Call for airstrike or artillery help, why not ?

anlq

This is not a new idea, I recall Gunship or M1A2 Tank Platoon of Hasbro Interactive, EECH includes this feature, then why does BlackShark can't have it ? :music_whistling: It will add some spices to the field.

Edited by anlq

the mission editor is fairly limited atm compared to other sims

it needs the ability to make user activated (radio call set) triggers,

triggers linked to waypoints (such that one unit can have 3 sets of waypoints each set to a trigger that can be a random %chance, or a zone area trigger etc.)

and from what i can see it still needs end mission options/triggers as well.

perhaps this is on the cards with the patch that improves ground ai

all you need is a radio and some rudimentary knowledge of fire mission ratel and adjustment methods.

all units are/should be trained in the calling of fire missions.

In the case of Helicopter units, one of their primary roles is recon for ground forces particularly in the advance to contact so they are certainly capable of calling in specific fire missions or fixed wing strikes.

I was refering more to the authority to call in support, so when you radio for support they don't tell you to get off the frequency.

Western armies have made their doctrines very fluid so I'd expect that helicopters can call in support but Eastern Soviet based armies are still ridged in this area so only dedicated FOs can request support in most cases. Does anyone know how modern Russian doctrine handles support, Western or Soviet like?

actually the russian army is undergoing a restructure that mirrors the modularisation of most developed western armies as we speak.

Focussing on combat teams, task forces etc and the combined arms effects acheived in this approach. I know what you're saying wrt to the centralised command so commonly associated with eastern bloc doctrine but i suspect thats less the case now than it used to be. Fact remains that combat attack Helos are there to do things like call in strikes, provide recon and affect fast paced shaping of the battlefield so the pilots would (i expect) have all authority required within the parameters of their mission to do these things.