Can we expect any new features in the future?

Digitalvole

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Digitalvole said:

I don’t think the Hornets been abandoned, I just think its time for an official update on what the plan is. 

ED scores:

Making amazing modules 9/10, communicating with there customers 3/10 😉 

Work is in progress, all projects still open are being worked on from last year, we tell you it will take time, and when we have information to share we will share it. The information will not come until we are ready to share it. Some people keep repeating the same questions and they expect a different answer.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/5/2022 at 7:43 PM, hanab said:

I know the answer of ED « when we have new, we will share it » or « EA take time, be patient » or « if you are not happy with EA, don’t buy it and wait »

No more 

16 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Work is in progress, all projects still open are being worked on from last year, we tell you it will take time, and when we have information to share we will share it. The information will not come until we are ready to share it. Some people keep repeating the same questions and they expect a different answer.

thanks

Cool ! I had already guessed Ed's answer.

Maybe i should apply to be CM 😉

• ED Team
Just now, hanab said:

Maybe i should apply to be CM 

you dont have the patience for it

• Like 10

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

I’d respectfully suggest if ED’s customers keep repeating the same questions maybe ED should take notice and change tack a little (by which I mean with there communication practices not development practices). 🧐

We are patient, we do understand the ups and downs, we do love your products. We don’t like it when we feel like naughty children in a classroom being told to be quite or ignored. We are paying customers. I’m really not as annoyed as all that makes me sound, but I think it’s true non the less.

It really can feel like “it’s our way or the highway” sometimes. Which I suppose it is until there is competition in the market.

Why I think, on occasion, ED shoots them self in the foot with this stuff is because all it takes is a quick update on the state of things from someone like Wags when widespread speculating starts on something that was supposed to happen now not happening, to give one example. It would take minutes, surely. And then problem solved!

No one likes being left in the dark and we all know rampant internet speculation is rarely a good thing.

Example: MSI. Just tell ppl one way or the other what’s happening and “Poof” speculation over and we can all move on happy (or not) in the knowledge we now know where we all stand. It’s probably not that simple but it can’t be rocket science hard.

Especially considering the business model ED has adopted I’d say good comms is vital, if this was a developer releasing a different game into EA on steam there’d need a pretty good explanation as to why anyone should buy there third or fourth title when the first one they’d purchased still isn’t finished.

The Hornet is on the back burner for a while, that’s fine. No problem, and I’m sure 99% of us understand why that is and are mostly ok with that. My frustration mainly stems from how easy it would be to avoid these things in the first place rather than anything that is or isn’t coming to the module.

Anyway, I will remain a loyal customer and truly am very grateful to ED for all there hard work and the fantastic end products. That doesn’t stop me from being a bit mystified by the companies communication policies with its customers sometimes. It’s like having a partner you really love but there not that into you. 😉

One more thing, let’s not take any of this stuff personally. I’m talking to a company as one of its customers about how maybe it could handle one aspect of its business a bit better in future. That’s all. 😁👍

Most successful companies welcome this kind of thing, blimey I get asked to fill in a customer satisfaction survey every time I buy anything online!

(Crikey that was a long one, I clearly have to much time in my hands today!)

Edited by Digitalvole
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

I’d respectfully suggest if ED’s customers keep repeating the same questions maybe ED should take notice and change tack a little (by which I mean with there communication practices not development practices). 🧐

We are patient, we do understand the ups and downs, we do love your products. We don’t like it when we feel like naughty children in a classroom being told to be quite or ignored. We are paying customers. I’m really not as annoyed as all that makes me sound, but I think it’s true non the less.

It really can feel like “it’s our way or the highway” sometimes. Which I suppose it is until there is competition in the market.

Why I think, on occasion, ED shoots them self in the foot with this stuff is because all it takes is a quick update on the state of things from someone like Wags when widespread speculating starts on something that was supposed to happen now not happening, to give one example. It would take minutes, surely. And then problem solved!

No one likes being left in the dark and we all know rampant internet speculation is rarely a good thing.

Especially considering the business model ED has adopted I’d say good comms is vital, if this was a developer releasing a different game into EA on steam there’d need a pretty good explanation as to why anyone should buy there third or fourth title when the first one they’d purchased still isn’t finished.

Example: MSI. Just tell ppl one way or the other what’s happening and “Poof” speculation over and we can all move on happy (or not) in the knowledge we now know where we all stand. It’s probably not that simple but 

The Hornet is on the back burner for a while, that’s fine. No problem, and I’m sure 99% of us understand why that is and are mostly ok with that. My frustration mainly stems from how easy it would be to avoid these things in the first place rather than anything that is or isn’t coming to the module.

