AJS37 What is Going On

FlankerKiller

I finally decided I wanted to give the Viggin a go. It's a Heatblur module out of early access so I was expecting a polished experience.  But honestly it seems like it was released yesterday. The Mavs don't see map objects, half the switches in the cockpit can't be flipped, apparently the rudder is 100 times more sensitive then any other fighter, and there is no English cockpit. There are also training missions that just don't work. What gives? It's a bummer too. I much prefer cold War aircraft. And also an very partial to moving mud. This thing is right up my alley. Lots of low altitude penitration into highly contestsed airspace, and it's fast as hell. It's got a good INAV setup. It's got that get in hit hard get out type of game play that I like. But damn it seems a buggy mess. I know ow the Tomcat it the cash cow. But this is a cool ass fast jet. I really hope it isn't being left behind. 

• Like 3

I can't say I've had that experience at all. Some switches are non-functional like in all modules, but a vast majority of them are.

The rudder needs to be sensitive at low speed due to the very small turn radius required for roadbase operations. You can simply add a curve (like with every other module) if it's too much for you.

As for bugs, pretty much all of those I had were fixed at the end of last year. Right now it's in a very good spot.

I assume some of the issues are not with the module but a meter in front of the screen. Sometimes it's just a matter of learning the module, and the Viggen is very quirky by design.

• Like 3

It's still very much an early access aircraft, and will probably be for the foreseeable future. It should be in my mind anyway. There's a lot of things to be corrected/added before I'd consider moving it out of EA.
They have been doing some very good progress since December last year however.

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

12 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

It's still very much an early access aircraft, and will probably be for the foreseeable future. It should be in my mind anyway. There's a lot of things to be corrected/added before I'd consider moving it out of EA.
They have been doing some very good progress since December last year however.

Like what?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toilet2000 said:

Like what?

Like 90% of the warnings on the left/right annonciation panels not being implemented, or the next to nonexistent damage model. There's more, a lot more...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, MYSE1234 said:

Like 90% of the warnings on the left/right annonciation panels not being implemented, or the next to nonexistent damage model. There's more, a lot more...

90%? Not at all. Most of them are.

Nonexistent damage model? On what planet do you live? It's at pretty much the same place as other modern modules. The issue is the WW2 damage model not being available yet on modern jets.

If there's lots more, then it shouldn't be hard to list them without using hyperboles like you did.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, toilet2000 said:

90%? Not at all. Most of them are.

That's funny, because when I checked them for a bug report they certainly weren't. Very few were working correctly.

Nonexistent damage model? On what planet do you live? It's at pretty much the same place as other modern modules. The issue is the WW2 damage model not being available yet on modern jets.

I don't know of any other module where you can fly the aircraft without any wings without problem. Including landing without any gear (or wings).

If there's lots more, then it shouldn't be hard to list them without using hyperboles like you did.

I do have access to the HB bug tracker. I'm not going to start listing them all, or say how many reported bugs there are, but there's a few in there.
Most of these bugs can be easily found reading the swedish manuals and comparing it to the DCS version. So the bug tracker is NOT needed to know these bugs.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like the navsystem is broke. And cm pod is also broke

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

1 minute ago, Skyracer said:

In what way? If you don't mind.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

I don't know of any other module where you can fly the aircraft with any wings without any problem. Including landing without any gear (or wings).

You mean like the Hornet?

17 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

I do have access to the HB bug tracker. I'm not going to start listing them all, or say how many reported bugs there are, but there's a few in there.
Most of these bugs can be easily found reading the swedish manuals and comparing it to the DCS version. So the bug tracker is NOT needed to know these bugs.

Any modules will have tons of bugs at any time. That's true for any software, especially non-critical ones. Knowing there are issues doesn't make it "worse" than anything else. To the opposite, you might be greatly biases because you don't have access to those bug trackers for other modules.

7 minutes ago, Skyracer said:

How so? Both work as intended for me.

Edited by toilet2000

2 hours ago, Skyracer said:

Yeah, that CM thing caught me off guard. Like I said, I expected the F-14 plus another three years of development. It definitely isn't that. Plus why isn't there a training mission for the gun? I did see that they are cleaned some things up. 

3 hours ago, toilet2000 said:

I can't say I've had that experience at all. Some switches are non-functional like in all modules, but a vast majority of them are.

The rudder needs to be sensitive at low speed due to the very small turn radius required for roadbase operations. You can simply add a curve (like with every other module) if it's too much for you.

As for bugs, pretty much all of those I had were fixed at the end of last year. Right now it's in a very good spot.

I assume some of the issues are not with the module but a meter in front of the screen. Sometimes it's just a matter of learning the module, and the Viggen is very quirky by design.

You know going straight into insults isn't really the sign of a strong argument. While I will admit my TPRs are setup more for choppers at the moment, I have no problem keeping the ball centered. But with its stability control turned on the rudder just gose crazy. Like the amout of peddle doesn't correspond to the amount of rudder deflection. I do know something about how these systems work on real aircraft, and that isn't right at all. It flies fine with the stability system turned off. But that's not how it's supposed to be flown. It gets some really good buffering as it gose transonic. Which is right, and should destroy the airframe if not corrected. Again RB75 behavior is straight up arcade game. It can get a lock farther out then the H model Mav, and ignores all map objects. You ever used Mavs in a town with another jet? I think this bothers me the most. As for what you can and can't manipulate in the cockpit. Yeah, the environmental system is small potatoes. But the details are what separates the good from the great. And that's just it. Other then the RB75 being completely unrealistic, and thus unusable, it's a good module. But it's supposed to be a great module, and it definitely isn't. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 4:29 PM, MYSE1234 said:

In what way? If you don't mind.

I cant deploey chaffs/flares. Enter 9099 wont load in flight plan

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

2 hours ago, Skyracer said:

I can't deploy chaffs/flares. Enter 9099 wont load in flight plan

Interesting. Do you have a track file available? I've not noticed any problem with any of that myself. Only problem I've seen with the countermeasure is it dropping all flares in just a few seconds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

Interesting. Do you have a track file available? I've not noticed any problem with any of that myself. Only problem I've seen with the countermeasure is it dropping all flares in just a few seconds.

I don’t have any trackfile. But I have low iq, so that’s probably the cause here

On 3/9/2022 at 5:04 PM, Streicher said:

Did you insert the cartridge before loading it per 9099? It's the slot over your left shoulder.

Its just an animation.

1 hour ago, Skyracer said:

Its just an animation.

Might want to have another look on that if you're on the OB version. 😉
@Streicher is correct in that you need to insert the cartridge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]