Cowboy's Magic Collection (AI only AEW&C and ISR mods)

I've got an RWR mod out for Western aircraft.  I'll update it to include this aircraft as well.

*EDIT* Updated the RWR mod to include this.  It should display as "E7" on RWR if it's picked up.

DCS RWR Symbology (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Testing so far shows that it's not detected, at least not by the RWR in the F22 mod which uses the F15C RWR.  It was however, working great.  Darkstar was chattering away telling me where all the bogies were.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 часов назад, Nightstorm сказал:

I've got an RWR mod out for Western aircraft.  I'll update it to include this aircraft as well.

*EDIT* Updated the RWR mod to include this.  It should display as "E7" on RWR if it's picked up.

DCS RWR Symbology (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Testing so far shows that it's not detected, at least not by the RWR in the F22 mod which uses the F15C RWR.  It was however, working great.  Darkstar was chattering away telling me where all the bogies were.

I did exactly the same yesterday: I added it into the NightStorm file. But to no avail. The radar is the same as that of the E-3A. Bug?

15 hours ago, bennyboy9800 said:

I had thought I had seen it display as a U, like most other user-modded radars. 

3 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

I did exactly the same yesterday: I added it into the NightStorm file. But to no avail. The radar is the same as that of the E-3A. Bug?

1) I re-used the existing AN/APY-1 capabilities as a reasonable approximation instead of attempting to make a custom MESA radar in DCS (I doubt there is any decent information about it's specifications in the public knowledge arena anyway)

2) I recall in earlier builds/testing it showing as "AI" in RWR contacts, but it doesn't seem to be picking it up lately (this is true of other MOD planes that I have tested as well). Maybe something "got broke" in a recent update? If anyone has an example of a user mod plane showing correctly in RWR let me know to help me test the problem

1 hour ago, ultrablue2258 said:

Request to add Outback as a callsign for the Wedgetail as that is the RAAF ABM Callsign

3) would love to add "outback" as a callsign but not sure how to do that as a user mod without touching "core files"

• Like 1

@prccowboy  I know that various other aircraft do show up on the RWR when using my RWR mod.  In the mission I was testing I have the Grinn F22, VSN F35, Su57, Su30, Su35 etc and they all show up according to the entries in the RWR table.

However, I didn't see any reading from E7A.  I too compared the lua for the E7 to that of the E3 and everything looked perfectly fine to me.  It's using the same RADAR as you stated.  I don't know why it's not showing up on RWR, however it does in fact still work as an AWACS.

@RaptorFighter Access to the database that controlled callsigns was lost when all of the database files were encrypted.  That's when we lost the extended call signs mod.  I've been asking for access to that back ever since by posting in the various threads about it, but all requests were ignored.

I love this sim.  And I'm really happy we have it, but sometimes I feel like a dog begging for table scraps from ED.  We only get what they decide to let us have.

*EDIT* Woops, that callsign comment was meant for @ultrablue2258 not @RaptorFighter .

But since I'm editing this anyway, in my opinion, if the aircraft is supposed to have an AESA radar that would be difficult to detect on RWR, what's the harm?  I mean it functions as an AWACS which was the intended goal.  You can still pick it up easily on FCR and down it if it's on the OPFOR.  And if its friendly, it does its job just fine and the fact that it doesn't show up on RWR just *might* be more realistic.  My opinion only.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 2

We Brits ordered 5, then the government reduced that to 3, so only 1 is ever likely to be available at any given time.

Thank god politicians only get to run countries, if they had to run households we plebs would all be living in mud huts and burning candles made out of goats fat. 

13 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

I don't know why it's not showing up on RWR, however it does in fact still work as an AWACS.

Not Detected by player RWR bug is fixed - v1.1.0301

E-7a will now show on player RWR as Unknown type (or "AI" in F-14). 

(or you can use @Nightstorm mod to show it as an E-7)

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

8 Sqn RAF E-7A - which will be based at RAF Lossiemouth. Paint scheme notional, unlikely it will carry any 8 Sqn markings on the tail, and will probably look very similar to the 120 Sqn Poseidon's, which are very plain and rather boring.

well, I suppose I can't clean up or otherwise modify the 3d geometry now - it would break too many cool custom skins 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prccowboy said:

well, I suppose I can't clean up or otherwise modify the 3d geometry now - it would break too many cool custom skins 😅

Go right ahead mate, we will adapt to whatever you decide to add or subtract, skins are the simplest bits and easily modified.  👍

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding Work!!!! Just one request .... could you redo the Aussie Wedgetail skin in a "Low-Vis" Grey instead of the current white please as that is the way they are painted now. Cheers 8-)

Wedgetail_Current.jpg

Edited by OzCougar

18 hours ago, OzCougar said:

Outstanding Work!!!! Just one request .... could you redo the Aussie Wedgetail skin in a "Low-Vis" Grey instead of the current white please as that is the way they are painted now. Cheers 8-)

No worries, mate. As a bonus, how 'bout I correct the orientation of the AUS wing rondels as well? 😀

v.1.1.0317 now available with additional Australia livery (A30-002 in FED STD595-16515 paint)

Screen_220317_212431.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 3:23 PM, Arrow11 said:

I would be hopeful of a P8 Poseidon

On 2/27/2022 at 4:13 PM, bennyboy9800 said:

Hope to see more from you... P-8? 

On 3/7/2022 at 3:05 AM, FoxHoundELite said:

pls do P-8 Poseidon next 😄

I make NO promises or guarantees that I will ever complete or release a P-8; but IF such a thing were to happen, do you have any specific liveries you would like to see?

Screen_220326_174548.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the E-7!  A P-8 would be amazing!!! The Civil Aircraft Mod 737-200 just isn't convincing me it can be a P-8 and the 757 is too big.  That is IF you release it, either way I appreciate everything you've done.

P-8.jpgP-8s.jpg

• Like 1

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

Wow! Thank you for the reply @prccowboy. Yes completely understand and agree to your point.. the uh60 addons and E7 are already great additions that you have given the community. 

In case the P8I comes out a default US Navy livery itself would make me very happy, but if you ask the Indian Navy skin below is a personal liking.

images.jpeg-556.jpg