I have an order from Virpil pending. Here's what they're saying.

Dscross

Hey everyone, I know the world is a mess right now. A couple days before the invasion of Ukraine my wife ordered me a full setup of controls from Virpil. Then war broke out... Anyway. I was wondering how badly I'm going to get screwed... Kidding, but we all know that Virpil is headquartered in Belarus, and ships from Lithuania. 

Of course, getting anything from Virpil is always a waiting game, so...

Anyway, I went on their forums looking for answers, seeing what's going on, etc. 

My wife ordered me the following products. 

Alpha Conny Grip, right. 

Mongoose base

Mongoose CM3 throttle

VPC ace collection Rudder Pedals. 

and some mounts. 

(Free shipping!) 

It's been a week, and the order hasn't shipping, which of course is COMPLETLY normal for Virpil from what I understand. On the forums a company rep posted this...   

Hello everyone,

I can confirm that we are still operating as expected per our usual order process. Orders are still being dispatched daily from our worldwide distribution center in Lithuania and successfully delivered! If you have any questions about an order please feel free to get in touch with our support team who will be more than happy to help with any questions.

Here's the link to the post.  Safe to order equiment - General Discussion - VIRPIL Controls

So, that's the word from Virpil, and I'm not expecting anything to arrive at my house for at few more weeks, at the soonest. I will keep everyone updated as Virpil updates me and I encourage anyone to share how they are doing if they have controls on order from overseas. The world shipping market is taking a big hit as commercial carriers are seeing an increase in fuel prices and insurance rates. I currently have a Winwing Orion set, which I'm very happy with, but it did come from China. I know VKB also ships from China. So lets keep one another up to date. 

~See you in the skies. 

• Like 1

• ED Team

You will be fine, I have ordered a collective and it was posted yesterday, fedex is updating me with the shipment progress to the UK. Enjoy your new stuff when it arrives. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah, like I said, I'm not worried as it's virpil and their stuff always takes time to arrive. But I know some people are, and as I have stuff on order I figured everyone would want to know what is going on. on the Virpil forms they are being very straight with people and there's lots of admin posts about reassuring people. (I'm really, really excited about this stuff...) Anyway, like I said, Ill keep everyone up to date. 

FYI, let me know how you like that collective. I'm considering one as well. But there was only so much my wife was willing to get me for my birthday, lol.

1 hour ago, Dscross said:

Yeah, like I said, I'm not worried as it's virpil and their stuff always takes time to arrive. But I know some people are, and as I have stuff on order I figured everyone would want to know what is going on. on the Virpil forms they are being very straight with people and there's lots of admin posts about reassuring people. (I'm really, really excited about this stuff...) Anyway, like I said, Ill keep everyone up to date. 

FYI, let me know how you like that collective. I'm considering one as well. But there was only so much my wife was willing to get me for my birthday, lol.

Yeah I would have no concerns at all, Virpil has always been an upfront company about everything. If I needed anything from them presently I would order without hesitation. 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Don’t have any concerns either, Virpil seems to have the situation in hand, for now at least. Maybe in the long term they might want to relocate to Lithuania.

Now I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that my collective and a whole lot of other stuff will be shipped soon… hopefully before the Apache is released!

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

Cypher posted this a couple of days ago on the Virpil forums:

Hi everyone. I can confirm that we are still operating per our usual order process and shipments from our factory are still arriving to our distribution center. Please note that orders are not charged until the stock is ready and reserved for that order. Should any orders be affected, we will of course be in touch directly!

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/7502-sanctions-and-virpil/&tab=comments#comment-36047

I am so debating whether to order a collective from them now with the upcoming release of the Apache Early Access. Not debating because of the situation over there, just debating if I really need it lol.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have a homemade collective, so I cannot speak to Virpil, but I have had two "Wow!" moments with DCS. The first was trying VR for the first time and the second was flying a helicopter with a collective. To me it felt so much more natural and real compared to a throttle.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dburne said:

I am so debating whether to order a collective from them now with the upcoming release of the Apache Early Access. Not debating because of the situation over there, just debating if I really need it lol.

Just give in… you know you want to. 😉

I’ve ordered three weeks ago. The waiting isn’t getting any easier. 😶

• Like 2

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

My order was delivered day before yesterday. Had to adapt a little bit to get the collective mounted on my chair. Yesterday I took my first flight.

