NO proper LSO comms?

Steel Jaw

6 hours ago, jethead said:

Maybe you could head over to the Breifing Room for an explanation.

yep  thats what i did  all i got  was  a lecture  from  the landing  officer

8 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

I call the ball, LSO acknowledges, I see the ball, I land, then I get "no proper comms" and no wire number given.

case 1  or  case 3 landing

7 hours ago, jethead said:

Maybe you could head over to the Breifing Room for an explanation.

Sorry dont follow, is this a joke?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

When exiting a mission you have the opportunity to save what happened as a track file. This is a copy of the actions you took during the mission and allows someone to review what you did. If you still have the issue then attaching the track file removes all doubt.

If you can reproduce that and add it you might either be able to have someone advise or be creating a bug report, I coudlnt really tell or help from the description though.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

16 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

I call the ball, LSO acknowledges, I see the ball, I land, then I get "no proper comms" and no wire number given.

You need to check-in with the boat and declare you're inbound.  Then again, with a "see you at 10" call.  You'll be passed to the tower at that point where they will give you a condition Charlie.  Perform you break and call the ball on approach.  If you don't properly check in, you get the "no proper comms" message.

I am going off memory here, so the steps might be off a bit.  The key is to check in and declare inbound and "see you".

Give that a shot, @Steel Jaw

Edited by Mistermann
  • Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

In short - calling the ball is not all there is to the proper comms. The whole process is explained in the SC manual.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

After departing Marshall i fly to the Radial of the ship (+5 nms) after that i call inbound, then "See you at 10" and at this moment i´m already at the Initial around +6 nms, if you´re at 800 feet and 350kts when you pass the 5 nm mark the tower will give you "Signal is Charlie" and i continue the pattern. No issues here on my end with comms. The point is, i fly always more than the 5 nms mark before i start my inbound call.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 4 weeks later...