Is there anyone here who only likes Helicopters

rapid

Just Asking if anyone here is only interested in Helo's I ask this because a lot of these threads seem to always end up talking about Fighter jets.

For me my only interest is Helicopters is there anyone else out there that only like Helo's?

I'm coming from a LB2 background so to me BS is a dream come true:thumbup: looking forward to the implementation of more Helicopters the Apache been one of them, anyone else like me out there?Or is everyone plane crazy:music_whistling:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Longbow... now that takes me back to my childhood.

Most of the folks here came to DCS from Lock-on, So there's a strong fast jet base to the community.

Traditionally for me when it comes to sims, I've been focused on High performance A2A platforms and dog fighting. But since I've started flying Helicopters in real life they appeal to me more in games. so while I'm not here exclusively for the Helo's they will be getting allot more of my time.

Edited by Draco

I prefer fastmovers too :smilewink:.. still above that, i like good fligth sims, and IMO this is the best militar sim we have atm. Need some work in AI and i miss comms too (like F4). I also miss that option when we say "wing1 say damage" and he reply a report of his damage f-16 ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

HELICOPTERS ALL the way!!

battlefield2 has brought out my passion for helicopters...just give me AH-1Z Cobra/Viper or Mi-28 Havok...

but my love started with the 80's TV show , The A-Team, where the character Howling Mad Murdock used to steal the MD500 Defenders / Little birds or bell copters...not to mention growing up on Airwolf...

Helicopters roxx..

owe yea.. TV Missile in BF2 gave me the ulitmate high for the time..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Helos for me, I did some Enemy Engaged and loved it, a while ago, so a proper study helo sim with excellent physics is a dream come true.

There are Apaches flying around here all the time, as Im close to a base here in the uk. Love to see those incredible machines, so to learn that theres an Apache study sim on the way feels pretty miraculous!

I am currently buying pedals (simpeds), collective + stick extender (thanks Urze), Cougar HOTAS, TIR4 and put together a system around an overclocked 8600 chip. So yeah, keen. And happily broke!

I flew some Falcon 4 AF online with some friends who talked me through it all, and didnt really take to it, although I did enjoy practicing landing, hot zone style. Which is all I ever did in jet sims.

(my main passion is racing sims online with friends, currently driving rFactor GP79 and historic touring cars.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhprNG6n3M

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=alxTH1rWrDE

Some people may recognise the music of that last one.. hehe)

Edited by Roge

:book:

I've always been attracted to Helo's...ever since seeing Apocalypse Now. First Helo sim I played was Digital Integrations Apache, then Hind, then Longbow 2. LOVE Helo sims...

Black Shark is unbelievable...it makes commercial helo simulators look chalky and I can play in my den whenever I want ;).

Lockon I sort of gravitated more towards the SU-25 and A-10 ground pounding missions vs the fighters...I LOVE fighters, but something about ground pounding I really enjoy!

I used to play Apache, Longbow and Longbow 2. I have been Drooling over this sim since I saw it being announced. I have drove my friends nuts with links to the annoucements.

I think for a bit some of them have stopped talking to me,lol.

All I can say is thank you for such a emersive game and awesome flight modeling.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Thas great to hear, I thought i was all alone here with my love for the Helo.:joystick:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I was fascinated by helos and their flight physics as a kid and then ended up doing my Commercial Helicopter Licence. Only did a few hundred hours and now haven't flown for many moons, except virtually of course. I started with 'Apache' (IIRC the itlte correctly) - a brilliant DOS sim from about 1996 - have owned every half decent helo game/sim since. BlackShark is the first one to come really to close to perfect realism - X-plane is good but I think this is superior IMHO :-)

"The only thing a chopper pilot should do downwind is take a leak" - CFI

CPL(H). AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ @3.3 GHz, 2GB Corsair DDR2 667, nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 1 GB, SB Audigy 2.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro modified: no centering springs, extended shaft. CH Pro Throttle; vertical chair mount.

"Hellfire away"..."splash 1 bad guy"..."Mig 12 o'clock high"..........aww the good ol days. (longbow 2)

Mi first Helo's sim was Apache Longbow too, for many years this. Today I often use the IL2 1946 and I've decided to buy the BS transition as the Storm of War of Oleg Maddox. I hope it is as good as raise ....

The transition is complicated for me, to fly a BF109 G2 to a modern fighter helicopter... very complicated, I must adapt and change the concept of flight, but I think it is worthwhile for the product and innovation of the BS attempt transition.

I5 4690K@4500ghz/24gb DDR3 ram/Evga GTX1070

Helicopters are a challenge to fly and the systems modelling is just fantastic ... but the AI targets will always be just too dumb and predicatable and the terrain will never be good enough close up.

That feeling of being on-line and watching from 40k' some poor sucker on TWS in blissful ignorance with an AMRAAM headed his way ... no comparision!! Sorry,

I started with Longbow back in the DOS days, and have been hooked on heli sims ever since. I tinkered with fixed wing a bit, in particular Janes F15, and a little IL2. Ive put a far bit of time into EECH1/2/DO as well in the last couple of years. I like playing the cat and mouse game that heli sims offer. Creeping up on targets while blowing up the dust as you creep through the trees is very exiting(Hmm Trees, DCS's only weakness ive seen so far) Ive got a whole bunch of RC Heli's as well, so i guess its rotors all the way for me :)

Id like a 6channel KA50 coax heli for my RC collection, if anybody from E-sky is listening, wink wink :)

DCS Rocks :D

Its is a scientific fact ... jet denial is a manifestation of after-burner envy! :D

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Good to see im not alone here.:pilotfly::joystick:

Well I have a professional interest in helicopters so they take priority for me and it's been a long wait for decent a successor to LB2 (although I loved Hind even more in its day).

I'm disappointed though that no one has so far mentioned that daddy of all helicopter combat sims - Combat Lynx! Only problem was I was too young and my fingers weren't long enough to control the thing on a Spectrum keyboard!

r.

65-35 in favor of the helicopters, and quite frankly not since Janes LB2 has there been anything I was this pleasantly surprised with.

Looking forward to the Mi-24 and the AH-64A now

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM