Cowboy's Magic Collection (AI only AEW&C and ISR mods)

2 hours ago, prccowboy said:

That approach will only work on static objects (ie. you have a parked "prop"). Otherwise, the AI "pilot" will automatically close them and the doors will only open during weapon drop.

However, if there is community interest in having them re-open when the plane parks; I could probably write a replacement file to do that.

There's a checkbox on the CAP H-6 that allows the bomb bay doors to be open on the ramp.  Not sure how they did that or what's involved.

11 hours ago, USSInchon said:

There's a checkbox on the CAP H-6 that allows the bomb bay doors to be open on the ramp.  Not sure how they did that or what's involved.

thanks. that is a simple modification. It gives me some ideas. I guess I never considered anyone would want the bomb bay doors open on the ground so never really gave it much thought

2 hours ago, RustyGunner said:

Also, I do not have the WW 2 pack and had no problem loading or firing the torpedoes. 

thanks for the reply. I think we got @Arrow11's problem resolved

10 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Be a jerk if I didn't share this here... not my YouTube

wow, so my mods are almost famous, lol. Anyway, the answer to the question in that youtube comments regarding recon and directing human flights is a) use scripting (ie. MOOSE or MiST) or b) simply set the tasking of the Poseidon as "FAC" (you could even add a zone trigger to pop up a message that something is in the P-8 Area of Operations if you want). however, the built-in DCS FAC might only work with ground units and not naval

On 4/25/2022 at 8:18 AM, USSInchon said:

For anybody who wants the option to open bomb bay doors at mission start, you can try this replacement file (just place it in the folder where you installed the mod). example: "C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\CLP P-8 Poseidon\"). This is from one of my dev builds so I haven't fully tested it, but I think it works.

DOWNLOAD FILE:  CLP_P8.lua

If this change is popular, I might make it the default in any future updates to the mod.

Note: this will also change the behavior so that the P-8 will open the bomb bay doors when parking (similar to opening service hatches upon engine shut down). It also changes the map icon to "B" (I think the P-8 may classify better as a bomber than a recon drone) and changes TYPE description back to "P-8A Poseidon (CLP)" in the Mission Editor (the word Poseidon was removed from the description in the last update). The advantages of this method over the livery modification for bomb bay doors is that you can do it with NO additional modifications (to all your liveries) and is not limited to static objects only.

Note: since the AI pilot will still close the bomb bay doors during engine start, you can use "uncontrolled" to make it behave similar to a static for any screenshots or for background props.

thanks to @USSInchon and @RustyGunnerfor the idea

Screen_220501_095703.jpg

edit: oh yeah, another advantage is that with this option you can load armament on the ramp and have the open bay door effect - which isn't possible with staticsScreen_220501_141903.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks great.  Will be some nice eye candy for Polish airfields.  Maybe Ukraine digital camouflage for a Polish lend lease scenario.  Kind of ironic since the An-28 started life in Ukraine.

Thanks prccowboy 🙂

22257_2-Deka_Su25_digital_722.jpg

10331694n3.jpg

128528380772389998ee54f5bb7aa45b.jpg

baee5e9a7736844fe460eeb789377721.jpg

• Like 2

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, RustyGunner said:

Found this posting on page 2 while checking the forum.  Beautiful looking models!  All would be a great addition to DCS but I have a fancy for the MC-145 Coyote or MC-145b Coyote.  Your models are excellent. Hope to see these soon.

RustyGunner

Thanks @RustyGunner I am trying to wrap up the project soon. I have many variants included of which both the MC-145A and B are available. I admit though that since the announcement last week that the Armed Overwatch contract went to another platform some of the wind has been taken out of my sails for this project. Nevertheless, even though it doesn't look like the Wily Coyote will find a service home soon it will still be included in my release.

This is what I have currently for the A and B models:

Screen_220808_184129.jpg

Screen_220808_184058.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

M28 Skytruck / MC-145 Coyote and Antonov AN-28 (AI only) mod by PRCCOWBOY v1.0.0813

The PZL Mielec M28 Skytruck / Bryza is a multi-mission aircraft that can be deployed in troop and cargo transport, med-evac, maritime patrol and reconnaissance missions. It is an improved version of the Antonov An-28 aircraft.

This mod includes multiple variants of the M-28 / MC-145 / AN-28 using loadouts to choose the various configurations. The types are split between two plane "assets" which are displayed as the 'M-28/MC-145 (CLP)' and 'An-28/BRYZA (CLP)' in the Mission Editor - alphabetically listed with the C's (Cowboy's Livery Pack M-28/An-28).

