2 campaign for DCS BS English versions - ONLY FOR XP!!!

zika1234

Why there are listed 2 campaign that works only in win xp? They are not compatible with Vista - why is that?

Probably because of the memory handling of Vista. Too many units on those campaigns. I think they will work just like any other campaign, but you may encounter stuttering so bad that it's almost unplayable.

I have Vista too and i'm going to try that campaign no matter what. ;)

Edited by RapidFir3

Callsign Lycanthrope79

I think that they are playable on vista, it was only put there in case you experience problems while playing as vista has some problems with those campaigns.

Try playing it with a few of the settings turned down.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Because Vista sucks and blows?

Sorry; cheap shot I just couldn't resist.

No! -you have no clue at all...

-It's because Vista is too advanced for the common users,

and up to now no hardware manufacture took the time to build a PC that rally fits to the needs of Microsoft.

And who needs third party software developers when you have a running Vista setting...?!

Edited by urze
  • Like 1

Vista has better memory management than XP, and in my expereince, is a better OS overall.

Did I read the above correctly (I can't access SimHQ from work)? They didn't include these extra missions because of memory handling in Vista? How do they figure? This extra campaign utilizes more than 6 or 12 GB or more of RAM on a 64-bit machine........How is that?

Blaming the OS. lol

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I don't think the issue is with the amount of memory. It might have to do with the fact that when Vista allocates memory it allocates at random areas of memory. It does this to mitigate security issues with buffer overflows. I'm just speculating here but maybe it's the extra overhead related to that feature which might be causing the problem. I don't know.

Who knows, for most people now that drivers and SP1 has stabilized things somewhat it won't be as much of an issue as it was in the past.

-- CoolHand

They didn't include these extra missions because of memory handling in Vista?

Everything is included. ED just added a disclamer about possible Vista-related issues when playing the large campaign, based on some of the testing results. You may not even experience any issues, depending on your machine and game settings, but just in case, ED warned you ahead of time.

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Everything is included. ED just added a disclamer about possible Vista-related issues when playing the large campaign, based on some of the testing results. You may not even experience any issues, depending on your machine and game settings, but just in case, ED warned you ahead of time.

Ahh, ok. Thanks, Evil. :)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348