Cowboy's Magic Collection (AI only AEW&C and ISR mods)

8 Sqn RAF Lossiemouth - E7A Updated.  WT001, WT002 and WT003 - The RAF is only getting three.  NATO AWACS badges on the nose. 

I have some slight reservations about this scheme, it does not quite match up with how modern RAF aircraft are being painted these days but this is how the UK MOD is saying they will be painted, se we will have to wait and see if the real thing is any different. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7c9xbzid8js2oz8/CrazyEddies RAF 8 Sqn E7A Updated.zip?dl=0

Screen-220815-150400.png

Screen-220815-143836.png

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Likely a silly question but how do I get paratroopers to jump from the MC-145 Coyote?  Thanks!

As of right now, they're going to have to land to take a red airfield with troops.  Considering how any idiot with an assault rifle or MANPADS can mess up that plan...

Edited by AvgeekJoe

2 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Likely a silly question but how do I get paratroopers to jump from the MC-145 Coyote?  Thanks!

As of right now, they're going to have to land to take a red airfield with troops.  Considering how any idiot with an assault rifle or MANPADS can mess up that plan...

as stated above, I have NOT included any paratroopers in this release.  The capability is built-in for future development. 

nevertheless, some smart people out there who already have paratrooper models built and coded as a weapon system (ex: Hercules, DC3, private mod, etc.) might figure out that all they need to do is add the corresponding loadout to line 787 of the M28 lua file. That smart person would also know that they would then use "ground attack" in the mission editor with unguided bombs to drop the paratroopers. And finally, they would use a script to identify when those paratrooper "bombs" hit the ground and spawn troops at that point.

I do not condone or support any unauthorized changes to my mod to do such a thing 😏

edit: as stated above, I intend to develop paratroopers, paradrop cargo, etc. at some future date (in fact, I mistakenly forgot to remove an early test build cargo model that I was using to evaluate paradrop capability from this release -- but you won't find it in-game). If anyone has a good paratrooper model that they are willing to share (public domain), please do so.

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, prccowboy said:

as stated above, I have NOT included any paratroopers in this release.  The capability is built-in for future development. 

nevertheless, some smart people out there who already have paratrooper models built and coded as a weapon system (ex: Hercules, DC3, private mod, etc.) might figure out that all they need to do is add the corresponding loadout to line 787 of the M28 lua file. That smart person would also know that they would then use "ground attack" in the mission editor with unguided bombs to drop the paratroopers. And finally, they would use a script to identify when those paratrooper "bombs" hit the ground and spawn troops at that point.

I do not condone or support any unauthorized changes to my mod to do such a thing 😏

You can rest assured that

a) I'm not one of your "smart people".  Trust me.  I'm the kind that needs a manual first.

b) I would want such a capability portable in a mission file and it appears this is not the case.

• Like 1

Your Mods never disappoint the user.  High quality and excellent work.  I really like the way you manage the different variants in the ME loadout section.  A Mod like this must have taken many hours to develop and lots of bugs to crush.  Many thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Took the newly arrived MC-145 out for a test run (I added the option for a 19 missile Zuni rocket pod) and found out damage textures are present as I came across a ground-based AA unit.  Outstanding!  Fired two Hellfires at the ground unit but both overshot their target (strange behavior for a laser guided weapon).  Luckily the bullet ridden aircraft made it home safety.  More missions are planned for this terrific model.

Thanks again,

RustyGunner

Takeoff.jpg

Heading Home.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RustyGunner said:

Fired two Hellfires at the ground unit but both overshot their target (strange behavior for a laser guided weapon).  

let me know if you notice that happening again. I've never seen it miss in my testing... was something else maybe lasing on the same code? did you touch the sensor code when you added the zuni's?

Edited by prccowboy

I have had many problems with Hellfires fired from the MQ-9 Reaper overshooting their target.  Some hit but for the most part they miss. I reported the problem in the AI Bugs (Non-Combined Arms) last month. BIGNEWY confirmed and reported it to the ED team to check.   The test flight with your model was nothing special; takeoff from one airport and land at another.  I added two ground units (wide open field several miles apart) to target in the flight path.  The MC-145 detected each unit and fired a Hellfire at it: both missed. 

I just flew a similar test flight with two T-90 tanks as targets.  This time the first one hit the second one missed.  I am thinking the problem is with the Hellfire or AI logic not your model.

RustyGunner

Hi, 

first of all thanks for providing these great mods! Very much appreciated! 🙂

Would you see a chance for creation of two mods based on swedish developments? I would really like to have them in the game (especially when the Kola map arrives).

These are: Saab Swordfish MPA (https://www.saab.com/newsroom/press-releases/2018/swordfish-redefines-tomorrows-maritime-patrol-aircraft & https://youtu.be/U0UcKYgjNIw) and Saab Globaleye AEW&C (https://www.saab.com/products/globaleye & https://youtu.be/hcL9DgEe5lQ). Both are based on Bombardier Global 6000.

Best regards

Ted 

• Like 1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

8 hours ago, RustyGunner said:

I can find no information regarding this belly camera (see picture).  Curious as to its function and why this aircraft needs two.  I do like the way both the nose and belly camera move around in flight keeping an eye on surroundings.

RustyGunner

I'm guessing that the nose sensor is obstructed for rear aspect and that the retractable belly sensor is to allow full 360 view. I can't remember forum policy on external links, so I am just going to post a photo here from an article on "the Drive" titled "MC-145B Wily Coyote Special Ops Planes Will Be Able To Launch Stealth Cruise Missiles" that shows an operator station. Photo implies that the demonstrator used a MX-20 for the belly EO. also note the implication of synthetic aperture radar

message-editor_1627326210756-sensor-operator-view-mc-145b.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response.  Excellent information.  Your guess about the belly sensor makes sense to me.  In my search I came across a picture of a cruise missile being fired but that seemed a bit much for this aircraft.

