Cowboy's Magic Collection (AI only AEW&C and ISR mods)

On 3/26/2022 at 2:56 PM, prccowboy said:

I make NO promises or guarantees that I will ever complete or release a P-8; but IF such a thing were to happen, do you have any specific liveries you would like to see?

Screen_220326_174548.jpg

Sure, any combination of my hometown VP heroes would be much appreciated please:

VP-1     Screaming Eagles
VP-4     Skinny Dragons
VP-9     Golden Eagles

VP-40   Fighting Marlins
VP-46   Grey Knights
VP-47   Golden Swordsmen
VP-69   Fighting Totems
VQ-1     World Watchers

1 hour ago, Arrow11 said:

This got me looking at P8s in detail, chanced upon a great deployment video with many interesting visuals - also never knew they flew so low.

videos like that inspired some of my mod test and eval scenarios (yes, I have entered test & eval stage of development):

Screen_220330_093128.jpg

Screen_220330_003656.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 8

This is awesome mate ¡¡¡

Really AWESOME ¡¡¡ Thanks for adding this kind of variety to DCS World experience. 

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

1 hour ago, RotoFly said:

My friend, I didn't mean to reply to you She says stop this matter to you or continue She says it's from the internet and you bought it from  jupiter

I mod as a hobby to learn new skills. Everything I have released is something I created. There are much better models out there, but these are my creation (honestly, I wince now every time I look at the Wedgetail - it feels like that lopsided bowl that children make in pottery class and give to their parents).

The P-8 has consumed 5 weeks of my free time researching the plane, pushing vertices (making the 3d mesh), puzzling out UVs, rigging animation, texturing the diffuse, AO, roughness, metal and illum, creating LODs, lighting, Collision and damage models and then coding it all to behave properly in DCS (and then going back and doing it all over again when I don't like the result). I still have a long laundry list on my to-do list to finish polishing and detailing but at this point, I am getting burnt out and not feeling it's worth the effort - especially when I get accused of stealing someone else's work.

btw, to anyone who has actually modeled, the models are obviously not the same - very different geometry.

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, prccowboy said:

I mod as a hobby to learn new skills. Everything I have released is something I created. There are much better models out there, but these are my creation (honestly, I wince now every time I look at the Wedgetail - it feels like that lopsided bowl that children make in pottery class and give to their parents).

The P-8 has consumed 5 weeks of my free time researching the plane, pushing vertices (making the 3d mesh), puzzling out UVs, rigging animation, texturing the diffuse, AO, roughness, metal and illum, creating LODs, lighting, Collision and damage models and then coding it all to behave properly in DCS (and then going back and doing it all over again when I don't like the result). I still have a long laundry list on my to-do list to finish polishing and detailing but at this point, I am getting burnt out and not feeling it's worth the effort - especially when I get accused of stealing someone else's work.

btw, to anyone who has actually modeled, the models are obviously not the same - very different geometry.

just ignore him m8, this dude has a history of posting random WIP model and explain it in broken English just to get other's attention (actually he didnt release anything unlike you). But dont worry,  take as much time as you need, no need to rush. We are all looking forward to your Poseidon ❤️ 

Again, the dude's opinion doesnt present the whole community's pov about your work. Just do it my friend 😉

Edited by FoxHoundELite
  • Like 4

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@prccowboy just wanted to tell you that I enjoy your mods very much, and I'm sure same is the case with many others in the forum. You have given modern military stuff that's really worth and relevant

Your attention to minute detail shows in the quality of your mods. Even though you think some of those have some flaws, I find them aesthetically highly pleasing and really useful for missions and scenarios.

We'll all be very happy to see more from you and would fervently wish that you continue your good work.

Just one of the screens I posted on insta a few days back, from your earlier work.

IMG_20220401_001850_184.jpg

• Like 3

Why doesn’t Rotofly show the LEFT side of his screens, that show the tree structure of what he’s working on? 🤔

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

I have decided to take a break from modding here and use my free time to "fly". Nevertheless, since some of you were waiting for my version of a P-8, I have decided to release what I have so far. Files have been uploaded, should be available for download soon.

DOWNLOAD link will be in first post. This area is for mod description.

Screen_220402_122822.jpg

P-8 Poseidon (AI only) mod by PRCCOWBOY

Included are 11 liveries representing the countries currently operating the aircraft plus a "blank":

• - USA VP-5 168436
  • - USA VP-46 168431
  • - USA VX-1 167955
  • - USA VP-16 168429
  • - Australia RAAF A47-006
  • - UK RAF "City of Elgin"
  • - India INAS316 IN-320 (with P-8I modification)
  • - Norway RNoAF 9582
  • - South Korea
  • - Germany

P8 liveries.jpg
Armament:
- AGM-84D
- AGM-84H

(and as a placeholder since DCS currently does not support MK54 torpedoes, I have included a fictional load-out using LTF-5B torpedoes)

Pods:

- AN/APS-154

As always, this is my artistic representation based on photos of the actual aircraft / my modeling skills, and not necessarily 100% accurate.

=======

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

=======

Installation:
unzip the files and copy the entire contents of the 'Mods' folder in the zip file to your DCS user files folder, example:
C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

(You should end up with a "CLP P-8 Poseidon" folder under Mods/aircraft, example:
"C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\CLP P-8 Poseidon\")

=====
To UNINSTALL:
simply delete the "CLP P-8 Poseidon" folder from the above location (Do NOT delete the entire 'Mods' folder as this will remove any other mods you may have installed)

Changelog:

v1.1.0816
- added KOR and DEU liveries
- added option to start with open bay doors
- minor code changes, repack textures

v1.1.0408
- corrected detection range by other aircraft
- corrected livery description for VP-5
- added VP-16 168429 livery
- minor detail changes to AN/APS-154 pod and liveries

v1.1.0404 
- removed errant cockpit viewports 
- added AN/APS-154 pod loadout (this will also add vertical strake stabilizers to rear fuselage)

v1.0.0402 Initial Release

NOTES:

-Both P-8A and P-8I variants are included. The P-8I variant is activated by the India livery

- although I've seen documentation regarding center fuselage pylons, I have not found any actual photos of ordnance carried there to model it. As such, ordnance can only be carried on the wing pylons (Harpoons and SLAM-ER) and in the bomb bay (torpedoes)

- the aircraft will be listed as "P-8 Poseidon (CLP)" in the Mission Editor - alphabetically listed with the C's (Cowboy's Livery Pack P-8).

Edited by prccowboy
updated description
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

11 minutes ago, RotoFly said:

all is  import  export to dcw

aaaa.jpg

xd.jpg

You - more than anybody right now - need to STOP.

• Like 4

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

1 minute ago, FoxHoundELite said:

That's the neat part, because everyone indeed do not understand what you're saying 😉

😆 I kid you not - word for word I had typed that and was just about to post, then yours flashed up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poor guy tried soooooo hard to get everyone's attention. And he failed spectacularly XD

3 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

😆 I kid you not - word for word I had typed that and was just about to post, then yours flashed up!

Edited by FoxHoundELite

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]