Which airfield am I heading to?

paulferris

Hi all,

enjoying re-learning the Su-25A.

In Return mode, how do I know which airfield - other than the take-off and landing fields - I am heading towards (ie, 'Airfield 3')? Do they cycle through based on nearest to furthest, or in a set order? If the latter, does anyone have a list of the order in which the Caucuus fields cycle?

Many thanks

Paul

4 minutes ago, paulferris said:

So the first one will be 01 Anapa-Vityazevo, no matter where I am located, and they will cycle in order?

ID always point to the corresponding airfield but the cycle may start at different airfield, ie. the one set for landing in ME. Yes IDs cycle in order with next/previous waypoint when in return/landing mode.

The list in the radio comms > ATC menu is ordered by distance.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

In the air, near Kutaisi, the next field is Kobuleti (#13), but that may be because it is also my landing field in the mission? After that, it seems to cycle to Mineralnye Vody (#15), and so on.

I guess the golden rule is to check with the ruler on the F10 map!

Best is to stick to the flight plan 🙂 but if you have to divert, what I do is: ask the ATC to the other field for Inbound, they say distance to the initial and heading of the runway. With that I cycle the waypoint in the return/landing mode and check which one fits the numbers. Can get messy in Tbilisi area but you don't need the map or ID list then.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria