Catapult Crew Wont hook You Up

HeavyGun1450

This has been a bug for long as I can remember. Basically if any other aircraft are hooked up to any of the 4 catapults, the catapult crew will not let anyone else hook up or guide them to the catapult until the other person launches off the catapult. Can be a big problem in multiplayer when someone goes afk on the catapult and nobody can launch till they leave or launch.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I 99% of time don't play MP, I went in today with a friend just to see especially for you. We saw no problem today (latest OB).

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 3/10/2022 at 12:45 AM, HeavyGun1450 said:

Does anyone know if this bug known and is there a planned fix for it?

Last time it happened to me, I took off anyways just to have any other AI in the mission (ATC, tankers and so on) completely ignore me. That might be related.

Well, it's known by a lot of players, yes.  It's been raised many times on the forum, only to be ignored.  Then a community mod, while locking a thread, told us all that if we had bugs like this we should report them.  This problem in particular has been reported SO many times.  It just continues to be ignored. 

• Like 3

On 2/26/2022 at 10:17 PM, HeavyGun1450 said:

This has been a bug for long as I can remember. Basically if any other aircraft are hooked up to any of the 4 catapults, the catapult crew will not let anyone else hook up or guide them to the catapult until the other person launches off the catapult. Can be a big problem in multiplayer when someone goes afk on the catapult and nobody can launch till they leave or launch.

Was this a daylight operation?

If not: What I repeatedly see in MP is players not being hooked up, because they have all their external lights on in the night/dusk/dawn.
Carrier launch/deck operation is lowlight environment. 

Yes, I found out the hard way. 😄

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

13 hours ago, Feuerfalke said:

If not: What I repeatedly see in MP is players not being hooked up, because they have all their external lights on in the night/dusk/dawn.

I only know about launch procedure connected to external lighting on the Tomcat but not hooking up. Is there some connection to ext. lighting in the Hornet too?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

6 hours ago, draconus said:

I only know about launch procedure connected to external lighting on the Tomcat but not hooking up. Is there some connection to ext. lighting in the Hornet too?

I was told that was a feature of Supercarrier, not connected to a specific airframe. I did not verify this in the F18 though.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

It's absolutely not related to lights.  Happens reliably in the middle of the day.  It's almost impossible to reliably get AI off the boat in multiplayer; it always takes me several runs of the mission to get everything airborne.  Even when you make AI runway spawns so they start on the cat, they'll often just sit there. 

It's been reported for over a year and never acknowledged or addressed.  I would bet this thread will be ignored or locked, just like all the others. 

• Like 4

This has been a long standing problem but it did use to work. They keep ignoring the issue with the claim its because no one can provide a track...probably its because it cant be fixed with a reasonable amount of work and its cheaper to ignore the problem (we gotta make ends meet right)... its a very simple problem that can be quickly reproduced most MP tracks are too big to upload.

The problem is when a tomcat occupies any 1 of the 2 sets of cats a 2nd aircraft of any type will be ignored. This should be easy to repeat you just need 1 tomcat and a second aircraft and multiplayer environment. not sure if the problem extends beyond MP.

Pretty sure if any other plane is on a cat, a tomcat will be ignored if it tries to hook the 2nd cat in that set as well.

-Gun

Edited by Gun Jam
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, 

the problem is we need to see track replays showing an example. 

Often it is due to script's creating issues and when we try to reproduce we can not. 

If you do have a short as possible track replay showing an example please link or attach it here. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Afaik MP tracks are saved automatically in /saved games/dcs/tracks/multiplayer/

unless you disable it by parameter in autoexec.cfg file.

If the file is too big you can upload it using any free file upload site. Then you just share the link.

It'd be best to start MP mission and when the bug shows up wait a minute and exit the game. Find the track and upload.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

well what this means is im going to have to get my buddy on discord, go though the startup then coordinate with him to hook and then quit and get the track. This why no one has provided a track for this issue.

I plan to change that tonight. I'll check that folder to make sure recent tracks are showing up and have a go at it. This has been pissing me off enough with a busy server and half utilized cat system and confused noobs doing donuts on the deck to get that track...

any idea how much time I have before I run over 5mb file size?

Thanks

-Gun

10 hours ago, Gun Jam said:

any idea how much time I have before I run over 5mb file size?

It depends on actions of you and others on the server. Even if it's over 5MB you can still upload it on some other server, ex. https://ufile.io/

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Flappie said:

@Stearmandriver Your track doesn't show any carrier-based aircraft, at least in today's OB.

@Gun Jam I see no aircraft in your track. It looks like a (long) server track. We need short tracks to easily reproduce bugs and show them to devs.

@Flappie My track contains 4 aircraft: an S-3B that starts airborne, and a flight of 3 hornets with one client slot on the boat. Did you play my track file on a dedicated multiplayer server? 

11 hours ago, Flappie said:

No, I didn't. I'll try this.

Thanks... although after some testing tonight, from what I'm seeing this bug might be fixed (at least as it involved Hornets.)  Pure AI flights, and AI wingman of a client lead, all got off the boat reliably every time, no matter how I tried to confuse them haha.  So, looking promising... thanks!