I have an order from Virpil pending. Here's what they're saying.

Dscross

On 3/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, PhoenixRising said:

This is think to the thread where I built it.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/213590-hall-effect-sensors-for-diy-collective/

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

Thanks!

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I'm waiting for my order too. I ordered Mongoos Stick,  WarBRD, Throtle and mounts on 8th March. I can't wait to get them all. Checked FedEx yesterday and it arrived to my local FedEx 3.22am 😀 . But I've checked it today and shows it arrived to France yesterday 4.59am 🤔. Hope it will be delivered tomorrow.

May I asked how much you paid for tax/customs for your orders?

Since Virpil ships from Lithuania, which is part of the EU, I didn’t pay any customs at all since I live in Germany. The joys of the common market. 😀

Tax for me was the usual German VAT, which is 19%. But this doesn’t depend on Virpil but on the tax rules of your country.

Edited by Archduke
Wrong country.

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

I now have my Alpha Right, CM3 Throttle, CM3 base, 2X short mounts somewhat setup on my desk. All of those items arrived on Friday the 25th of March 2022 and were ordered around February 24th 2022 (with 6 hours, it might be a technical day later or earlier depending on time zones.) 

Also ordered were the Ace Collection Rudder Pedals. *sigh...

The rudder pedals are really where this story begins, way back in 2005. I was in the U.S. army and well, zigged when I should have zagged. *DING* I caught a round in the leg. Yes, the leg. and well, the bullet basically hit everything important that a bullet can hit. The end result being a bunch of scars, tissue loss, and a condition called "drop foot". It means I can't flex my toes upward) Basically I could downshift a motorcycle, but I wouldn't be able to upshift. 

But I'm stubborn, and I like rudder pedals. Hey, right leg works fine, why not? As it turns out there aren't many rudder pedals on the market that have an angle of pedal adjustment or swappable heel plates. The Ace Collection Rudder Pedals appear to (from the pictures and research I've done.), and stuff like the MFG Crosswind pedals do as well from what I understand. 

Well when my birthday was coming around my wife asked me what I wanted. My leg was hurting and I was just healing from an torn ACL in me left knew, so I complained that I'd really like rudder pedals that didn't make my leg throb. (yes, I know, if it hurts, don't do it...) I told her that virpil makes a set that I'd like to try because I think they might work well for my stupid leg. She ended up ordering me a full virpil set. (DCS is good for hand-eye coordination, and keeps my mind busy, and if my mind isn't busy, I annoy my wife.) So, virpil for my birthday. 

But it's now March 28th. No rudder pedals. 

Fedex: "Your delivery has been delayed" (I.E. "just like every other time you're expecting an international shipment, we've lost one of the important pieces, just like when we lost your stick grip for a month when you ordered A Winwing Orion.. We like to be consistent.")

So, now packages get delayed all the time, right? (yeah, every time with FedEx...) But here's the deal. on the 24th of March Fedex said my entire shipment would be delivered on March 25th. On March 25th I got half of it, and then at 7:55 P.M. "your delivery has been delayed" On Saturday. "Delayed" On Sunday "Delivery by 8:00 P.M. 28th of March 2022." 

Here's the deal. The delivery requires a signature. Adult Signature. On Friday they delivered at 1205 just as I had to leave the house. I was ready to sign today... no delivery. So I'm rearranging my schedule to be home, every day they change the delivery time and don't show up. I want to see if my new rudder pedals will cause me less pain when I fly the AH64...but I can't because FEDEX. 

I can't get ahold of anyone at Fedex, I want to put my sim pit back together and get everything mounted, cords run, and everything. But...FedEx. So I'm grouchy, my leg hurts, and I'm annoyed at Fedex. 

My advice to anyone ordering Virpil, Winwing, VKB, Thrustmaster...whatever, pay the extra shipping and use DHL. Use the Pony Express or dog sleds, but don't use FedEx unless you want to wait for a month past the promised delivery date, fight with their customer service for 17 hours, rearrange your schedule repeatedly while they miss delivery dates. 

I'm fully expecting to never see those particular rudder pedals ( by serial number). I don't want to wait another month for Virpil to have FEDEX lose another set. So... where can I get a set of rudder pedals within a shorter time frame? Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have a used set of Virpil Ace pedals they want to sell? Use MFG crosswinds? Is there another company which makes a comparable set of adjustable rudder pedals with toe brakes? (Toe brakes are why I didn't order the VKB pedals.) 