Anyway, I will remain a loyal customer and truly am very grateful to ED for all there hard work and the fantastic end products. That doesn’t stop me from being a bit mystified by the companies communication policies with its customers sometimes. It’s like having a partner you really love but there not that into you. 😉

One more thing, let’s not take any of this stuff personally. I’m talking to a company as one of its customers about how maybe it could handle one aspect of its business a bit better in future. That’s all. 😁👍

Most successful companies welcome this kind of thing, blimey I get asked to fill in a customer satisfaction survey every time I buy anything online!

(Crikey that was a long one, I clearly have to much time in my hands today!)

Early access is a long process, it always will be, the modules we create are years in the making, even before public versions are seen, so trust me when we say we know it can be frustrating, we also have to be patient as a team, development can not go any faster.
Without early access none of this would be possible, the support from the community, the purchases, the bug reports, it all makes a finished project happen, and we will get there in the end, it would be silly to rush a project to completion when we have already put so much time into it. Its best to take the time and get it right. The hornet is already a great module in DCS and we have more features to come, so your support is appreciated.

We share news when a feature is ready, if we share it to early people complain we are teasing, if we dont share news until we are ready people complain progress is to slow, we can not win either way, what we have found is waiting until we have something physical to show is best for us. 

Thanks

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Early access is a long process, it always will be, the modules we create are years in the making, even before public versions are seen, so trust me when we say we know it can be frustrating, we also have to be patient as a team, development can not go any faster.
Without early access none of this would be possible, the support from the community, the purchases, the bug reports, it all makes a finished project happen, and we will get there in the end, it would be silly to rush a project to completion when we have already put so much time into it. Its best to take the time and get it right. The hornet is already a great module in DCS and we have more features to come, so your support is appreciated.

We share news when a feature is ready, if we share it to early people complain we are teasing, if we dont share news until we are ready people complain progress is to slow, we can not win either way, what we have found is waiting until we have something physical to show is best for us. 

Thanks

Thank you Bignewy for the response, and honestly I 100% understand what you are saying. I have no issue with the length of time these modules take. They are mind blowing in there levels of detail! 

I’m really just talking about the companies communications. And though I do see and agree that there is a vocal minority that will quickly put ED in a catch 22, I believe they are just that, a minority, and can ruin things for the rest of us. Holy smokes social media has shown us that “vocal minorities” are doing a good job of wrecking everything, and companies are very careful not to annoy the Twitter lynch mobs.

You can trust that the majority of your fan base are going to stick with you through good and bad.

Again, I do see your point. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Digitalvole said:

Tbh, I don't see the problem in the way ED answers questions, but mostly in the way some(!) people can't respect the answers as a given when they don't like them.

It's always the same. A company (or any organisation) can't comply to all the wishes of its customers - in any regard. The reason is obvious. Therefore they need to establish boundaries. Which ED did. And not only did they do so, they explained their ways over and over again. Honestly - I'm impressed with the patience of people like the CMs here.

EDIT: I certainly(!) could not be a CM - I'd have a heart attack in no time... 😅

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Tbh, I don't see the problem in the way ED answers questions, but mostly in the way some(!) people can't respect the answers as a given when they don't like them.

It's always the same. A company (or any organisation) can't comply to all the wishes of its customers - in any regard. The reason is obvious. Therefore they need to establish boundaries. Which ED did. And not only did they do so, they explained their ways over and over again. Honestly - I'm impressed with the patience of people like the CMs here.

Hmm, though I agree with most of what you said I still think there is room for improvement in certain areas. 

As I mentioned, given ED’s chosen business model I feel communication needs to be better than average to stop things quickly spiralling in some circumstances.

6 hours ago, hanab said:

lol

You are right, I agree with you, I find it difficult to be patient after 4 years for this RSI hornet. 

But why? Are you in a hurry? It's not like it's yesterday's news (speaking about sims) after 6 years.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

3 hours ago, Shimmergloom667 said:

But why? Are you in a hurry? It's not like it's yesterday's news

The issue is that people aren't in a hurry, rather we are worried that systems that require a fundamental rework will simply never going to get fixed because it's cost prohibitive. It has nothing to do with early access, or waiting for anything.

Edited by WobblyFlops
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Try to see it from a different perspective: (Holds true for almost every module in DCS imho!)

Is it perfect? No!

Is it the best simulation of the aircraft and it's systems that has ever been for private customers? Yes.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

42 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Is it the best simulation of the aircraft and it's systems that has ever been for private customers? Yes.