=========================

Now available. Download link in 1st post of this thread

=========================

Included are various liveries, including:
     - (RUS) Aeroflot
     - (POL) An-28 BRYZA 1R 1006
     - (POL) PZL Factory paint
     - (POL) Air Force M-28B/PT 0221
     - (POL) Border Guard M28-05 SAR SN60YG
     - (POL) NAVY M-28B1-RM 0810

- (UKR) Antonov Airlines UR-NTE (added in 1.1.1007)

- (USA) MC-145A 00321

Variants include, by plane:
An-28/BRYZA (CLP)
     - An-28 Cargo
     - An-28 Passenger
     - An-28 TD
     - An-28-1R "Bryza"

M-28/MC-145 (CLP)
     - M-28 Cargo
     - M-28 Passenger
     - M-28B / PT
     - M-28-05 SAR
     - M-28B-1RM "Bryza Bis"
     - MC-145A "Coyote"
     - MC-145B SOMA "Wily Coyote" 

The MC-145B SOMA variant can also be equipped with:
     - AGM-114
     - M-260 HYDRA rockets
     - External fuel tanks

Note: there is a "CARGO" slot included with no payload options currently. This is reserved for future development to allow loading paratroops, paradrop cargo, etc.

As always, this is my artistic representation based on photos of the actual aircraft / my modeling skills, and not necessarily 100% accurate. Furthermore, as multiple variants have been combined into "all-in-one" packages some variants may possess capabilities that are not realistic (ie. detection capabilities, countermeasures, etc.)

known bugs:
-- prop blur remains after engine destroyed
-- An-28 engine sounds "odd"

===========================

Installation:
unzip the files and copy the entire contents of the 'Mods' folder in the zip file to your DCS user files folder, example:
C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

(You should end up with a "CLP_M28_SKYTRUCK" folder under Mods/aircraft, example:
"C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\CLP_M28_SKYTRUCK\")

----------------

To UNINSTALL:
simply delete the "CLP_M28_SKYTRUCK" folder from the above location (Do NOT delete the entire 'Mods' folder as this will remove any other mods you may have installed)

===========================

Changelog:

v1.1.1007:  added UKR livery; modified props/damage model; modified textures; modified flight performance; other appearance bug fixes

v1.0.0813: Initial Public Release

CLP_M28_USER_GUIDE3a.jpg

CLP_M28_USER_GUIDE1.jpg

CLP_M28_USER_GUIDE2.jpg

TLDR

After reading an article about the "Wily Coyote", I decided it would be a good subject for my 1st aircraft modeling attempt in DCS. Although I learned a lot from the experience, the result was something that I was not satisfied with. Furthermore, as I learned more about the aircraft and it's history I wanted to expand to other variants. As such, after a little more experience in modding, I decided to go back and make a 2nd attempt at modeling the MC-145 and different variants of the An-28/M-28. As with all my mods, I attempted to balance enough detail to make it immersive and somewhat realistic with the fact that it is basically a "NPC" (AI) that should NOT be resource heavy to the detriment of performance in the game. That means that this is a bit of a hybrid "all-in-one". I decided not to make separate assets for each variant. Instead, I broke it into 2 for this release. The An-28 that covers variants produced before 1993 and the M-28 for everything afterwards.

This release is not "complete." I have included a "CARGO" slot which is currently empty. This is intended for future development of paratroopers, paradrop cargo, etc. I'm sure some of you smart folk will realize that the plane model is already set, coded and animated for this use and will plug in your own favorite paratroopers, etc. (if so, and you have a public domain asset that can be shared with the rest of us, please do because I don't know when I will release a model for this. I don't like modeling people - as you have probably noticed from all my mods)

As with my other mods, a simple paint kit will be provided by request (if you ask nicely and I like you). PM me if interested. However, I ask that you share with the community the result of your work.

Although not all variants are ISR, I decided to include it in this thread as I still consider it a part of the "magic collection"

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

• prccowboy changed the title to Cowboy's Magic Collection (AI only AEW&C and ISR mods)
On 3/6/2022 at 8:41 AM, crazyeddie said:

8 Sqn RAF E-7A - which will be based at RAF Lossiemouth. Paint scheme notional, unlikely it will carry any 8 Sqn markings on the tail, and will probably look very similar to the 120 Sqn Poseidon's, which are very plain and rather boring.

Eddie,

Did you notice that they announced the livery design? looking forward to your update 😉

4308D687-ACCC-4E85-9AE656BA537F1BCB-Picture2.png

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 12:28 AM, Geschirre said:

Maybe Ukraine digital camouflage for a Polish lend lease scenario.  Kind of ironic since the An-28 started life in Ukraine.

I haven't ignored your request. I tried a few styles to convert that flanker pixel livery over to a transport - wasn't happy with the result. I will look at it again if I get around to fictional liveries

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 8:02 AM, prccowboy said:

M28 Skytruck / MC-145 Coyote and Antonov AN-28 (AI only) mod by PRCCOWBOY v1.0.0813

Congratulations !
This mod will make DCS missions more exciting.

May I ask you ....
Do you mind drawing fictional or fake skin liveries for your M28 ?
I wonder some fictional paints for M28 gives Nevada / Marianas / SA maps' airports more fun.

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

31 minutes ago, western_JPN said:

Do you mind drawing fictional or fake skin liveries for your M28 ?

There are 100's of An-28 / M-28 operated by dozens of countries; meaning there are still MANY liveries in existence that I have not touched in this release. I am not opposed to fictional skins (released separately), but they are low on my priority list for now.

edit: the 1st on my list of fictional would probably be the paint in the MC-145B promotional material. The actual liveries I've seen on the Wily Coyote were not appealing to me (ex: airline livery from former operator, etc.)

Edited by prccowboy
  • Thanks 1