LANTIRN Focus Control

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

Just a quick check, is LANTIRN focus control implemented? Heatblur's manual (extract below, underlined parts) explains how it is done but nothing happens when I try it. 

"Sliding the switch aft momentarily allows selection of used laser code, while sliding it aft and holding allows for focus control. When set to laser code change, the right four-way hat selects digit to change with left/right and increases and decreases the selected digit with up/down. In focus control up/down increases and decreases focus."

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

7 minutes ago, BreaKKer said:

Just did a flight to test it, and it doesn't look like it really did anything

Thanks. The manual seems to suggest that we are suppose to hold the slider aft while moving S4 HAT fwd/back. But that would require flexible fingers in the real LANTIRN stick (left thumb on slider, index on S4 HAT). Am I reading it wrong? Anyway, whether I hold the slider in aft position or not, nothing happens.  

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

2 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

I've never seen the LANTIRN out of focus before, I don't think it's modeled. Do any DCS tpods go out of focus?

Not that I recall, it's not necessary in DCS if so. But both Chuck's and Heatblur's manuals give instructions on how to focus the LANTIRN but do not state that it's not implemented (unless I missed it somewhere). Anyway, just needed to find out as I was learning the RIO controls and mapping my Hotas.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN