Controls Indicator(s) Query

Toni Carrera
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I am sure I have also seen this, or a sort of version of it, a set of indicators in the Hind on the top-right of the screen

image.png

Obviously exclude the clock and arrows from YouTube, but how do you get those to appear in a helicopter. I have the RCTRL + Enter for the normal red square with cyclic, throttles axis display over on the left, but how do you get the set as above to appear?

Thank you

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

I am running multi monitor, but they do not appear on any other my screens, which I know for sure. Is it dependent on the module

For example, I play the UH-60L a lot, so would they have need to program that element to appear?

I have just tested it with the SA-342, UH-1 and KA-50, and it does not appear anywhere on my monitors. Although I have 6 monitors, I only run DCS on my main central screen. I get the standard Red box on the left, but nothing else anywhere

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

29 minutes ago, Toni Carrera said:

I am running multi monitor, but they do not appear on any other my screens, which I know for sure. Is it dependent on the module

For example, I play the UH-60L a lot, so would they have need to program that element to appear?

I have just tested it with the SA-342, UH-1 and KA-50, and it does not appear anywhere on my monitors. Although I have 6 monitors, I only run DCS on my main central screen. I get the standard Red box on the left, but nothing else anywhere

Toni

Those are for the autopilot channels in the Mi-8 and Mi-24. None of the other helicopters use the same autopilot/trimming system so they won't have those indicators.

Those Indicator are only for the Hind and Hip to show what the channels of the autopilot system are doing for the pitch, roll and yaw. For the other Helos you will only get the red box. 

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah OK, I guess that is why we are getting it on the AH-64D

Thank you

Toni

• Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Can someone explain to me the obvious differences in the controls indicator (not the AP-channels) to the Hip e.g.

Those boxes and the double symbol for the position of the controls (yellow and green).

Is this raw input vs. smoothed by computer augmentation?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Wow, did not expect him to reply to that

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

21 minutes ago, Norsegunar said:

unknown.png

Wags' reply on the video about those

Ah ok, that‘s what I thought. Thank you!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 4 weeks later...

ok, but if you have two  external MFD screens ?  how do you setup the control indicator to appears on your main top left screen ????

because in order to have two MFD screens or three you would need to setup the .LUA file which is 5440x1600 instead of the original middle screen (main)...   so when i press the control indicator ON it appears on my LEFT MFD external screen ???   

I know which file to change for the FA18, F16, and F14 but for the AH-64D where is that file ???  any tips ??

thank you

Capture.PNG

Edited by mouaherbert

Still does not explain why we saw the original video from Wags had the different set of indicators in the top-right, which he said in response to my YouTube that we would also have these on display

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

• ED Team
  • Solution
On 3/2/2022 at 6:34 PM, Toni Carrera said:

I am sure I have also seen this, or a sort of version of it, a set of indicators in the Hind on the top-right of the screen

image.png

Obviously exclude the clock and arrows from YouTube, but how do you get those to appear in a helicopter. I have the RCTRL + Enter for the normal red square with cyclic, throttles axis display over on the left, but how do you get the set as above to appear?

Thank you

Toni

Will be in the next patch, press controls indicator keybind twice and they will show. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2