TDC slew senitivity

Vekkinho

OK, while in TWS facing 4 ship bandit flight flying open Line abreast at 40NM out it's almost impossible to soft lock #1, #2, #3 and #4 because TDC is very jumpy. It gets better with radar range reduced to 20 or 10 but 40 and beyond is very unfriendly and unprecise. 

I use my HOTAS microstick to move TDC across B-Scope and I use curves to numb TDC but I cannot really fine tune it's precision, even the default keystrokes make cursor move more that required and that seems to be the problem. So you can lock #1, move it a tad, it jumps more than it's width and you can lock #3 making #2 unselectable.

Anyone with a workaround?       

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can add curve and some additional axis limit but it will always be a compromise between precission and TDC speed.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Same for me in FC3 planes.  But in F-16 analog mini stick TDC works great.
For FC3 on TDC I use alternate mappings to keyboard,  still kind of coarse but better than analog (even with curve set to 40).
VKB Gladiator Pro.

5600x, EVGA 3070 FTW, B550 Tomahawk, M.2 Samsung, 32GB CL16, AIO 240mm
VKB Gladiator Pro, Freetracker IR 3d printed, TM MkII HOTAS circa 1985 w/USB
Asus 27" 2560x1440 60fps (so constrain DCS to 60fps)    F-16, F-18
       2021 = First year on DCS:

On 2/27/2022 at 12:54 AM, draconus said:

You can add curve and some additional axis limit but it will always be a compromise between precission and TCD speed.

If you add a curve, then it will not. If you adjust saturation, then it will. (Of course if we are talking about analog axis).

Edited by Razor18

"...it will always be a compromise between precision and TCD speed. "

If you adjust curve, 100% deflection on the joy mini-axis will still mean 100% TDC speed in game. "End speed" of TDC only reduces if you put in saturation, where full deflection of your joystick's cursor axis means less than 100% deflection in game, no matter what.

I have I guess a curve value of 65% and dead zone of 6 (TM HW, for the TDC depress function to keep TDC on target when depressing). So until I'm close to the center position, TDC will be very slow/precise), but if I push it towards full deflection, TDC accelerates up to "full speed".

Edited by Razor18

7 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

If you adjust curve, 100% deflection on the joy mini-axis will still mean 100% TDC speed in game. "End speed" of TDC only reduces if you put in saturation, where full deflection of your joystick's cursor axis means less than 100% deflection in game, no matter what.

Yes, you're right, that is a great explanation.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria