Some airplanes are "low poly" models? (in my view)

D-Brando

Hi, I write here because this is the only section where I can start a new topic, sorry about that.
I've this problem: 
Model and texture of my airplane are great and seems it is all right but some of other airplane looks like have something wrong, they are squared and the textures are pixellated like the tanker in the screenshoot or the F-14 on the carrier deck. (For the clouds I've read that the problem was reported).
Any idea of the reason about that?
Thank you in advice.

I've a Lenovo Legion 5, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

No screenshot, I don't understand how I can upload

Senza%20titolo-1.jpg?dl=0

• ED Team

Hi and welcome to the forum. 

We have many older models we have been around for a long time, our intention is to update our older models and this has already started, if you go through our previous newsletters you will see progress. Also our screenshots here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/

To complete them all will take time and require patience from you all. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

43 minutes ago, D-Brando said:

Thank you for the answer i really appreciate, but i saw via youtube some video by Red Kite (for example) were the same airplanes in his video are looks great, so I think the problem is mine. 

The S-3B is currently definitely a low poly model and a new 3d model is in development. If you saw a high poly version in Red Kites videos then that might be a mod.s3.jpg

Also, some planes have different 3d models with different variants, the F-14 for example:

f14.jpg

f14b.jpg

Edited by Nick_17
  • Like 1

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2