I am enjoying your superb model.  I added paratroopers and cargo drops to the aircraft.  Your package contains a cargo model but no texture file for it.  I made a crude one but wonder if you have one for it.

RustyGunner  

Cargo Drop.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 4:38 PM, RustyGunner said:

I am enjoying your superb model.  I added paratroopers and cargo drops to the aircraft.  Your package contains a cargo model but no texture file for it.  I made a crude one but wonder if you have one for it.

that cargo model was NOT supposed to be in the package. It was a simple Proof-of-Concept build that I mistakenly included when I bundled stuff up for the stand alone release. 😩

edit: I don't mind anyone using that paracargo model with the M-28 mod (I'm in no rush to remove it and post a new package), but it's not "supported"

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 2

@Spino thanks for covering the M-28 on your youtube channel

@Neo47thanks for sharing the German liveries

@crazyeddie thanks for sharing all the new liveries (E-7a and M-28). When I started modding, someone told me that "when crazyeddie approves of your mod, then you have truly achieved something" I feel honored to have a few of my creations now graced with your liveries

• Like 4

No problem @prccowboy!  I love your mods, I just wish some of them were flyable.  It would be cool to have something like the M-28 that we could actually fly (I get that a lot of the stuff you do is not stuff that most people would care about flying, like the E-7 and P-8, vid coming up on the latter by the way).

• Like 2

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

33 minutes ago, Фагот said:

Hello everyone. Is mods work with last update of release version of DCS? Strange, that it's doesn't work for me when i put it in mods/aircrafts folder in SavedGames.

the zip files already include the mod/aircraft folders, so you only need to unzip everything to your SavedGames DCS directory;  (example using openbeta: C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ 

I assume you incorrectly unzipped it to mods/aircraft and probably have a mods/aircraft/mods/aircraft/CLP_M28_SKYTRUCK folder. <=this is wrong.

If you are using openbeta version, you should have a folder structure like this:

C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\CLP_M28_SKYTRUCK\

C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\CLP P-8 Poseidon\

C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\CLP_E7A\

edit: I just noticed that you said release version, so your folders might be DCS instead of DCS.openbeta

Edited by prccowboy

1 час назад, prccowboy сказал:

I assume you incorrectly unzipped it to mods/aircraft and probably have a mods/aircraft/mods/aircraft/CLP_M28_SKYTRUCK folder. <=this is wrong.

Thank  you for answer, but i've install it correct (see attached image). And it's really strange, looks like my DCS doesn't indexing mods folder in SavedGames somewhat, because i have such issue with any new installed mosd after last update.

Aircrafts.png

Edited by Фагот

Well, the MC-145 got shot down by the enemy (so much for flying in a cleared air space).  Thought I would pass this observation along.  The plane lost both engines and wings in the missile attack but both propellers kept spinning all the way into the ground.  Seems odd to see propellers spinning with no engines or wings.

RustyGunner

Propellers Still Spinning.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Фагот said:

Thank  you for answer, but i've install it correct (see attached image). And it's really strange, looks like my DCS doesn't indexing mods folder in SavedGames somewhat, because i have such issue with any new installed mosd after last update.

it sounds like you have the historical filter on (it is the icon that looks like a wristwatch at bottom of Mission Editor screen). click it to toggle on/off

Screen_220830_222923.jpg

57 minutes ago, RustyGunner said:

Well, the MC-145 got shot down by the enemy (so much for flying in a cleared air space).  Thought I would pass this observation along.  The plane lost both engines and wings in the missile attack but both propellers kept spinning all the way into the ground.  Seems odd to see propellers spinning with no engines or wings.

RustyGunner

it's in the mod description under "known bugs" - I haven't figured out how to remove the new style prop blur. (old ugly prop blur I can remove no problem when the engine is destroyed but not sure how to do it with the new blade style prop effects) if anyone knows the answer, please PM me

I considered a workaround by NOT having wings/engines that would come off when destroyed... but I made a design choice to keep the damage modeling and try to figure out the prop issue later

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in another thread @crazyeddie said: 

Small experiment - Using JSGME I overwrote the LT_F_5B with an MK46 from the SA Map pack - it can be dropped from the P8 and it does sink the target, acting just as the LTF5B had.

However, its shrunk in size because of whatever it was that PRCCowboy did with the LTF5B - So theoritically if he undid that you could use the MK46 instead of the LF5B and it would look correct,

prcCowboy doesn't need to undo anything on the P-8 for you to do what you are trying to do. I anticipated the need and pre-planned for the use of other ordnance in the torpedo bay so it's already baked in. You just need to make a minor lua modification: in line 419 to 468, just change the connector names to remove the "sm" from the name. example: change connector = 'PNT_PYLON_05sm', to connector = 'PNT_PYLON_05', That's it. done. just place whatever ordnance you want in there to replace the LTF_5B

note: the above instructions are for those who have some modding experience and want to use custom mod weapons with the P-8. I do not support any changes made to my work nor do I give permission for any redistribution of my mods. the link I provided in the 1st post to the dcs world user files is the only "official" download.

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Urbi said:

Absolutely unsuitable. 

perhaps you could read a bit more before criticizing. I state very clearly in the P-8 documentation that the LTF-5B is a fictional placeholder until a suitable MK-54 can be made. My earlier post is to alert the community that when a solution is found, the connectors are already included in the P-8.

@crazyeddie (and others) are trying to work out a solution to make a custom torpedo for this and other mod aircraft. I applaud the effort.

Your expertise may be more beneficial in also supporting the community with a solution rather than criticizing those that are working the problem.

• Thanks 1