Well this is the latest update on my Virpil experience. (Fedex...*sigh)

Really hope you get your pedals 😕.  Fedex always seems to annoy me, and DHL has been great the few times I've had stuff from them.

I don't know the Virpil pedals at all, but if they don't work out, I just upgraded from from an old set (like literally 25 year old) CH PRO pedals to MFG Crosswinds and I am flabbergasted at the adjustability of them.  Wide range of footrests, you can adjust from nearly flat to pretty vertical, very fine tune press required for rudder and some adjustment on the brake pressure.  Very happy so far.  Made it to Ontario, Canada in 5 days from order to delivered.

• Like 1

@Dscross This may be in the category of unhelpful suggestions you'd already be doing if it was actually a good idea, but... have you considered adding velcro straps to your pedals, or at least your right pedal, to go over your foot? The idea would be that pulling your right leg back would then produce the equivalent movement of pushing your left leg forward, easing the load on your left.

Oh, and if nobody has said it to you lately, thank you for your service. I've worked for and with the military for much of my career, but never had to do the hard stuff like, you know, getting shot at. So from those of us who owe our comfortable existence to the men and women in uniform whose sacrifices make it possible: thank you. If you're ever in the DC area, drinks (in irresponsible quantities) are on me.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, X-31_VECTOR said:

@Dscross This may be in the category of unhelpful suggestions you'd already be doing if it was actually a good idea, but... have you considered adding velcro straps to your pedals, or at least your right pedal, to go over your foot? The idea would be that pulling your right leg back would then produce the equivalent movement of pushing your left leg forward, easing the load on your left.

Oh, and if nobody has said it to you lately, thank you for your service. I've worked for and with the military for much of my career, but never had to do the hard stuff like, you know, getting shot at. So from those of us who owe our comfortable existence to the men and women in uniform whose sacrifices make it possible: thank you. If you're ever in the DC area, drinks (in irresponsible quantities) are on me.  

Thanks for the offer, I don't drink much more than the occasional glass of wine with my wife. (can't stand the taste of beer...) 

As to the push pull thing, I can push with my heel and that isn't a problem. The real issue is the angle at which the pedals hold the foot and the width of the overall set of pedals. The TM pedals just don't work well, and I end up doing it anyway and causing problems. 

Anyway, I got a message from Virpil today. They are good at taking care of their coustmers, it's just Fedex who screwed up. 

Here's what Virpil said. 

"On Tue, 29 Mar at 10:02 AM , VIRPIL Controls Support <support@virpil-controls.com> wrote:

Hi steve,

Hope you are well today!

I am terribly sorry to hear that the pedals hasn't been delivered just yet. I can see that it has been released from customs already, so it should be on the way to you. However, I have emailed FedEx asking if everything is good with this shipment, and when we can expect the delivery. I have asked to deliver it ASAP. Our hands are really tied in this situation, and really hope it will be delivered to you until friday.

I will keep an eye on this delivery, and will update you accordingly once I hear back from FedEx.

Please let us know if the delivery will be made in the meanwhile.

Many thanks! 

Regards,

Tautvydas Lasas
Customer Support

VIRPIL Controls Team"

Because of the delay, and as I've stated, the dire need for rudder pedals, my wife placed an order for a set of MFG crosswinds. If Virpil can get me a set then fine, but I don't want another month of a sore knee while I wait for the Ace Collection Pedals. There are a bunch of guys in my squadron who will gladly buy them from me if I like the MFG Crosswind Me109 pedals more. 

I'll let everyone know as this rudder pedals saga carries on...

UPDATE: 

This is from Virpil.

Hi steve,

Hope you are well today!

I am really sad writing you this, however FedEx is saying that they have lost track of the pedals shipment and asked me to provide more detailed description of the packaging and the content. They are now started looking for the parcel. I will give them a few days to find the parcel, and if they are unable to find it we will be requesting a CLAIM FORM from them. Once the claim form is filled out, we can then be able to send you a replacement pedals. For the replacement pedals we certainly won't be using FedEx, however I still hope they will be able to find the original parcel.

My sincere apologies about this, and I hope you can hold on for just a bit longer until we sort is out for you. We will keep you updated on this matter.

Thank you so much for your understanding. 

Regards,
Logo
Tautvydas Lasas
Customer Support
VIRPIL Controls Team

Hmm just my opinion but Virpil really should expedite another set of pedals out to you pronto. Normally their support is really good at this stuff so hopefully they get you sorted soon. I have had very good experiences with Virpil support.

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Virpil Order: The Conclusion. 

Today is March 31st, 2022. 

My rudder pedals (ace collection) came today. 

Earlier in the week, as I've said, Fedex lost the delivery of my rudder pedals. The virpil support team has done a good job of working with me to sort things out. I am going to post a separate post about my experience with different rudder pedals in light of my disabled left leg, in the hopes that in can shed some light for others. That being said, I will talk now about my overall experience with Virpil as a costumer. 

I had my wife place the order, as it was my birthday present. She ordered the VPC Mongoose Base, CM3 Throttle, Alpha Right Grip, and Ace collection rudder pedals, as well as 2 short mounts, one for the throttle, one for the Alpha, with the mounting adapters. The total of the order was well over $1200, though I don't know the exact number with taxes and all that because it was a birthday present. My wife and I have both learned over the years that buying high quality tools, equipment and products is not only sensible, but also cheaper in the long run, and makes for a more enjoyable experience. As a veteran Infantryman, Firearms instructor, part time Law enforcement. (Yup, passed the academy with that stupid leg, amazing.) I bring the same motto to firearms parts. Add in that I've used firearms in life and death situation, and I think it's understandable that I am willing to pay for even marginal improvements in reliability and overall toughness. I bring up firearms because I have in the past ordered several products from a company called Larue Tactical. They make optics mounts for firearms, gun parts and the like. Every time I have ever ordered from Larue Tactical, it's not cheap, and I'm always, ALWAYS pleasantly surprised when I open the box. Larue Tactical always includes little extras, like a hat, they surprisingly good grill seasoning, bottle openers, cases, covers, extra stuff. 

I was therefore almost surprised when I (finnaly) received my entire virpil order, and only the parts on the parts list were in the boxes. There weren't even instructions for assembly? Really? Okay... Virpil knows I ordered a throttle, stick, base, and rudder pedals. Do you think they threw in an extra cable to hook the pedals or stick base to the throttle? Nope. So, should I want to buy that cable, I will need to order it for like 7 euros, and pay $50 shiping. Yeah, thanks virpil, you're thoughtfulness is amazing. As a new costumer, I didn't know I needed, or would want that cable, because I've never owned virpil before. They didn't include covers, a key chain, or one of those cool "Remove before flight : VIRPIL CONTROLS" tags to hang on my Alpha. 

Is any of that loot, or stuff, necessary? Nope. Not at all. Does it grate on me that they didn't sent it...yup, more than it should, if I've being honest. 

I have this stupid car. I love that car. Kills me and my wife glares at me for a week any time it needs to go into the shop. Driving it, amazing, visiting the mechanic, bring your own lube if you know what I mean. I love that car. So I once, and only once made the mistake of taking the car to the factory dealership for a service. Well apart from the basic thievery, dishonesty, and false diagnoses, there was the little stuff. When I got the car back, (5 days late... one hell'va oil change...) The Windshield washer fluid bottle was empty. ? They didn't inflate the tires to proper pressure, they didn't clean it, or check bother to fill up the washer fluid. 

I believe it's called costumer service. I will happily pay more, pay a lot to never have to worry when I have a problem. because problems happen. It wasn't Virpil's fault my shipment got lost (apart from using Fedex to begin with, but I digress). But taking a moment extra to see that there were 3 related controllers in the order, and it was a new costumer, and throwing in an extra cable would have impressed me. Most companies will eventually solve your problem if you complain enough. Great companies go out of their way to make sure you don't have problems in the first place. So far I'm very, very impressed with the quality of Virpil products. But every time I ever thinking of ordering from them in the future, (which I probably will), the thought that they didn't even think to throw in an extra cable, or send an email to ask if I might need one, yeah, that's going to bug me. 

I'll do more details on the quality and usability of the Virpil products in another post, but this has been my experience as a first-time costumer with Virpil Controls. They make good stuff, but I'm not buying a 65$ cable.

Sorry. FYI, my MFG Crosswind pedals should be here in a few days. They shipped DHL, in case anyone is wondering.

And I do feel bad, because of the Fedex screwup, 2 guys in my squadron were waiting on my take on the Virpil pedals. One ordered from MFG 2 days ago. The other ordered from MFG within the last 16 hours. None of us ever expected me to see these particular rudder pedals, so props to whomever at Virpil put the Fedex employees on the rack to make it happen. 

20220331_141328.jpg

20220331_132821.jpg

Edited by Dscross

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

At least according to Fedex, looks like mine has been sitting at Charles deGaul for the last week or so. Not sure how long that usually takes. 

My stuff was only at Degaul for about 9 hours, you might want to start sending emails and asking Fedex and Virpil what the problem is. As you might imagine, I'm a bit salty at Fedex right now. Anway, good luck and like I said, you should probably start asking questions from Virpil and Fedex. (good luck getting anything from Fedex support.) I'm still waiting on them to get back to me about my lost pedals... and I have the pedals now...

My stuff arrived last week Monday or Tuesday.

All well packed. I'm really impressed about Virpil - I got everything I need to set it up (spanners, screwdriver etc.) and all products looks very high quality. Unfortunately I haven't set it up yet, hope I will do it this weekend. 

On 4/4/2022 at 8:18 AM, GameOver said:

My stuff arrived last week Monday or Tuesday.

All well packed. I'm really impressed about Virpil - I got everything I need to set it up (spanners, screwdriver etc.) and all products looks very high quality. Unfortunately I haven't set it up yet, hope I will do it this weekend. 

The setup isn't bad. A few screws and some calibration. Wow, what a difference using Virpil. It took my enjoyment of the sim to another level. 

• Like 1

@Dscross I saw your warning about Virpil and FedEx just after I ordered my CM3 Throttle and an Alpha stick grip to replace my CM2 grip. My shipment was scheduled to arrive today, but FedEx just marked it "Operational Delay" and "No delivery date available." It is sitting in Grace-Hollogne, Belgium. Sigh. I'll reach out to Virpil today. Did you just reach them via the "support@virpil" email address? 

2 hours ago, X-31_VECTOR said:

@Dscross I saw your warning about Virpil and FedEx just after I ordered my CM3 Throttle and an Alpha stick grip to replace my CM2 grip. My shipment was scheduled to arrive today, but FedEx just marked it "Operational Delay" and "No delivery date available." It is sitting in Grace-Hollogne, Belgium. Sigh. I'll reach out to Virpil today. Did you just reach them via the "support@virpil" email address? 

I went to their website and used the "contact support" tab. Then I filled out the form and opened a ticket.  

If you don't mind me asking, what's your plan for your CM2 grip?  

Anyway, good luck on the FedEx problem. Let me know if I can give you any other advice or anything. 

57 minutes ago, X-31_VECTOR said:

Thanks man! As for the CM2 grip, I'll test drive the Alpha grip for awhile just to make sure it's really an improvement on the CM2, and then I'll probably try to find it a good home. So if you're interested, drop me a DM and let's keep in touch. 

I very well might be, and If I'm not, I am 100% sure someone in my squadron will want it. And if you're looking for great group of people to fly with, drop by and fly with us. We've got a gear swat channel on the AIN discord, plus all sorts of other cool stuff like Open-source intel, all the manuals and Chuck's guides sorted by aircraft, and more. It's a pretty cool squadron. Here's the link to the AIN discord if you're interested. https://discord.gg/JuBydbsfDn

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, Dscross said:

I very well might be, and If I'm not, I am 100% sure someone in my squadron will want it. And if you're looking for great group of people to fly with, drop by and fly with us. We've got a gear swat channel on the AIN discord, plus all sorts of other cool stuff like Open-source intel, all the manuals and Chuck's guides sorted by aircraft, and more. It's a pretty cool squadron. Here's the link to the AIN discord if you're interested. https://discord.gg/JuBydbsfDn

Hey thanks very much for that invite! I've never done the MP thing, mainly b/c my simming time is highly erratic with work/life stuff. But maybe it's time to take the leap. 

Good news on the Virpil shipment: it's out of Europe and in Tennessee, notionally delivering on Monday. Progress. I was worried that the geopolitical situation was complicating getting shipments from Virpil, but it seems this was just garden-variety delays.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 5:42 PM, Dscross said:

Wow, what a difference using Virpil. It took my enjoyment of the sim to another level. 

I set all up on Saturday night and on Sunday I was able to fly, not much but tested new setup.

I can only echo what you said, Wow it make a difference.  I'm so happy with it and on Monday I ordered rudder pedals and control panel from Virpil, hope all will come soon.

• Like 1

I made order on 1 april and today (14 April [so exacly 2 weeks]) DHL bring me my ne Grip'n'Base 50cm2 set with 200mm curved (not Z). Im happy.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

Well, I have also ordered the Virpil products. I had "Operational delays" from Fedex also. Of course, due to the Easter Holiday, the delivery was also delayed even longer. Well, they just arrived this morning. (they lost my Rudder pedals. Sort of; they say customs split the shipment and only cleared the third package this morning. So the same thing that Dscross had is happening to me. (freeking Fedex) I even called and asked HOW it was possible for the exact same shipments going to 2 different countries have the exact same delivery issue. They had no reply and for my order are laying blame to customs clearance.

I purchased the Constellation Alpha Grip with the Warbird base, the CM3 Throttle and the Ace rudder pedals.

Anyhow, here are my first impressions...

The packaging was great. Everything was very well protected. Not a single mark on the products. It also came with all the tools needed to mount and change peripherals.

The stick feels incredibly smooth. I can only imagine how precise it should be as I am still setting up but wanted to write this quick first impressions before I fly for a few days and do a full review. (NOTE: I am going from a Saitek X52 to the Virpils)  the mounting to the plate and the stick to the base was very easy. You can just feel the quality of the product.

The Throttle, well that is another thing. This feels is like nothing I have ever felt. The movement is so smooth. It feels incredibly precise. Every switch, button and knob feels smooth. no binding or "grit" at all. The "tension" on all the rotary dials seem to be perfectly set. I mean even using my pinky finger on the one within reach of them is effortless! 

Now I am off to set it up and fly. A full review will be forthcoming within the week. So far, all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!  

Edited by CDN_Diesel
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CDN_Diesel said:

Well, I have also ordered the Virpil products. I had "Operational delays" from Fedex also. Of course, due to the Easter Holiday, the delivery was also delayed even longer. Well, they just arrived this morning. (they lost my Rudder pedals. Sort of; they say customs split the shipment and only cleared the third package this morning. So the same thing that Dscross had is happening to me. (freeking Fedex) I even called and asked HOW it was possible for the exact same shipments going to 2 different countries have the exact same delivery issue. They had no reply and for my order are laying blame to customs clearance.

I purchased the Constellation Alpha Grip with the Warbird base, the CM3 Throttle and the Ace rudder pedals.

The packaging was great. Everything was very well protected. Not a single mark on the products. It also came with all the tools needed to mount and change peripherals.

The stick feels incredibly smooth. I can only imagine how precise it should be as I am still setting up but wanted to write this quick first impressions before I fly for a few days and do a full review. (NOTE: I am going from a Saitek X52 to the Virpils)  the mounting to the plate and the stick to the base was very easy. You can just feel the quality of the product.

The Throttle, well that is another thing. This feels is like nothing I have ever felt. The movement is so smooth. It feels incredibly precise. Every switch, button and knob feels smooth. no binding or "grit" at all. The "tension" on all the rotary dials seem to be perfectly set. I mean even using my pinky finger on the one within reach of them is effortless! 

Now I am off to set it up and fly. A full review will be forthcoming within the week. So far, all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!  

:thumbup:

Congrats! I have been loving my CM3 Throttle for a while now, it is pretty sweet for sure.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 4/18/2022 at 6:43 PM, CDN_Diesel said:

👍Congrats! I have my CM3 Throttle and MongoosT stick for couple weeks and I love it.

I'm still waiting for rudder pedals and control panels which I ordered nearly 2 weeks ago - still pending. Fingers crossed all will arrive without any issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 2:48 PM, GameOver said:

I'm still waiting for rudder pedals and control panels which I ordered nearly 2 weeks ago - still pending. Fingers crossed all will arrive without any issue.

I should listen to you and do not use FedEx! Virpil shipped it on 25/04 and it should be here but it get stuck in Poland that what I can see in FedEx tracking. I'm trying to get in touch with FedEx to see if they can investigate and sort it.