Oh boy. This Virpil stuff is a real gamechanger for me. Build quality is outstanding (and I’m very demanding), the collective is absolutely excellent but what shines most for me is the MongoosT base with 20cm extension. Hovering and precision control in the Huey is fantastic.

And I simply had to order a MongoosT grip for the cyclic. The quality of the Virpil stuff is so outstanding that I needed to replace my Warthog grip.

• Like 1

So tempted to get a collective for the upcoming Apache. But want to wait and just use my CM3 Throttle at first till I decide I will stick with the Apache and be able to learn it. No sense in getting it if I am not going to be able to stick with it and use it as desired.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Tbh it was the Huey that decided things for me. I‘ve so much fun learning to fly helos in general that I’ll use the hell out of my collective even if I decide I don’t like the Apache. After all there’s also the Kiowa in the works and the BO-105, too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zeagle said:

I see you got your package quickly. Nice.

Shipping was even faster than I’d been told initially. And Virpils customer service is absolutely great.

53 minutes ago, Archduke said:

Shipping was even faster than I’d been told initially. And Virpils customer service is absolutely great.

:thumbup:

Yes it certainly is outstanding service!

Don B

19 minutes ago, Kayos said:

How long does it usually take from when you order to the package arriving?  

About 4 to 6 weeks. Virpil billed my card 11 days after ordering, because they only charge you when your order is manufactured. About 2 weeks later my order was shipped, so I had to wait exactly 4 weeks.

Now I'm waiting for my MongoosT grip. Another 4 weeks... really should have ordered it together with the other stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update. 

Yesterday my order left the shipping hub in Lithuania and was in Belgium about 12 hours ago. 

Total time from placing order until shipment was just a little over 3 weeks. 

I will update further when I know more, IE about U.S. Customs and such. 

5 hours ago, Dscross said:

Update. 

Yesterday my order left the shipping hub in Lithuania and was in Belgium about 12 hours ago. 

Total time from placing order until shipment was just a little over 3 weeks. 

I will update further when I know more, IE about U.S. Customs and such. 

I expect you will be fine. I have never had an issue with customs on the Virpil products I have purchased. Of course it is a different world today though.

• Like 1

Don B

7 hours ago, dburne said:

I expect you will be fine. I have never had an issue with customs on the Virpil products I have purchased. Of course it is a different world today though.

Thanks. It's always nice to be reassured a little when spending that sort of money. Honestly, I'm just super excited about the whole set up. Last I checked my stuff was in France. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 1:30 PM, Archduke said:

About 4 to 6 weeks. Virpil billed my card 11 days after ordering, because they only charge you when your order is manufactured. About 2 weeks later my order was shipped, so I had to wait exactly 4 weeks.

Now I'm waiting for my MongoosT grip. Another 4 weeks... really should have ordered it together with the other stuff.

Cool. I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a base on order, since I discovered all the screws were working themselves loose on my TM base, and finding out it requires just about dismantling the system to get them all put back in.

(It had previously been damaged, with the connector becoming recessed, so I'd expected to need to replace it eventually, anyways. This, and some other things just pushed me to go for it now, instead of later.)

Funny thing is, I think I managed to make it in just before the price hike, too. 

Addendum: Just got the Fedex ship notice, so it is about a week after the billing notice and about a week and a half after my order. Looking forward to having it in hand. 

Edited by Voyager

On 3/22/2022 at 8:49 PM, Voyager said:

Addendum: Just got the Fedex ship notice, so it is about a week after the billing notice and about a week and a half after my order. Looking forward to having it in hand. 

My order arrived yesterday, much faster than expected. So now finally I’ve got that T-50 stick to go with my collective. And it’s glorious! Controlling the Apache or the Huey is almost ridiculously simple with my Virpils. I’ll never go back to Thrustmaster.

I’m sure you’ll love it!

• Like 1

I am so wanting to order a collective, but still working with the Apache and want to make sure I can both learn it and stick with it. I think it is prudent in my case to wait a little longer.

Don B

On 3/5/2022 at 9:36 AM, PhoenixRising said:

I have a homemade collective, so I cannot speak to Virpil, but I have had two "Wow!" moments with DCS. The first was trying VR for the first time and the second was flying a helicopter with a collective. To me it felt so much more natural and real compared to a throttle.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

Would you mind sharing more details on your home made collective?

thanks

• Thanks 1

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat