Menu button alignment bad?

jg3_dragon

I have an issue with the game menu buttons in settings being out of alignment to the drop down selections. It is keeping me from changing and activating the settings for the sim.

Any help is appreciated. I am on a 22 inch wide screen and the pc is 3gig duo core Intell Processor with 2 gig Corsair dominator 1066fsb. eVga 8800 GT Superclocked. Creative labs Audigy 2 ZS Platinum.

All drivers up to date.

Thanks,

Tim

Hello,

Yes I did. Resolution is set to 1680 x 1024 x 32bit - 16 - 10 ratio for my wide screen. I tried other resolutions and ratio's. Same results.

Game runs fine, IR tracker is not working though.

I am still working on setting and such, but it is hard to set with this mis alignment thing.

Thanks for your post, hope to find a fix.

Tim

Hello,

It seem that the Menu Screen is skewed down. About a 1/2 inch from the top. I had the game load once correctly. the screen was even in all corners.

Went into mission, and it went back. Weird. I also have an issue with the throttle. In the tutorial, the throttle works fine. In the mission. It does not. I have to use the keyboard to throttle up or down. I am using a Microsoft Force Feedback 2.

I am not sure what to do now to get it to function.

Any help will be great.

Thanks,

Tim

Been a frustrating night. 4 hours and no Collective up or down with Joystick, but it works fine in game set up menu. Seems to shut off in game and all I can use is the a or q key to control it. Tried everything I can think of.

Screen is not aligned with buttons in the menus. I am going to bed and hope that a fix can be found. I have been waiting several years for this sim. I wish it was working as it should. I have no issues with Lock On or any other sim I have installed on my PC.

Thanks for the post, check in Friday.

Tim

Try 1680x1050

1680x1024 seems like an odd resolution.

Did you re-assign the collective? The default is usually not the proper axis. Select collective then clear then add then move your throttle to assign the axis.

Edited by Shepski

I meant 1680x1050, still no joy. I am starting to work on the controller throttle now. I will post what happens.

Is there some config file that might have my screen in game acting this way?

It is only in the menu screens. In game the position and buttons are fine.

Thanks for the replies.

Tim

Ok, good news. I have collective working with throttle. Now to work on this menu. I have tryed all the res settings. No go. I still have misaligned menu screen.

I will take any tips or fixes for this, really annoying.

Thanks, Shepski for the help with the throttle.

Tim

My desktop is at the same resolution. I have checked full screen. Exited sim, go back into the sim ...I have unchecked full screen, exit and restart, and back to full screen again. I see no difference between Full screen being checked and unchecked. Makes no change what so ever.

Really strange.

Thanks for helping.

Tim

Here is another screen shot with the settings page. As you see, the screen is shifted down from the top. Look at the lower part of the menu, you can see the buttons partially cut off.

I am trying to give you all the info and what I am experiencing with this sim.

If you need more info, please feel free to ask. I do not have this type of issue with any other programs.

Thanks again,

Tim

05.jpg

Hello,

When I adjust the screen, it moves up, but the buttons stay the same. Off alignment from the selection as I posted. I have a Acre P223w Monitor. As I have said, no other simulation or program does this. I have never had any monitor issues with this unit. It looks sweet. The sim in game looks sweet. Just the menu screen alignment is shifted. It is, too me, a positioning config entry that is incorrect or not reading correctly.

Just my guess with all I have tried, which has been everything listed and then some. I am not a novice by any means. I have beta tested for Steel Beast Pro PE. I have been in the Flight Sim Community for 12 years. I have built mods, made textures for Silent Hunter series, IL2 1946, European Air War back in the day. I just have never seen this either. As you have stated, but I have this issue, and I am working to try and resolve it with no joy.

Hope to hear some input,

Thanks,

Tim

Same issue here running 1920 x1080 --- For me its just the mouse over - the click still works but the mouseover is out of sync

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Here is what I have when set to your suggested settings. you can see I am in WINDOW mode and you can see that the main menu is shifted down and to the left of the screen. The black area is how far off the button alignment is in the sim. I created a take off-landing mission and the menu buttons in the editor where off set also. This is a screen shot of my desktop, so you can see what I am seeing.

Here is a screen shot.

Image001.jpg

I have also checked full screen mode, and no change. In any resolution or aspect ratio.

Thanks for the reply.

Tim

Edited by jg3_dragon