TSD map background concern

flo57100

Hello there,

A concern I have regarding the map background on the TSD, will we really have the map background as it is shown on Wags' videos ?

Although it is OK for "high flying" aircraft like the A10 or the F18, it might not be practical for low flying helicopters when looking for terrain details like elevation lines, rivers, roads, crossroads, forests etc etc. For that, in my opinion, the background on KA50 ABRIS would be a much more convenient for helicopters in top of trees tactical flight (Looks likes it is basically the F10 map), as you can every reference/point of interest on the terrain

Edited by flo57100

• ED Team
38 minutes ago, flo57100 said:

Although it is OK for "high flying" aircraft like the A10 or the F18, it might not be practical for low flying helicopters when looking for terrain details like elevation lines, rivers, roads, crossroads, forests etc etc. For that, in my opinion, the background on KA50 ABRIS would be a much more convenient for helicopters in top of trees tactical flight (Looks likes it is basically the F10 map), as you can every reference/point of interest on the terrain

There are multiple options available to you.  The Chart is just one option.  You can also bring up Satellite imagery (not live sat video, just pre-loaded imagery), or digital terrain shading that allows you to visualize the terrain in front of you. Or if you want, you can remove the map underlay altogether.  It will be very useful.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I wonder if, in the new Hellfire II video, that the map is using the digital terrain shading? 

Like does red indicate the terrain is higher than your altitude, etc? 

image.png

Edited by inexus

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP