USAF and International F-16V Variants As A New Module

Dawgboy

17 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

Depends on your perspective. I have fairly high confidence we'll see a more modern F-16 (and even an F-35) in a high fidelity combat flight sim someday. It may not be for another decade or more, and it may not be DCS, but someday it'll happen. We just have to be (very) patient. 

And for some of us, live long enough.  

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is an interesting mod, similar subject:

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, scommander2 said:

Is there a F-16V development?

Not by ED or any 3rd party at least.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Getting a full fidelity F-15 would be nice too, then we could have the International versions... F-15I to Isreal, and the F-15SA to Saudi Arabia, the newest SA's are some of the most advanced F-15's out there.  Why we don't have a fully clickable F-15 is beyond me.  Maybe they can make the E into a single seater with a Mod. 

:drinks_cheers:

Sempre Fortis

My views on on multiple modules of the same aircraft is rather simple. My willingness to pay full price depends on the interest in the aircraft, how different I perceive them to be, and the cost. I'll be blunt, More F-teens, especially newer versions aren't that high on my wish list. The American aircraft I want to see the most all entered service prior to 1972 especially those that saw action in Korea and Vietnam. As for 4th generation fighters, I'm more interested in foreign ones especially what ever Chinese and Russian ones we can get, no matter how we get them(flyable if possible AI if not). A lot of work can be done in parallel, and ED has to do what they think the community will buy, so at the bare minimum if we are to get the F-16V then can we at least get the latest RedFor fighters in the form of AI and don't forget about earlier eras either?

On 3/9/2022 at 12:04 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

I'd rather have an F-16A. Modern, MFD-heavy modules take ages to finish and the main challenge is memorizing the switchology. F-35 could probably be flown by a monkey trained to follow checklists. Old birds, you have to actually fly. I've been a big Viper fan since I was a teenager, but these days, the Tomcat won me over because of that. The A model Viper would be a lot like Mirage 2000, another bird I like a lot, in that it's just old enough not to be overly complex, and just new enough to be easy to fly. So give me Fox 2s, the dinky radar, and the analog FLCS. 🙂 

At 42:16 in the below video Israel's top Ace expresses the same sentiment about older figthter jets and new ones. I was very impressed by how stable and easy the F-16C is to fly at the limit but it still lacked the character and feel that the F-14 has. Even though we can't feel the G-forces in a simulator the Tomcat is able to communicate the stresses it is sustaining. That feed back is what makes the experience more realistic for me.

But I can understand the need for a slightly upgraded F-16CM if its feasible. The Mirage 2000C community has also been crying for the 2000-5 upgrade.

On 3/9/2022 at 4:57 AM, Northstar98 said:

As far as going more modern, I'm only really interested in an M6.1/6.2 spec F-16CM, circa mid 2010s, which AFAIK, would include the following:

Sensors:

• AN/APG-68(V)9

Weapons:

• AIM-120D AMRAAM P3I.4 (AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM P3I.3 is from 2007, so might actually be appropriate for our current aircraft, C-5 on the other hand is from 2003).
  • ADM-160B MALD (active + passive radar enhancement)
  • ADM-160C MALD-J (OECM)
  • AGM-158A JASSM
  • AGR-20 APKWS II
  • GBU-39/B SDB
  • GBU-54(V)1/B LJDAM [Mk82]

Other notable features:

• AGCAS (Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System).

With that said, I doubt we'll ever see it, and that the current aircraft is the latest and greatest they can feasibly do and besides, without complementary REDFOR (which seems to be a non-starter), I'm less in favour of it compared to say, a pre-CCIP Block 40, or an A Block 15 (which would be the perfect counterpart to the 9-12 MiG-29 ED hopes to develop).

did usaf ever actually put adopt APG68 v9 upgrade?  There was huge debate over this many times, and it wasn't verified.

i thought that was only by export users. whilst USAFvipers continued flying with apg68 V5 until present day when they started getting AESA's.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

44 minutes ago, Kev2go said:

did usaf ever actually put adopt APG68 v9 upgrade?  There was huge debate over this many times, and it wasn't verified.

i thought that was only by export users. whilst USAFvipers continued flying with apg68 V5 until present day when they started getting AESA's.

You're probably right, I'll edit the above post.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Kev2go said:

Have never found any info on what specific radar the Active Duty F-16s are sporting. I'd be alittle surprised they'd still be using the V5 radar although with COIN being the primary mission for the last 20 years, maybe it shouldn't surprise then that TGPs would receive the higher priority over a radar upgrade.

Edited by CarbonFox

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3