Joint Russian and English Installs

Gary

This was being discussed late last night and the last message I can find stated that Russian version owners should wait for the ED team to advise if we needed to uninstall that version before installing the English version.

Having just got back from work I have searched and not been able to find the answer...

Can anyone point me to the answer please?

That is, do I need to unistall my Russian version before installing the English one, and if so, which files should be kept and transfered across?

(i.e. pilot log, joystick profile etc, etc)

Sorry to be a pain, but I want to convert over to the English version but dont want to lose data in the process if I can help it.

I'm sure the answe to a fundemental question like this is here somewhere but cant seem to find it.

Maybe EB this could be added to the FAQ for others and delete this thread?

Kind Regards

Gary

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Great thread and great post.

I too have Russian download version installed and am just about to purchase English download version.

I don't care about keeping any files from my Russian installation.

Question is do I need to uninstall Russian version before installing the English one?

Thanks in advance!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

English Version installs to a different directory anyway

C:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics (English install Dir)

and not

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C ( Russian install Dir)

I Can't see any problem.,although i did uninstall my Russian Ver first.,and probably didn't need to though.

K10N780SLIX3-WiFi Motherboard,

Phenom II 940 Black Edition, @ 3.0-3.4 Ghz.

G.SKILL 4GB SDRAM DDR2 1066,

OCZ Vertex 2 3.5" 90GB SATA II (SSD),

2 X MSI N450GTS CYCLONE 1GD5/OC450 SLI'd

TrackIR 5, ver 5.1 final drivers | Saitek X52 Pro

240 Gig HD | Claro Plus++ sound card | Win7_64

Can´t speak for anyone but myself, but here´s how I did it today:

I´ve had the russian DL-version for around 3 weeks installed in

F:\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\...

F:\Eagle Dynamics\ is empty except for the "Ka-50" folder.

Prior to installing the newly downloaded english version, I created new folder "BS_RU" in F:\Eagle Dynamics\ and droped the old Ka-50 folder in that new one.

Then I modified the two BS desktop links to include the new path F:\Eagle Dynamics\BS_RU\Ka-50\ and renamed them both to something like "Black Shark RU (/MP)".

Tried and tested the modification, then installed the new english version.

No problems there, you get a new "Ka-50" folder in F:\Eagle Dynamics\ which leads now to the english BS, and you get two new default desktop icons.

The only specialty was that when activating the english BS, the serial entry field already offered by default to use the old serial of the russian version. I had to delete and replace it with the newly acquired serial of the english download.

After install, I copied my setting and hardware profiles and my edited missions from the russian to the english BS folders and I was ready to go.

Both installs work like a charm, I´m currently enjoying finally the training videos which I had to skip before due to my bad (read: non-existant) Russian.

Don´t anybody blame me if this doesn´t work for you as well.

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Thanks for the replies guys...

This is a very nervous time right now (I'm downloading as I type this) as I have a working copy on my HD (Russian version) and I'm really worried that installing the English version will leave me with nothing working properly!

Therefore I'd really appreciate official guidence on how to make the transiion smoothly whilst retaining some data if thats possible please.

Regards,

Gary

I have both at the same time in my hard drive. No problem at all at the moment.

Esac,

Thats good to know...

Did you just go ahead and install or did you have to change anything?

Also,

Did you copy across any files, and if so, which ones specifically from where to where? (although I assume from Russian directory name to the same name in English version)

Regards,

Gary

Yes, it worked for me, as I stated above.

I copied:

...\Ka-50\BlackShark\w1.lua (my "Options: Save Settings" profile)

...\Ka-50\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\joystick\ (all .lua's except default.lua)

...\Ka-50\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\keyboard\ (all .lua's except default.lua)

...\Ka-50\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\mouse\ (all .lua's except default.lua)

...\Ka-50\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\trackir\ (all .lua's except default.lua)

and

...\Ka-50\Missions\ (my personal missions)

to their counterpart folders in the new english install.

That's it.

BTW, @ ED:

The plural of "aircraft" is "aircraft", not "aircrafts".

And the summary term for airports, airfields, airbases etc. is "aerodromes", not "airdromes".

Edited by Woodstock

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

I didnt cross any files at all. Only copy and paste the modificated lines using Notepad++.

( My own radio station with the music was the only cross files, the rest were modified by hand using the russian changed ones as a guide )

Both installs ( russian and english ones ) straight forward without any change about from the default ones.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I just installed the English version without uninstalling the Russian version with no problems. One thing I have found is that the unstable X52pro effects I had in the Russian version have now gone (there have been several posts about this), and I have had to modify my SST profile to the way I normally program it (ie HUD only view being "Left Alt + F1" is now "Left Alt + F1" instead of "F1 + Left Alt".

If someone is wondering "why keep both" it may be worth considering that future releases may be staggered in a similar fashion to the release of Black Shark in that the Russian version is released some 6 weeks before the localised western version. If you're anything like me, you're already drooling at the prospect of the A10C being released in approx 9 months (OK, take the ERD with a pinch of salt), but is that 9 months from now or from 17 Oct? If it is staggered, then I will be getting the Russian version first, which may only be compatible with a Russian install of Black Shark.

PS: Thankyou ED for this outstanding product thats sets the new standard for everyone else to strive towards, you can count on my continued support of your hard work in the future; my Christmas has come early this year!

I just installed the English version without uninstalling the Russian version with no problems. One thing I have found is that the unstable X52pro effects I had in the Russian version have now gone (there have been several posts about this), and I have had to modify my SST profile to the way I normally program it (ie HUD only view being "Left Alt + F1" is now "Left Alt + F1" instead of "F1 + Left Alt".

If someone is wondering "why keep both" it may be worth considering that future releases may be staggered in a similar fashion to the release of Black Shark in that the Russian version is released some 6 weeks before the localised western version. If you're anything like me, you're already drooling at the prospect of the A10C being released in approx 9 months (OK, take the ERD with a pinch of salt), but is that 9 months from now or from 17 Oct? If it is staggered, then I will be getting the Russian version first, which may only be compatible with a Russian install of Black Shark.

PS: Thankyou ED for this outstanding product thats sets the new standard for everyone else to strive towards, you can count on my continued support of your hard work in the future; my Christmas has come early this year!

Since they (Rus and rest of world edition) both are 1.0 releases i don't see why the next module should be compatible to the russian version before the western. only change o western version over rus is some mission work and training. code should be the same.

...I think...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Transition completed. Thanks for all the help. I managed to keep my previous missions, pilot log, hotas and tir files.

I done a little lua tweaking (water and effects) reduced the resolution lightly down to 1280x768 and FPS are very good now.

Managed to complete first few missions in the campaign...so again, thanks to everyone who helped

Regards,

Gary

I'm having the same problem too, I installed to seperate directorys and it disabled the key for my Russian version :mad: .Hard to reactivate, not sure what buttons to use in the starforce popup to reactivate it on the RU version it's shoing my key but I click the top box in the dialogue window and no go. I hope that I dont end up in a never ending loop of the english and russian versions deactivating eachother. It shouldn't I paid for 2 seperate products and 2 seperate keys.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit