DCS: BS International customer not able to purchase

Airway

Airway, you got my vote mate.

+1 here that dont have a creditcard atm and have to wait til the box is out. Kinda crappy to sit here and see everyone else practising. :cry:

I have made purchases of other sims that also said "creditcard only", but after a mail or phonecall i was given a bank account number and i could transfer from my bank to theirs the minute after i talked to them. So everyone i encounter have been easy and forthcoming when it comes to sell their products. I dont know why its hard for ED to be able to take sales through bank transfer. And i dont know how paypal and other similar services is a problem as i dont know how those work, but a simple bank transfer?

Im not sitting here all mad and angry, cause im not, but i would definatelly be more happy with BS installed on my PC. ;)

• Like 1

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Thank you for your support, Alex !

What I am seriously concerned about is, that there is absolute no visual interest nor an official reply.

Not the best conditions for a moderate or better business relationship in what I might invest my money.

Thank you for your reply, EvilBivol-1.

I understand that PROTX is the payment vendor so are they not responsible for transactions from the customer to you?

Of what other payment options have you thought then, yet?

Another question is:

How will it work out for the boxed version?

They will not be offered in mayor stores here, will they?

That would bring the same result as with the download version for me. :huh:

I asked around in the community if someone let's me use their credit card, e.g if they buy the game for me and I transfer them the money via my possibilities.

Noone so far found. I would have wondered if someone would let a stranger use his bank account. Understandable for not satisfying for me.

So I'm back at the beginning of the story.

Guys, ED had used Paypal in the past for Flaming Cliffs. It didn't work out very well, so they are not likely to use them again.

That is something I can understand, but i did not know that before, so it's good somebody explainded it.

Now I know why I have to wait and it's no real problem. After following many of the threads here I think BS is really worth waiting for.

Greetings

Harald

Paypal im not familiar with. But having ED setting up a bank account for DCS sales i dont get whats so hard about that? Paypal might funk up, but a bank transfer goes through bank employees making sure the transaction is made with the correct amount of cash. I take this as ED is in no hurry to get more money in and "dont really care" about its customers. As that is the only answer to why there cant be bank transfer sales. In my mind anyway.

"dont really care" = this is just what I feel as a wannabe customer to DCS. (dont saying this is how DCS thinks). ;)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

I bought BS via VISA prepaid credit card which is perfect for online shopping and safe enough for me as its prepaid (im from germany).

I recently integrated several payment systems (fighting the lack of payment options - mostly cc billing, p-sms billing, voucher systems and also Paypal) and I think Paypal is one of the easiest system to integrate.

But I have HEARD that some banks add fees to paypal transactions and I think Paypal itself takes additional 13% of order value.

On the other side - even if revenue from Paypal is very low, its better than losing a prospective customer. I am sure I would have used bittorrent if I had no cc card.

It is really bad that the retail version is coming after chrismas - I think a lot of people want to play this during their holidays.

Intel C2D E8400 @ 4,05GHz; Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6; nVidia Geforce 9800GTX; 4GB OCZ; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; TrackIR 4pro; Saitek X52 Pro; Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals; Vista Home Premium 64-bit

I could buy more copies of DCS and forward the serial key to whoever can paypal me the amount, but this kind of stuff should be done my a mod, or someone from ed, or something, as there obviously is trust issues involved, you know its internets and all.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

• 3 weeks later...
You will be able to buy the game from the shelves in germany.

Is there nobody you know having a CC who could help you with your problem ?

This recommendation only is a workaround, the problem is with ED and the fact, that - despite it's technically and procedurally possible as British based Protx already has added this option to it's features offered - ED has not yet added Paypal as a payment option.

It only depends on ED's decision to subscribe to Paypal as a verified account holder and by that, Protx and Paypal will be valid and safe payment options.

See

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36840

Edited by golfsierra2

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

• ED Team
This recommendation only is a workaround, the problem is with ED and the fact, that - despite it's technically and procedurally possible as British based Protx already has added this option to it's features offered - ED has not yet added Paypal as a payment option.

It only depends on ED's decision to subscribe to Paypal as a verified account holder and by that, Protx and Paypal will be valid and safe payment options.

See

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36840

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=594713&postcount=30

• Like 1

Great Job done with creating an outstanding Simulation. All messed up by bad marketing and DRM.

On second thought, I think the above statement was futile.A one liner like that is not really gonna help or change anything, so I'm sorry about that. I didn't change my opinion in the last few hours, but I think I should have gone a bit more into detail why I came to those conclusions or say nothing at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to order it via the website but each time I submitted by order, I get "Card range not supported by the system"

I contacted DCS, but they were unable to help so I have emailed Protx in hopes that they may be able to help.

I think it may be due to my Visa card not being supported as I live in Canada? I ask because I read that the Protx system may have trouble with North American Visa cards?