What we want to know

Get_Lo

With the news that the module has been passed onto internal testing and the news of video content coming in the next few days im sure we all have a few questions in mind.
How will the radar function? will it be feature complete for release?
How much of the module can we expect to be in or near its final phase on Early Access release?
What kind of weaponry can we expect for the CE? (We can worry about the rest later)
Is there any pods, jammers, and what kind of fuel tanks for early access?
Is there anything that might come in the near future for the CE that might not be ready immediately upon release?
(The big one) is there an approximation to when internal testing will be concluded?

We are all so excited to have seen the F1 grow to this point and the work has been fantastic and exciting, but we still have a lot of questions!

Edited by Get_Lo
  • Like 4

We? .. I never worry about unreleased aircrafts 🙂

• Like 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I think we have established, that patience is distributed rather unevenly amongst forum members... 😄🤗

• Like 9

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

7 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

there is no "worrying" as much as "wondering" maybe one day I too will have enough money to care as little as you do, in the mean time it is nice to know what I am setting my money aside for. 🙂

Edited by Get_Lo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Get_Lo said:

one day I too will have enough money to care as little as you do

I’m amazed to see how you add money to this thread, why do that?  

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

I would rather not get deep into my financial situation on the ED forums, but the F1 wont be free and it will be nice to know the answer to some questions. im going to cease this conversation to keep the thread as short as possible.

I am super excited about this! I think it'll a lovely edition to the cold War lineup which is already the strongest planeset in DCS and my favorite.  Hope to get some more info on this too, and I hope this is a good sign for the team doing the MiG-17.

• Like 2

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

I'd be really stoked for a more complete weapons list. What models of IR missiles will come at release? Ground weapons? I know all dumb bombs and rockets but specifics would be dope.

Maybe an Apache style manual release to tide us over?

• Like 4

The only thing outstanding that hasn't been shown to us yet is the RADAR, everything else I'm pretty satisfied with.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 3/4/2022 at 12:28 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Well, I can see how it is a problem. DCS modules are no inexpensive, specially for those outside USA and Europe (possibly Russia has preferential prices too). But being that there are several modules being made, it is nice to have a complete picture, so as not to "jump the gun" and get the module we actually want. 

Example: MB 339 is out, so is BO 105.. so Do i get myself the Airmacci or do i wait for the Mirage F1, if so, I miss the early access or pre purchase promotion while i wait for my cup of tea; Do I get the new map or the fancy module and Hope it´s the module i want and not juts a bunch of empty promises... (and I do not mean specifically the Mirage F1, it applies to every module being made today).

Or yeah you can wait 6 months and read the reviews, and get it in one of the seasonal Sales LOL...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baco said:

I miss the early access or pre purchase promotion

Side note : I think that ED only does prepurchases and rebates for their *own* modules' launches. Third party modules are only sold when they are ready, and at full price. Later on, there are the usual sales, of course. But pre-launch: only ED, as far as I know.

(That does not change the logic of what Baco and Get_lo said. One may still need to carefully plan their investments. Just pointing out some minor detail that may make the decisions easier. Or not. 😄 )

What about waiting for the official series of videos pre-release that Aerges has promised and is already working on? Then, if your questions are not answered, you can ask again. Or wait for a review.

I understand being careful with your finances, obviously, but in that case wait for other people to try it and review it? You can always use those € or $ or whatever for something else, if it turns out you are not convinced by the F1 upon release.

I am always curious about people sending a list of questions when devs already said "we will provide videos and infos prior to release"...

• Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

7 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

What about waiting for the official series of videos pre-release that Aerges has promised and is already working on? Then, if your questions are not answered, you can ask again. Or wait for a review.

I understand being careful with your finances, obviously, but in that case wait for other people to try it and review it? You can always use those € or $ or whatever for something else, if it turns out you are not convinced by the F1 upon release.

I am always curious about people sending a list of questions when devs already said "we will provide videos and infos prior to release"...

These are about the videos, as well as some other stuff, but mainly stuff I would like to see showcased on a pre-release video, such as the radar systems.