Cowboy's Magic Collection (AI only AEW&C and ISR mods)

as much as it would boost my ego to see my thread have multiple pages of replies, let's keep it to topic

as always, screenshots of how you use the mod in your missions is always appreciated and/or other feedback of things that you like or critical bugs found

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, FoxHoundELite said:

Ooh now he wants you to sing @G.J.S :)))

The courts restraining order is still in force . . . 🤐

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

14 hours ago, Geschirre said:

Thanks 🙂

hey I thought you requested a VX-1 livery 😉 j/k

Can I ask if the roughmets are working properly? (rough things look rough, metal things look shiny, etc.) I made a last minute change to the model to go direct to roughmet instead of specular like I usually do and not sure it worked properly (I may have some files floating around my DEV environment that make it look different for me than others with a clean install)  edit: nevemind, enough screenshots posted now that I can see that it appears to be working for everyone

Edited by prccowboy

@prccowboy The P-8 sure looks good sub-hunting! Completely forgot the screenies 🤦‍♂️ , but had it hunting a large area - it found a submersed sub relatively quickly, and after 3 torpedos dropped, the 4th was on a bearing that intercepted and struck - causing the Kilo to surface. Then the P-8 finished with 2 Harpoons to the surfaced target.

Really worthy addon.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

3 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

after 3 torpedos dropped, the 4th was on a bearing that intercepted and struck - causing the Kilo to surface. Then the P-8 finished with 2 Harpoons to the surfaced target.

nice! not bad for WWII era torpedoes, lol. It will be nice if/when we get mk54 torpedoes for the Poseidon to carry

• Like 1

I was about to leave on a fortnight long trip, but couldn't help firing up DCS one more time before I started, just because of this mod release from you 😃

Waiting eagerly to play some scenarios when I get back. Thank you @prccowboy for considering the request for the mod and more so the Indian Navy skin! 

Screen_220403_111204-01.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

Thank you @prccowboy for considering the request for the mod and more so the Indian Navy skin! 

it's actually more than just a skin for Indian Navy, the plane changes to reflect P-8I variant.

I decided to make this livery controllable vs. an automatic change based on country (I mean, what if somebody wanted a scenario where India had P-8A instead of P-8I). If anybody else wants to make more P-8I liveries, See the India livery description lua for control method.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FoxHoundELite said:

really appreciate the mod ❤️

Thanks to everyone who posted photos. As I said before, it helps me in development to understand use cases (how people are using it). 

I thought that the P-8 would be an easy addition since I already had my E-7a model (just cut this off, stretch a few places and add some other bits and bobs). In reality, I was only able to re-use about 10% of my previous work (some of the engine and gear parts). Nevertheless, practice and experience is good for improvement and I think this is my best plane model so far - geometry wise. I don't think the P-8 is finished (I still have a long to do list of detailing, and tweaking) but I decided to release "as is" because there is always a chance that I wouldn't come back from my break and I didn't want it to become vaporware like so many other projects on these forums.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2022 at 10:41 AM, crazyeddie said:

8 Sqn RAF E-7A - which will be based at RAF Lossiemouth. Paint scheme notional, unlikely it will carry any 8 Sqn markings on the tail, and will probably look very similar to the 120 Sqn Poseidon's, which are very plain and rather boring.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwbeoibgrc3ce9m/RAF E-7A.zip?dl=0

Hello, Please, can you re-upload your livery? the above link is not working anymore 😞

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

42 minutes ago, prccowboy said:

I don't think the P-8 is finished (I still have a long to do list of detailing, and tweaking) but I decided to release "as is" because there is always a chance that I wouldn't come back from my break and I didn't want it to become vaporware like so many other projects on these forums.

Thanks a lot for sharing these beautiful aircraft Mods, I intend to use them as backdrop random air traffic on my Marianas missions 👍

zRCKdV5.jpg

Best  regards, and thanks again 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

P-8 has been updated to version 1.1.0404 to fix the errant viewports in the cockpit (shouldn't have been included - and I wish I had figured that out earlier because it would have saved me a lot of work cutting them into the fuselage). Anyway, as a bonus for my foul-up, I am including a new loadout. Option to load a AN/APS-154 Advanced Airborne Sensor is now included. If selected, the plane configuration will also change to include the stabilizing vertical strakes needed to carry the sensor.

Visual changelog:

v1.1.0404.jpg

Screen_220404_114403.jpg

ok, now I really am going to take a break. Hopefully, my "hotfix" didn't break something else...

Note: the viewports are actually still available with a livery modification in case someone really liked the look of them (I do). PM me for details

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks you <3. Take a well rest my friend 🙂

btw @prccowboy you said the Indian version has some different but i dont spot any, should it has a longer "stinger" (yeah, it's an MAD, i know) like the real thing?

image_2022-04-05_001321.png

Real P-8I

Máy bay tuần tra săn ngầm P-8I của Ấn Độ /// Boeing

Edited by FoxHoundELite
  • Like 1

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, FoxHoundELite said:

Thanks you <3. Take a well rest my friend 🙂

btw @prccowboy you said the Indian version has some different but i dont spot any, should it has a longer "stinger" (yeah, it's an MAD, i know) like the real thing?

Real P-8I

see photo for comparison of P-8A and P-8I models.  I wanted to have some different variants included but it was still WIP when I decided to take a break. 

comp.jpg

Edited by prccowboy

Thanks a lot Prccowboy for your superb Mods ! 😀 I was amazed by your UH-60 helos and their numerous liveries, and as such, I include them a lot in my Marianas scenarios. 👏 I also use your E-7 and Poseidon Mods, for more realistic naval ops. 😉 I love that swinging FLIR Pod under the P-8 fuselage ! Superb attention to details 👏 Please, keep on providing us with your excellent Aircraft ! 😀 Fly low....

Below, a Poseidon flying past the Sushy Mod "Le Redoutable" SSBN (S611 decommisioned). Thanks Sushy and prccowboy ! 😀

Screen_220404_215208s.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 3

Love this AI Mod!!!!!!! with the E-7A just wondering if you could make the eye brow an args as i would like to make skins for the RAAF E-7A's but only a couple of them had the eye brows and the rest do not. And just one more thing xD could you do a updated C-17 Mod? that just over rights the DCS C-17. Like the F-117 mod did?

Screen_220405_042558.png

Screen_220405_042610.png

Edited by josh-109
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, prccowboy said:

see photo for comparison of P-8A and P-8I models.  I wanted to have some variants included but it was still WIP when I decided to take a break. 

comp.jpg

This was indeed a bonus. This is what I said about 'attention to detail'. I never knew the P8I had different fuselage relief until I saw the mod.