Sure, every developer is limited by certain constraining factors. Even if we don't talk about confidentiality issues or ITAR, it makes sense why DCS modules don't simulate every subsystem or interaction or obscure MFD page. However, I'd be willing to say that the priority should be shipping fewer but fleshed out systems as opposed to many that not only function in an unrealistic manner but also significantly degrade capability. The way to mitigate this, is to select a variant that requires system modelling that's possible based on available resources. If ED had chosen a Desert Storm era F-18C, the vast majority of these issues would not be a factor; no MSI, no datalink, very limited TPOD integration, very limited number of guided weapons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotrod525 said:

We are missing air lunch decoy, firebomb, auto-carrier landing, complete feature for JSOW/JDAM/PwIII... So eventualy yes i guess we will have some new stuff 😛

An air lunch decoy could help a lot of folks who struggle to say 'no' to those extra calories at mid-day-meals. But seriously, as someone who RELISHES landing the Hornet manually on the carrier in all weather, day/night... I'll take a complete, 99% bug-free, fully MSI integrated and working TWS, air-to-air radar before even thinking about anything you've listed above.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

In 2020 there was a poll asking the community which hornet feature they desired the most. At the top of the list it was flight model improvements. As of today it is still WIP. Maybe now that the viper had its FM improved, the hornet is queue next?

I hope that is a reasonable question.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, evilnate said:

In 2020 there was a poll asking the community which hornet feature they desired the most. At the top of the list it was flight model improvements. As of today it is still WIP. Maybe now that the viper had its FM improved, the hornet is queue next?

I hope that is a reasonable question.

I agree the Hornet FM do need so seriously over due attention.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I get that there are some negative people, but they are a vocal minority.

Most of us understand the straggle of developing an EA project.

The only thing most of us need is progress updates, so we can know what to expect, and see how the development of the products we have pre-paid 4 years ago is going. That's really it. We don't need exact dates.

When you see your favorite module, not having any updates for about 9 months and not knowing which features are being worked on, corrected, updated, cancelled, it is reasonable to be asking questions. And it is reasonable for customers to be increasingly suspicious and afraid of a potential abandonment of their module, in favor of newer and more profitable ones.

19 hours ago, hotrod525 said:

We are missing air lunch decoy, firebomb, auto-carrier landing, complete feature for JSOW/JDAM/PwIII... So eventualy yes i guess we will have some new stuff 😛

All of these stuff are low priority, that even if they are not implemented nobody will really care. What makes the F-18 a beast is its MSI and D/L capabilities, which are not at all implemented.

Edited by LaFleur
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

- Hardware: i7 13700K || RTX 4090 || 64Gb DDR5 6000MT/s || 2Tb NVMe || 3440X1440 || Virpil Constellation Alpha Prime || Virpil Wrbrd Base || Virpil T-50CM3 || Winwing PTO 2 || Winwing MIP w/o UFC || Track IR

- Fixed Wing Modules: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-14, M-2000C, JF-17, AV-8B, F-5E, A-10CII, Flaming Cliffs.

- Rotary Wing Modules: UH-1H, AH-64D, SA342

- Terrains: Marianas, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

22 hours ago, wilbur81 said:

But seriously, as someone who RELISHES landing the Hornet manually on the carrier in all weather, day/night...

ACLS isn't used as an autoland but it's the definitive instrument landing system during Case 3 recoveries? Lower minima, reliable data during bad weather operations or pitching deck landings and so on. Mode 1 is extremely rarely used while Mode 2 is used virtually all the time unless there's some kind of malfunction in the system.

Edited by Fromthedeep

• ED Team
7 hours ago, Outlaw24 said:

I agree the Hornet FM do need so seriously over due attention.

We have a ground effect / touch and go issue the team need to resolve, there are no other remaining flight model issues. 
If you think there is a problem please post on the bugs section with any evidence and track replays. 

thank you

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

We have a ground effect / touch and go issue the team need to resolve, there are no other remaining flight model issues. 
If you think there is a problem please post on the bugs section with any evidence and track replays. 

thank you

Does this mean that there will not be any further changes to the pirouette logic and high alpha pitch authority capabilities, as referenced in the bug report marked "investigating"? Or has this already been rectified, and implementation is pending the next patch?

• Like 1

FM at this point should be pretty low on the list of to do, other missing features like a DTC and DL should take priority.  FM is too subjective.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I'll wait to see what knock-on effects this fix has, FMs can be finicky things, lots of things interconnected. However, my main gripes, last time I flew the Hornet, were ballooning on flap deployment, and that the ship wouldn't hold a constant bank angle other than zero. Even the Tomcat, with no FBW, is rock-steady when you put it in a bank, but in the Hornet the angle would creep up, adding extra workload to flying a decent-looking pattern.

DL, I agree, especially since we're getting it for the Viper. DTC is harder, and a job for the core team, because it's not enough to implement it module-side.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 1

• ED Team
22 minutes ago, Mikaa said:

Does this mean that there will not be any further changes to the pirouette logic and high alpha pitch authority capabilities, as referenced in the bug report marked "investigating"? Or has this already been rectified, and implementation is pending the next patch?

Still looking into that, not conclusive currently. We have a different spin recovery fix coming in this patch regarding frozen data. 

• Like 1