Cowboy's Magic Collection (AI only AEW&C and ISR mods)

I have received a few requests for my E-7a AEW&C mod, so here it is. However, as I might release more AEW&C or ISR mods in the future, I am making a single thread to capture all of the "magic collection"

This post will be reserved for download links.

E-7a DOWNLOAD HERE (v1.1.0317):

E-7a Wedgetail (AI only) (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Screen_220603_224415.png

P-8 DOWNLOAD HERE (v1.1.0816 )

P-8 Poseidon (AI only) (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Screen_220603_224303.png

M28 Skytruck / MC-145 Coyote and Antonov An-28 DOWNLOAD HERE (v1.0.1007)

M-28 Skytruck / MC-145 /An-28 (AI only) (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Screen_220805_192042.jpg

Tupolev Tu-204/214 variants DOWNLOAD HERE (v1.2.0123)

Tupolev Tu-204/214 variants (AI only) (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Screen_221113_211828.jpg

O-2A Skymaster, DOWNLOAD HERE (v1.2.0123):

O-2A Skymaster (AI only) mod (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Screen_221204_095437.jpg

RQ-4 Global Hawk, DOWNLOAD HERE (v1.0.0704):

RQ-4 Global Hawk (AI only) (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

CLP_RQ4.png

Edited by prccowboy
updates
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 17

E-7a Wedgetail

The E-7A Wedgetail is a twin-engine airborne early warning and control aircraft based on the Boeing 737 Next Generation design

Included are 5 liveries representing the 3 countries operating the aircraft plus a "blank":

- Australia RAAF A30-002 (low vis grey)
- Australia RAAF A30-006
- South Korea ROKAF 327
- Turkey 13-003

As always, this is my artistic representation based on photos of the actual aircraft / my modeling skills, and not necessarily 100% accurate.

NOTE: the aircraft will be listed as "E-7a Wedgetail(CLP)" in the Mission Editor - alphabetically listed with the C's (Cowboy's Livery Pack E-7a). Sorry if that's annoying but it helps me find my assets to have them listed together.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

Installation:
unzip the files and copy the entire contents of the 'Mods' folder in the zip file to your DCS user files folder, example:
C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

(You should end up with a "CLP_E7A" folder under Mods/aircraft, example:
"C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\CLP_E7A\")

=====
To UNINSTALL:
simply delete the "CLP_E7A" folder from the above location (Do NOT delete the entire 'Mods' folder as this will remove any other mods you may have installed)

Changelog:

v1.1.0317: Added AUS low vis livery and other minor livery changes

v1.1.0301: Bug Fix: Not detected on player RWR (detection range increased by request)
v1.0.0226: 1st Public Release

Screen_220224_123102.jpg

Screen_220225_205925.jpg

Screen_220226_093209.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Brilliant - The UK are going to buy this aircraft to replace our aging E3-D's. 

I wasn't sure about a UK paint as the UK E-7's aren't operational yet, so I included a blank livery to make it easier for artists like yourself to make one as you see fit

5 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

Thank you very much for considering the request @prccowboy. This brings a lot of interesting scenarios to play.

I hope this addition adds to the overall immersion and opens up more scenario possibilities.

This is only my 2nd attempt at making a working aircraft in DCS, so Feedback is appreciated (aircraft behavior, capabilities, lighting and appearance). Some things like the pilots are just placeholders - (I'm not very good at modeling people yet) and the damage textures are just re-used from other default models (see photo) to keep resources minimal (I already used a lossy high compression on the liveries to keep it small - adding another set of custom damage textures seemed to be unnecessary overhead for AI)

Anyway, I *think* it works well enough for general immersion and scenario building. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Screen_220226_091633.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 5

This E-7 has full AEW capabilities, compatible with Datalink, SA, etc on western modules?

I mean, it works as E-2 or E-3 core AEW in the same way?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

18 minutes ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

This E-7 has full AEW capabilities, compatible with Datalink, SA, etc on western modules?

I mean, it works as E-2 or E-3 core AEW in the same way?

I coded it for datalink, link16 and eplrs capability. appreciate feedback on whether it is working properly for you. it was working in my testing...

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

Will do also my own research, thanks for the reply.

Beautiful model mate, the skins are spot on with real examples.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

3 minutes ago, _billythekid_ said:

Is there a paintkit provided for it? Would like to make some 🙂

currently no. my texture masters are a mess of trial and error as I add and layer in stuff then modify models and change UV's and textures again - would be embarrassed to share that. however, I left the default textures as "blanks" with no livery specific info so that people could easily modify if they desired.

if anyone really really wants a paint kit, I could make up some UV maps and basic layers. I only ask that if you want me to take the time to develop a paintkit, that you share your work with the community

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1