Some difficulties getting started...

Jyge

I flew the first missions and I got the code for the next one. I did not get a proper screenshot for all the details, but I would see it this way. For me SEAD, Trimmer and Fish CAP over Alpha? and Bravo. Hooters and Pickles also SEAD.

Target coordinates 42 34' 57.76278"N 41 51'05.82007"E - it seems to be a bridge north of Zugdidi or so...

So I started, I dragged my WP2 over that bridge. Apparently I can not change the assignment here in mission editor, but I selected the armament according to that list.

So I think I got everything right on the deck and we got launched. I flew towards WP2 but I never got anything from SAMs, so I could not hit anything. There were red troops on that bridge, I do not know what they were but they did not want to shoot me. Flying around I got some handheld SAMs after me but that's that. Not once RWR from SAM. At some point my wingman got creased by a handheld as I was mooching around on deck and I then quit the mission because it was a road to nowhere.

What did I do wrong? Should I have taken just some MAVs instead of HARMs and blasted, whatever was there on the bridge to bits? Does this campaign work properly? I saw some disturbing posts, for example like SAMs not shooting, depending on update, but the posts go almost a year back?

Screen_220123_133747.png

Edited by Jyge

• Jyge changed the title to Some difficulties getting started...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I played about five (5) stage 2 missions now, the Progress Code is always different, the strike target is always the 37T GH 34228 18438 where I destroy the three BMPs, the bridge and the INF on the bridge... There're no SAM RWRs and nobody except for the enemy fighters are attacking at all. What changes from mission is  time of day, but that seems to be it.

So it seems that everything is broken in the latest version of DCS Beta.

Same problem here, I just did the first mission of the Stage 2 , no SAM at all , no search radar active .

Here is the codes I received

After mission 1 Stage 1 : HEEAEE

After mission 1 Stage 2 : JEJAHC

The sead packages did nothing at all, I managed to do the strike mission, my CAP packages did their jobs

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm starting this campaign and finished the first mission (stage 1). At the end of the mission, I received the code "HEEFEE" and a coords for the strike mission (42 34' 57.76278 N / 41 51'05.82007 E). But, when I started the next mission (stage 2), I received a different coordinates: 42 35'02.98507 N / 41 50' 54.39363 E). 

Is there anything broken? Which are the correct ones? I'm a bit lost in this campaign.

Thanks.

Hey splash, once you move to the next mission and submit your code you get the mission briefing and the coordinates for your strike. After a few seconds a red circle appears in F10 map, marking your strike target. 

I will recheck the two coordinates and let you know. 

• Like 1

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

• 1 month later...

How is this going on. I have still these very same problems with op. pontus (HEEFEE code). Caps doing their job, when ever my wingman hits a target on the ground windows desktop gets me somekind of script error message (but dcs goes on when pressing ok :P). Is the sead "search" waypoint supposed to be so far south. They aret told from very beginning to go circle south from zone itself. Is it supposed to be so. But I would like to know does this campaing even work, for now, just that I wouldnt waste time with broken campaing, if it is broken. There is just much "little weird-o-mobs" (errors / weird things happenig) in the campaign. Is it under work or is it just halted to condition that it is now. also my wingman is doing stuff pretty weirdly THOUGH doing what i ask him to do. He tends to get target far out somewhere and fly around low, getting all the manpads after him and finally usually just drops his weapons. Ok I destroyed the bridge, but after that it is kinda "ok maby i RTB nothings happening". CAP is doing their stuff well, so well that I dont have to do anything. Is the strike target ALWAYS the bridge as mentioned here? Anyways, are you guys going to fix op. pontus or not? Or is it working as intented, but it just is how it is? That new dynamic campaign had some real action, though it seemed fast also to repeat and repeat itself (though going forward, but still.). I really like the idea of SP dynamic campaing, but it seems there just comes new code and after that it pretty much repeats itself. Daytime is changing randomly ofc (as it should if i understand correctly). But... ?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 8:56 PM, Wiggo said:

How is this going on. I have still these very same problems with op. pontus (HEEFEE code). Caps doing their job, when ever my wingman hits a target on the ground windows desktop gets me somekind of script error message (but dcs goes on when pressing ok :P). Is the sead "search" waypoint supposed to be so far south. They aret told from very beginning to go circle south from zone itself. Is it supposed to be so. But I would like to know does this campaing even work, for now, just that I wouldnt waste time with broken campaing, if it is broken. There is just much "little weird-o-mobs" (errors / weird things happenig) in the campaign. Is it under work or is it just halted to condition that it is now. also my wingman is doing stuff pretty weirdly THOUGH doing what i ask him to do. He tends to get target far out somewhere and fly around low, getting all the manpads after him and finally usually just drops his weapons. Ok I destroyed the bridge, but after that it is kinda "ok maby i RTB nothings happening". CAP is doing their stuff well, so well that I dont have to do anything. Is the strike target ALWAYS the bridge as mentioned here? Anyways, are you guys going to fix op. pontus or not? Or is it working as intented, but it just is how it is? That new dynamic campaign had some real action, though it seemed fast also to repeat and repeat itself (though going forward, but still.). I really like the idea of SP dynamic campaing, but it seems there just comes new code and after that it pretty much repeats itself. Daytime is changing randomly ofc (as it should if i understand correctly). But... ?

Hey Wiggo, the error message was fixed in the latest operation Pontus update, if it remerged with the latest DCS update we will fix it and upload new files to ED. 

Unfortunately in wingman related issues there is nothing we can do since these are DCS AI related. 

Does SEAD packages perform the same action regardless their payload? For ex if they are loaded with HARMS and there are no ground radar contacts they will not be able to perform their duty. 

Regardless the code you are using are you always asked to hit the bridge? 

Kind regards petritis 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

14 hours ago, petritis said:

Hey Wiggo, the error message was fixed in the latest operation Pontus update, if it remerged with the latest DCS update we will fix it and upload new files to ED. 

Unfortunately in wingman related issues there is nothing we can do since these are DCS AI related. 

Does SEAD packages perform the same action regardless their payload? For ex if they are loaded with HARMS and there are no ground radar contacts they will not be able to perform their duty. 

Regardless the code you are using are you always asked to hit the bridge? 

Kind regards petritis 

Oooh! Very Nice. Have kinda waited that I can get back to Op. Pontus! Thank you! Atleast customer service gets 5/5 feedback in this case. Rarely I can talk straight to makers of content of a game. And thats I think what is best in DCS community. 

And what comes to those SEAD probs, dont really know. I played umm 3(?) missions, with those error messages, and did not really bother to test it out with different "settings" yet. I can write back about that, when done some playing. Thanks again. Hope you guys get it workin, so far have had great fun with op pontus and flaming sunrise (both F/A-18C dynamic SP´s). I KNOW both will be fun, when one just gets "doing new stuff in the beginning" to muscle memory, and campaing going "to its rails". Had great time also with Flaming Sunrise. The idea of these are pretty much near working. It seemed much at first try, and second, and maby third.. but when i got into it-> best action i have had in DCS SP. So keep it up. These is pretty much "nearly there", and still i feel already they were totally worth the money. When these really gets rolling, heck I could even pay more (compared to normal SP DLC campaing). 👍

Edited by Wiggo