For those who dont buy the module.....

Cantankerous

Am I right in thinking that if you have not bought the F4 (when it comes out) that the Phantom models flown by the AI will be upgraded ? Right now they are very old and low res. That seems to be the case with other planes...

Obviously you would need to have an updated DCS release to change them.

Thanks in advance !

C

27 minutes ago, Cantankerous said:

Am I right in thinking that if you have not bought the F4 (when it comes out) that the Phantom models flown by the AI will be upgraded ?

unlikely, they will be kept as is so that older missions and campaigns will not be affected. What you will get is a new version of the F-4, that you will be able to use as AI even if you dont own the new module. It’s similar to what happened with the Hornet and Tomcat.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Cantankerous said:

Am I right in thinking that if you have not bought the F4 (when it comes out) that the Phantom models flown by the AI will be upgraded ? Right now they are very old and low res. That seems to be the case with other planes...

Obviously you would need to have an updated DCS release to change them.

Thanks in advance !

C

It would work just like any other module. Right now if you look at the F/A-18 you have two versions the F/A-18C which is the ancient model and the F/A-18C lot 30 which is the module.

AI F-18A and C models aren't actually that bad, and do well as static objects and AI aircraft, to avoid bogging performance down too much. Phantoms, OTOH, are horrible, they looks like they came from Flanker 2.0. I don't think we'll see much of them once the new Phantom is out.

• Like 1