Client/server desync with IR missiles and flares

Rissala

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Happened to me today with an Igla. The missile go to my flare and continue straight above me, but I explode an instant later.

It doesn't happen with IR missile only. I saw it with radar guided missile too. Many time I saw for exemple a SA-2 to kill me whereas I saw him pass by far.

Very annoying to defend a missile that is not really in the position you see it.

In fact a lot of weapons (missiles, bombs...) are desync in MP currently.

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, now I have track file. Still differs from reality (when working with Petrovich) but at least shows same bug I had in game.

https://dropmefiles.com/1yvah

At the end of the track Mi-24 goes behind the hill, Avenger fires missile - missile hits the hill(!), Mi-24 is hit like missile just went through the hill...

Video fragment:

Edited by firimar

Thanks for the track and video, but I'm not sure I want to click that link. Firefox is not happy about it:

alert.png

Can you please upload it somewhere else?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RF atg114 is still launching sideways. MT/ MP 4ya server. Shouldn’t it’s launch high? 

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||