Catapult Crew Wont hook You Up

HeavyGun1450

8 hours ago, Gun Jam said:

Ive never observed the issue occurring with hornets. I see pairs of hornets hook up on SC all the time no issues. Throw a f14 in the mix and things go to hell real quick. 

Prior to the latest patch, AI Hornets in a multiplayer mission would often fail to be recognized and launched by the cat crew, leaving them to block the cat and/or (on waist cats) foul the deck for the entire mission.  It's been an issue for well over a year.  Cautiously optimistic it's been fixed or at least dramatically improved by this latest patch though...

• Thanks 1

The track I last posted is free of scripts its just a quick mission with 2 players a host and a client. The track is from the client side.

The last time I remember tracks playing back correctly was with the a-10 before DCS world...as far as I know tracks have been broken for like a decade. Im just assuming they dont play them back but analyze them other ways... If you create a zip file from them you can open them up and see a folder structure.

@Flappie were you able to get the track to function in a way that would help with this issue? Is there anything else I can provide to help with this??

Thanks.

I had been playing with apache and hind lately. Today I made a try with F-14 & CVN-71 on a 4YA server. 

First launch was succesful. But after I land on the deck and refuel & rearm, crew ignored me all the way. Almost 15 mins I tried all the cat's and more than once, but no luck. During my stupid tours on the deck, many other planes spawned, landed, took off..

Even if you can't make it work properly, at least we should have an option to use non-sc carrier like take off bu pressing U and salute.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No. This affects all aircraft. Pretty easily reproduceable in multiplayer servers. Just go to a multiplayer server, get/wait for someone else to hook up to catapult 1 or 2, then go and try to hook up to the catapult adjacent from them. The ground crew will completely ignore you for hookup until the other player either launches or disconnects from the cat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 2:14 PM, NineLine said:

Is this report only for the F-14?

On 4/7/2022 at 6:04 PM, Flappie said:

No, I couldn't find how to make the server track to work. At this point, that's what I need. I'll ask devs about it.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:31 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

the problem is we need to see track replays showing an example. 

Often it is due to script's creating issues and when we try to reproduce we can not. 

If you do have a short as possible track replay showing an example please link or attach it here. 

thanks

Ok so I managed to get some time to get track files of this issue. I have 4 trackfiles attached in a single player session on a carrier. What I have found is this: in the first track "Both F14's" if a player or ai F14 is hooked up to the cat first, the second F14 (in this case, the me) will be unable to hook up to the cat until the first F14 launches. In the second track "Both FA-18's Catapult launch" if the first FA-18 player/ai is hooked up to the cat first, the second FA-18 (me) can hook up at the same time like it should be with no issue. In "F14 AI and FA18 Player Launch" if the first to hook up to the cat is a F14 and the second is a FA18 (me), I can hook up no issue. In the fourth track "F14 Player and FA18 AI Catapult Launch" if the first to hook up is a FA18, the second F14 (me) cannot hook up until he launches. Another issue I have found is it appears the catapult crew sees the F14A as a FA18 as they do the gesture to retract the launch bar just before launch which you do not do in the F14 (the F14B does not have this issue with the catapult crew).

Both F14's.trk Both FA-18's catapult launch.trk F14 AI and FA18 Player Launch.trk F14 Player and FA18 AI Catapult Launch.trk

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @HeavyGun1450. I've reviewed your tracks and I'me seeing the same thing. Workaround: to avoid issue seen in tracks 1 and 4, take off from CAT3 or 4. It will work.

There are several carrier issues with the biggest birds (F-14 and E-2D). They are seen as "oversize load" by deck crew, which means they won't be greenlighted whenever the sim thinks things could go wrong because of their large width. However, as you demonstrated with tracks 3 and 4, the logic seems somewhat uneven. I'll ask devs about this behaviour.

The issue about F-14s being "seen" as a F/A-18s (raise launch bar signal) was reported earlier.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2022 at 6:53 AM, Flappie said:

There are several carrier issues with the biggest birds (F-14 and E-2D). They are seen as "oversize load" by deck crew, which means they won't be greenlighted whenever the sim thinks things could go wrong because of their large width. 

Some kind of feedback that this is what's going on would be very useful, instead of them just silently denying the launch.

4 hours ago, Inf said:

Some kind of feedback that this is what's going on would be very useful, instead of them just silently denying the launch.

Sometimes you get a message triggered in the top right. Last time I taxied up to CAT4 while 3 was hooked up I got a message saying something to the effect of "CAT 3 is occupied please wait."

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 4:53 PM, Flappie said:

Hello @HeavyGun1450. I've reviewed your tracks and I'me seeing the same thing. Workaround: to avoid issue seen in tracks 1 and 4, take off from CAT3 or 4. It will work.

There are several carrier issues with the biggest birds (F-14 and E-2D). They are seen as "oversize load" by deck crew, which means they won't be greenlighted whenever the sim thinks things could go wrong because of their large width. However, as you demonstrated with tracks 3 and 4, the logic seems somewhat uneven. I'll ask devs about this behaviour.

The issue about F-14s being "seen" as a F/A-18s (raise launch bar signal) was reported earlier.

Flappie, has ED been made aware of this issue, and if so did they have anything to say about it? Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our group uses the SC all the time in MP with F14 & 18 and no ai launches.  For whatever reason it seems to always be randomly bugged.  F14 / F18 issues are always present despite many fixes and well documented in various threads here but often other random bugs appear.  A recent mission was a classic example, 2 hour gameplay, no scripting, no furniture on deck, a respawn 1 hr into mission and the ai refused to launch from CAT1 an F18 indicating wings were up although they were down.... stalemate... respawn and start up again... 10 mins later another F18 no matter how many requests to launch, all CAT ai refused to play, pilot gave up!  2hr point case 3 recovery 5 aircraft, the last took 4 inbound transmissions to get a response and then after correct procedure no carrier runway lights at all despite calls from the LSO.  I stress that these are random.  IMO certainly the most frustrating module in DCS albeit one we cant do without!  

SIGBLOCK.png

Had 17 aircraft on deck last night, spotting the six pack and 4-row, all 4 cats refused to launch aircraft. Completely ruined the fun when people are forced to deck run and some end up in the water to get around this major bug.

Until this is properly fixed, there needs to be some kind of bandaid fix where an F10 option can FORCE a catapult to take you regardless of whatever other logic is used.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• 1 month later...