Is there anyone here who only likes Helicopters

rapid

65-35 in favor of the helicopters ...

Staffan

It be the sickness I tell you :pilotfly: :doh:

Poor sods.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Well, I've bought BS now, but only as a down payment on the Su-27 with AFM. It is, as I suspected, an incredibly detailed simulation of an aircraft I have little interest in flying. :-)

A couple of hours in the Ka-50 has been entertaining enough, but I'm not convinced the (tweaked) LOMAC engine is advanced enough for slow speed combat... too much time to stare at the landscape. It looks better at Mach 1, or through the mirrors during a high-g manoeuvre. :->

LB1/2 made me a heli fan, but only because they had such superb tutorials... still unmatched to this day. EECH continued my relationship with flying gearboxes, but not because of the helicopter or its systems, it was because the sim had such an excellent rolling campaign and immersive environment. If only EECH2 had built on that instead of just messing about with the graphics.

Oh well, that's flight sims for you... you have take what pleasure you can from the journey in the hope that the eventual destination is worth the wait.

Good luck out there to those who'll be fighting in this beast. I think you're going to need it!

Andrew McP

Well, I've bought BS now, but only as a down payment on the Su-27 with AFM. It is, as I suspected, an incredibly detailed simulation of an aircraft I have little interest in flying. :-)

Andrew McP

Andrew McP! A man after me own heart! A man to help educate these heathens, how're you going m8? :thumbup:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

A friend of mine sent me this pic, I'll try to find something out about it :D

Koax_SPT5-H_1.jpg

No secret that I completly in love with helicopters.. LockOn was a milestone as far as flightsims go, but even that faded when I heard about DCS Blackshark the first time..:cry:

And now.... well you guys know... I am a fan..!

The RC Chopper you poasted a picture of is actually in production. I think it's made by a German company? Seem to remember reading about it in "ROTOR" (german Rc-Helicopter magazine), and also you might wanna try looking in RC Forums.. One of them have a thread dedicated to this model. But I can't quite remember what forum right now..

I'll look into it an edit the post..

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]