Will we get the TISEO (Target Identification System, Electro Optical) and Pave spike?

HEXO

7 minutes ago, HEXO said:

yeah i was wrong

No worries 🙂

But it looks like the F-4E did have interrogation capability.

From KlarSnow's comments, it looks like earlier on, it was the AN/APX-76 and then later on the AN/APX-80/81 which seems to be based on the -76.

Though as for your OP, Pave Spike will be present on the earlier DSCG variant, and it looks like TISEO will be present on the later DMAS variant, though that's further away, as said, it's almost identical to the TCS in the Tomcat.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

No worries 🙂

But it looks like the F-4E did have interrogation capability.

From KlarSnow's comments, it looks like earlier on, it was the AN/APX-76 and then later on the AN/APX-80/81 which seems to be based on the -76.

Though as for your OP, Pave Spike will be present on the earlier DSCG variant, and it looks like TISEO will be present on the later DMAS variant, though that's further away, as said, it's almost identical to the TCS in the Tomcat.

ok thanks 😅

Phantoms Phorever!

F4.jpeg

Yeah I cant find any definitive source but some googling seems to show that the APX-76 was around from 1967 onwards, and it was only (initially) installed in F-4's so I'd assume that potentially any/every US F-4 from 1967 onwards has IFF interrogator capability.

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2022 at 7:05 AM, KlarSnow said:

Yeah I cant find any definitive source but some googling seems to show that the APX-76 was around from 1967 onwards, and it was only (initially) installed in F-4's so I'd assume that potentially any/every US F-4 from 1967 onwards has IFF interrogator capability.

Short answer - yes they did (and very useful it was!).

Long answer - I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you ;^)

Vulture

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Kirk66 said:

Short answer - yes they did (and very useful it was!).

Long answer - I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you ;^)

Vulture

I mean with the "fidelity" that IFF systems are actually modeled in DCS (like basically none), I don't think this is a real problem, most modules its on/off and then it magically tells you if its friendly or "enemy" (there of course being no neutrals). 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).