F-18 FLIR

Simpit

Since the last patch I notice a very strang resolution of FLIR. It´s massively "overlighted" with low contrast. It´s very difficult to see the target. Is this a realistic display of FLIR? See jpg attached below!

Flir2.jpg

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

Since the last update to the IR, the brightness of these screens has been high. But I feel like this should only be temporary (although this seems to have been going on for a month or two). But if you have a second display, project DDI/AMPCD to the second display through lua script, you will find that its brightness is no problem.
At present, the contrast and gain can only be adjusted manually to make the FLIR picture look normal.

Talking to ATFLIR, has anyone else noticed that its incredeblly difficult to track a moving targets?? I have a lot of hard times with ATFLIR when i need to lock and track moving targets....its maybe a bug??

Edited by VDV

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Drac:

Same here.  Adjusting contrast and brightness helps a little bit.

Yes, I checked it before posting this thread. Adjusting FLIR helps only a little (concerning to my 1920res-monitor).

Edited by Simpit

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

maybe it will be okay when we have new flir tech??? coming with apache??

To avoid too much expatations, iirc FLIR update first comes for Apache only, other modules like the Hornet or Viper will benefit in the near future

Yep, I am sure it is not just us on DCS. But recently I have flown several missions where the flir display shows nothing but light green. Not even a shadow of an island or a horizon. I hope the RL guys don't have it that bad.  I will say though that I love Atflir for bombing stationary targets. Lot's of fun designating the target w/ the flir (or multiple targets) and then watching the hit or hits either on the flir or in F6. 

On 3/5/2022 at 8:50 AM, Weasel said:

To avoid too much expatations, iirc FLIR update first comes for Apache only, other modules like the Hornet or Viper will benefit in the near future

Meanwhile, we know the Gazelle and Harrier already have the updated FLIR API in their systems and ready to go with the upcoming patch.

It really would be a shame if ED delays it on their modules without reason, and by shame, I mean... annoying.

Edited by XCNuse

37 минут назад, XCNuse сказал:

Meanwhile, we know the Gazelle and Harrier already have the updated FLIR API in their systems and ready to go with the upcoming patch.

It really would be a shame if ED delays it on their modules without reason, and by shame, I mean... annoying.

Annoying or not it was the plan. As far as I understand each FLIR capable device will receive separate update. Proof link from Russian forum:

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

I saw this image on the RAZBAM discord. For AV8B NA Harrier, of course... The "improvement" looks to me like a WORSE image closer to reality rather than an "improvement" to FLIR quality in DCS. Not sure what to think about it....

LEFT = NEW

Right = Current

Edited by Recluse

That's what it should be like. Don't expect any "improvement" in image quality, or anything to make things easier. Our FLIR systems are vastly overperforming right now, there's a reason TV option exists on all the FLIR pods. Thermal imaging isn't a magic enemy highlighting tool, but a camera that sees what temperature things have. When it's night, or in winter, that's pretty great. When it's hot, everything will glow. Humidity also degrades it pretty badly. Any move to implement these limitations will make TGPs harder to use.

sorry about stupid question, but i havent been flying on Hornet for a months....is autolasing for laser guided weapons now implemented? and how it works? thanks.

Edited by VDV