aware.

(Warning: Joke) But then again I'm gonna guess that at least in the Luftwaffe there probably aren't enough bombs available for all the tranche 2 Jets so practically those do exist 😄 

5 minutes ago, Etirion said:

No, technically that plane doesn't exist in the real world. Meteor is a very new weapon at which point all the Eurofighter operators already had all their Tranche 2 Jets capable of ground attack as far as I'm aware.

(Warning: Joke) But then again I'm gonna guess that at least in the Luftwaffe there probably aren't enough bombs available for all the tranche 2 Jets so practically those do exist 😄 

The Tranche2 block8 early version can AA only(SRP software issue)But it can't fire Meteor

13 minutes ago, Etirion said:

And TureGrit says:

Viewed through this lens, we're not shy to note that our Eurofighter is unlikely to match any real example you could point to, specifically. That isn't by itself unrealistic - again referencing how haphazard the real fleet can be.

This maybe means there is a plane exist in the fleet but it can't match a version,It is a " hybrid" plane

• 1 month later...

After 10 years working on the real aircraft I can tell you virtually no two were the same.  Throughout all of the software upgrades the airframes retained the original build standard as the mechanical systems were not changed so you might have 2 aircraft at the same SRP but quite different mechanical standards.  There is a reason each aircraft had its own set of electrical wiring diagrams in the maintenance documentation (WDMS)!

This gives HB/TG an endless range of possibilities for aircraft standard to emulate.  At the end if the day, we are not going to see all Typhoon capabilities modelled and so if we get one that can fire AAMs and drop LGBs and aim via a TGP and see some sort of Link 16 data then that'll be good enough.  Whatever we end up with it will only be a loose facsimile of the real aircraft. 

• Like 10

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

So, HB is going to do the same as Deka did with the JF-17.

I like some compromises with certain systems for example IFF and other "minor" features which are difficult (or imposible) to replicate exactly in the game, but I don't like this type of approach.

The aircrafts should be based on a particular model.

So, HB is going to do the same as Deka did with the JF-17.
I like some compromises with certain systems for example IFF and other "minor" features which are difficult (or imposible) to replicate exactly in the game, but I don't like this type of approach.
I actually don't mind this approach, as it gives us a wide range of possibilities. Maybe they can have some features that are mutually exclusive, so we can't have a single aircraft that does everything all the time, but choose the exact features in the ME.

IMO it's a shame to leave out features and capabilities if they have enough data to model them.
  • Like 5

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 8:44 AM, AdrianL said:

From the FAQ, it will be an amalgamation.

image.png

Interesting! I wonder if this could open the way to integrate unguided weapons? As planned for initial service versions?

Unguided rockets and bombs are fun. Realistic too, if the Cold War had continued.

On 4/16/2022 at 11:38 PM, Ignition said:

This is not possible for the Eurofighter. Every single airframe is a frankenmodel that features bits from different tranches, as well as changes that were made during that particular aircraft's lifetime. Basically, we're getting a possible Eurofighter configuration, one of many, not necessarily corresponding to any given airframe at any given point of time. An airframe configured in this exact way may or may not have existed somewhere, maybe it still does or will in the future, but the important part is that there's nothing that would prevent one from being set up so.

19 hours ago, nick10 said:

Will it have any air to ground capability?

the FAQ clearly states that it will initially only come with air to air capabilities with air to ground capabilities arriving in later updates

• Like 1

image.png My beloved ❤️

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering rn whether or not it will include the Towed Decoys and Laser Warning systems as they might not be on German Eurofighters:

Spoiler

image.png

this is from "Jane's All the World's Aircraft 2007-2008". There is a possibility that it was included on later orders(like Tranche 2, Tranche 3 or the not mentioned Tranche 4)

Later it says that "[Germany] is now to adopt standard equipment" so hopefully that means that it is present on German Eurofighters

Edited by Zahnatom

image.png My beloved ❤️

On 7/6/2022 at 10:20 PM, Zahnatom said:

thats unfortunate. would be nice to have.

Hmm, what would be the benefit of a LWR for the Typhoon (in DCS)? It's really helpful for helicopters as they are threatened by a lot of laser guided/assisted threats (like main battle tanks). But I don't really see much use for that in a fixed wing fast mover. There are hardly any laser guided anti air missiles (in DCS). :dunno:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

vor einer Stunde schrieb QuiGon:

Hmm, what would be the benefit of a LWR for the Typhoon (in DCS)? It's really helpful for helicopters as they are threatened by a lot of laser guided/assisted threats (like main battle tanks). But I don't really see much use for that in a fixed wing fast mover. There are hardly any laser guided anti air missiles (in DCS). :dunno:

It doesn't matter, if it's necessary!
It would be an additional toy for us and every toy is nice to have! 🙂

• Like 1

Intel Core i9 13900K; Palit GeForce RTX 4090; 64GB Kingston FURY DDR5

Steam | Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Instagram

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

it would help against optically guided SAMs or even MiG-29s, Su-27s, J-11s and Su-33s trying to be stealthy because their IRST uses laser rangefinders

but tbh, it gets MWS anyways so you wouldn't be surprised by a missile which you never saw coming...

image.png My beloved ❤️

30 minutes ago, Zahnatom said:

it would help against optically guided SAMs

Do they actually use laser rangefinders in DCS?

or even MiG-29s, Su-27s, J-11s and Su-33s trying to be stealthy because their IRST uses laser rangefinders

That's a good point! I've actually never checked if their IRSTs cause laser warnings in DCS (for the A-10C or the AH-64, which have LWR).
But then, as you said:

but tbh, it gets MWS anyways so you wouldn't be surprised by a missile which you never saw coming...

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

3 hours ago, QuiGon said:

That's a good point! I've actually never checked if their IRSTs cause laser warnings in DCS (for the A-10C or the AH-64, which have LWR).

A-10C doesn't, it has MWS. Ka-50 is the other module with an LWR. I don't think IRST would set it off in DCS.

Besides Javelin/Starburst, Starstreak and RBS-70, laser-guided AA missiles are not something that really caught on IRL, at least as far as I've heard. I'd guess the Eurofighter's LWR is more against IRST ranging, or if someone's trying to be sneaky with the TGP in AA mode. 

19 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

A-10C doesn't, it has MWS.

Uhm, yes it does. It has all three: RWR, MWS and LWS! Just like the RWS and MWS the LWS displays threats on the RWR display, but showing an L on the display. It shows up for example, if a tank uses its laser range finder against the A-10C.

Ka-50 is the other module with an LWR.

Right, I forgot about the Ka-50. :thumbup:

Besides Javelin/Starburst, Starstreak and RBS-70, laser-guided AA missiles are not something that really caught on IRL, at least as far as I've heard.

But all these missiles are not present in DCS.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg